Crushing Student Loan Debt Is Hurting Women the Most (Black Women With The Highest Burden)

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
But you can get a black husband.

Veering off-topic, a viable man wouldn't marry a Target cashier w/50k in loans. If he does, he is a simp.

Back on topic, if you have a degree and end up working in retail/customer service realm, then you planned poorly...

Students should start off with an internship/work-study program related in their field and have practical work xp when they finish their degree. A raw degree doesn't get you anything...

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
And what job will you be working to save this money?
Where there's a will there's a way. When I was 16 I got a job to save money for a motorcycle. Saved 3GS in 6 months. Gotta sacrifice for what you want or take the fast costly way and borrow money at high rates greatly reducing your ability to gain wealth later.

boyonamission

Banned
Daps
I have $44k and that's mainly from attempting to get an MBA which I regret.

Why do you regret it? Personally, I wanna go for it---if I get into a T15 program. Otherwise, I'm sticking to the CRNA (nursing) route for grad school.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
This isn't a racial issue, it is a cultural issue that kids of all races are being told "just go to college and it will work out" and crushed by debt because:
- They didn't have a plan on a major
- Didn't research on a major
- Didn't realize debt loads would be so high
- Colleges are lowering standards to allow anyone because they are aware the money train is going to stop eventually..."Wanna major in Graphic Design? No experience in it? Sure, here is your admissions packet"

Do you just go to a car dealership, open house, or furniture store and just tell the salesperson, "I don't know what I want really, but I will trust you to make the plans for me and I will sign away. I won't read the interest rate or anything, it will just work out". If we were as diligent with college tuition vs other large-consumer purchases, we would be straight.

STEM or the Trades are the future, not liberal degrees that will only have you working at:
Starbucks
Applebee's
Red Lobster
Target

Finally, if you are going to college without a game plan and major BEFORE you apply, then you've already lost big time....
Also, state schools are getting more competitive now.

TheCPA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Montreal, Canada
That's why i didn't believe in this statistic about black women becoming the breadwinners just because they're more college graduate than black men. A huge portion of black women enrolled in bullshyt program that don't pay while black men are leaning trade job with less debts and more income, and a huge portion of black men who goes to college tend to graduate with a useful degree, you don't see many black men in college in liberal arts bullshyt programs. Just because you have a PHD doesn't mean shyt, useful skills in today's world is the only way to save yourself. That's why white supremacy are pushing black women to go in debts with college degrees, to push them back in a form of slavery, when you're heavily in debt you don't have time to speak cause someone have to pay these debts.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
That's why i didn't believe in this statistic about black women becoming the breadwinners just because they're more college graduate than black men. A huge portion of black women enrolled in bullshyt program that don't pay while black men are leaning trade job with less debts and more income, and a huge portion of black men who goes to college tend to graduate with a useful degree, you don't see many black men in college in liberal arts bullshyt programs. Just because you have a PHD doesn't mean shyt, useful skills in today's world is the only way to save yourself. That's why white supremacy are pushing black women to go in debts with college degrees, to push them back in a form of slavery, when you're heavily in debt you don't have time to speak cause someone have to pay these debts.
I've met two not so bright STEM majors from San Fran at a bar once. I think they were lying. Outside of that, I've yet to meet a black women that studied something besides psychology, journalism and a healthcare profession. Strictly regionally-accredited bachelors granting institutions. I know they exist just I didn't personally meet one.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Its alotta black folk who go to college just to go to college just for that college diploma. Family pressure included even for myself.

I was doing biotechnology and it was rarely any black females in my science/math classes, probably had 3 at the most . I switched to poli sci cuz I dont need college anymore only to please fam and it was a lot more especially in my psychology classes.
Your poli Cy degree will be worthless. You're better off dropping out and getting a trade degree.

The smartest move will be to quit being a p*ssy and go back and finish your biotech degree.

Get some certs as well.

You've been warned.

BushidoBrown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
What are those women and men studying in college?

Women tend to flock to soft majors that don't pay well after graduation.

All four-year degrees aren't created equal.

The work and effort a sociology major has to put in to graduate is not the same as what an engineering major has to put in.

No disrespect to sociology majors. But, engineering majors get paid more for a reason.
Breh, i dont think sociology majors work necessarily any less hard than engineering majors.

Think its got more to do with the fact that as an industry, companies who hire engineers tend to make more profit than the social work industry..im sure social work is some streeful trying shxt

BushidoBrown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Most people flock to "soft majors." Most jobs dont require you have a "hard major."

Granted there are far more higher earning degrees than others but you can still earn because as mentioned in my first point, most jobs dont require a "hard degree."

Also, black students dont have the parental help that white students have which will explain why they have to take out more loans. Dont blame black women and their "soft degrees." Blame black women for not having parents that bothered to save for them. How often do we hear about the broke college student. Why is it expected for you to be a broke college student? What were your parents doing for the first 18 years of your life? Save for your education?

Also black people may want to consider public schools as they are cheaper and student locally so you dont have to get loans to pay for your room and board.

Any opportunity to shyt on black women.

This is another big thing.
White and Asian students are more likely to have parents/mentors who attended college and can guide them through.
Black students are far less likely.

And outside of Biology, Nursing, and Psychology, most STEM fields are vast majority men, and even moreso White and East Asian men.

This isn't a racial issue, it is a cultural issue that kids of all races are being told "just go to college and it will work out" and crushed by debt because:
- They didn't have a plan on a major
- Didn't research on a major
- Didn't realize debt loads would be so high

- Colleges are lowering standards to allow anyone because they are aware the money train is going to stop eventually..."Wanna major in Graphic Design? No experience in it? Sure, here is your admissions packet"

Finally, if you are going to college without a game plan and major BEFORE you apply, then you've already lost big time....

unfortunately, a lot of black people are not well versed enough in the understanding of how systematic white supremecy works in the sense that - not everyone(very few in fact), can make a respectable living with a degree in a soft major. Due to not having the proper connects/network in place and again, lacking that financial support from parents.

We cant all thrive with journalism/communication or psych degrees

Enough of us in here already know why our parents dont really got the same economic strength as our non melanated counterparts.

So knowing this, u gotta move strategically.
Always gotta be 12x better, go 12x harder no matter what youre working towards..

"Bu - but we're the most educated :mjgrin:
:mjlol: Chill breh, we cant tear our sistas down we gotta be a support system for them now as much as any other time in history. On some each one who knows better show the next person the right way to approach this shyt.

These cacs are playing chess with us..get us to sign up for 10s of thousands to go to school for a degree that will never get us a career that will pay a decent living wage and then some.

Gotta study ur opponent