Crossfit - pushing yourself or cac foolishness?

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you can do low impact HIIT on bikes and rowers, no need to stress your joints with sprints/jumps/burpees

crossfit took off because bootcamp/specialty/independent fitness took off. People do get good results from crossfit, even at the expense of long-term health, so of course folks flock to it seeing it as THE way to get fit when in reality you could get the same results with the age old cardio/strength training/proper nutrition regimens that have been around for forever.
How do burpees stress the joints?

Daps
Most crossfit ideologies are the antithesis of what you should be doing in excersise from a scientific standpoint.
The only reason why people get cut doing it, is because they brute force it. Not because it is a good program.

Many of their excersizes don't make any sense. I'll point out a few.

3x Power Clean then jumping over the bar 10 times, repeat 10x
BurpMid-sddfkj7skjh.JPG

This is stupid because you are doing a heavy, coordinated lift, and then trying to fit cardio in bewteen.
The problem is you aren't truly focused on the bulk side because you are throwing random cardio in, and you aren't doing enough cardio for it to be consider a cardio workout.

The end result is that you tire yourself out anaerobically, and your lift form suffers. But you don't truly tire yourself enough for it to be considered good cardio.

Here's another one,
Kipping Pullups
giphy.gif

You use the momentum to kill the actual work of the back and biceps.
You rarely ever reach the appropriate pull-up height because you're afraid of smashing your teeth into the bar
You use your legs to ease the work of the muscles that you are actually trying to work and end up only working your forearms
You look like a damn fool

Take all that passion and drive and apply it to real scientific workouts and they would be amazing.

But these people seem to respond better to dumbshyt :mjlol:

I mean I didn't even mention the infamous "Crossfit Deadlifts"

fk3I3YH.jpg
[/IMG]

Say goodbye to your spine breh :francis:
:jordandead:

On the flipside, my girl does that shyt and tried convincing me that that retarded ass shyt is a real workout and that I should join her. I just regularly workout while she joins the cult. Meanwhile, I'm diesel and cut the fukk up. Got these cacs doing these dumbass incorrect lightweight workout routines, placing bars on their pelvises and humping the air then looking at me like
:merchant:

That shyt fukks her up believing what them cacs tell her. I even tried telling her that her pre workout is the wrong one but she'll learn one day. I just sit back and watch while other women continually compliment my physique.
:sas2:

shyt's easy just takes form, dedication and no procrastination. Be your own leader. Don't seek cac approval. They don't know shyt.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
If you get trained to do it, it’s safe. Currently doing some now in an 8 week challenge, it’s fun. I’ll be going to the gym in about an hour to do some more and do kickboxing afterwards

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do burpees stress the joints?
Iunno about all that but i ended up with thick muscle knots in my neck that took like 6 months to completely clear up. This was after doing burpees every day for only a few weeks.

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
Pure foolishness but it's fun if you just do it on some social shyt. Lotta good looking women into crossfit :ehh:

Wouldn't make it a lifestyle (hello snap city) but I'll do it now and then :yeshrug:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
As @YouMadd? already stated-

It’s not for everyone.
Not all boxes are created equally.
Not all coaches are created equally.
Not all programs are created equally.

Unfortunately the plethora of poorly run gyms (some not even affiliates) owned and run by under qualified coaches who don’t understand proper programming give crossfit a bad name.

Like most people in this thread I used to shyt on it and laugh at all the YouTube videos as I went about my powerlifting/bodybuilding/cardio routines at a big box gym so I get it.

I’m about a year and change in and I’ve never felt better from an overall physical fitness standpoint so that’s the most important thing to me.

PS- that “40 crossfit fails” vid someone posted a few posts above me is comedy. But more than half those fails don’t take place in a crossfit gym, a bunch are actually specifically oly lifters, a few are in individuals in big box gyms, and even a few are saves. Ugly saves but saves nonetheless.
Exactly... Great opinion to add to the thread.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Crossfit is every bad think you've heard about it. Love the idea, but all the fukkery you'd expect. I went into a local shop just to see if it was as bad as I'd read; a living meme. Somehow it got sidetracked by untrained, unskilled, showboaters and it gets a lot of innocent people hurt.

25YOUTHS!!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naw I'll just stick to my regular weightlifting routine.
And HIIT for cardio.
Started doing yoga a while ago when I tweaked my shoulder and couldn't go heavy on upper body. That shyt is legit for overall flexibility and recovery imo. Now I do a full body yoga routine couple times a week, usually the day after legs.