Cuomo Declares a State of Emergency for NYC Subways: Update 7/26 - MTA submits 2 phase $9bil plan

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
that's crazy to hear, i haven't spent significant time (more than a couple days) in NY since 2012, but every time i've been there i always marveled at how efficient (and expansive) the subway system was. i hate our train system out here. sad to see the model pub trans system has fallen apart

I said it in the other thread, but NYC MTA is the best in the country...that just tells you how bad the rest of the countries public transportation is.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

Fam all these appointments are nothing more than dumping grounds for political hacks

To the Port Authority credit they always doing public projects and infustructure updating at its facilities.. The Port is the 2nd largest land holder in the world behind the Vatican church.. mofos got long money that they have to spend.

afterlife2009

Superstar
Daps

:dead:

The Transport Workers Union (TWU) Local 100 claims that the dead bodies pulled up off the tracks are stashed away in "bathrooms, facility rooms, [and] break rooms" until the medical examiner respondsT, according to TWU vice president Derek Echevarria. These rooms are reportedly often left unlocked, so anybody trying to slip away for a quick break could accidentally stumble across a severed foot or corpse.

Besides being traumatizing, disrespectful, and generally just super gross, TWU says the whole hiding a corpse in a bathroom thing is pretty unsanitary, too.

"You have pieces, you have blood spatter," Echevarria said in the statement. "It could be any contamination or disease."

MTA spokesman Shams Tarek responded to the complaint, confirming that, yeah, sometimes these things happen, but the bodies are put in a "non-public space" until the NYPD can arrive on the scene, which happens nearly "instantly." The TWU disagrees, though, arguing that it can take upward of a few hours before the corpses are cleared.