Cuomo Declares a State of Emergency for NYC Subways: Update 7/26 - MTA submits 2 phase $9bil plan

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Thank god I live 10-15 minutes from work, i can jog to work if worst came to worst. I would like to buy a house one day but I'm not about that commute life living on LI...unless it's long beach and I'm not paying 800k to live in a decent neighborhood in queens.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Thank god I live 10-15 minutes from work, i can jog to work if worst came to worst. I would like to buy a house one day but I'm not about that commute life living on LI...unless it's long beach and I'm not paying 800k to live in a decent neighborhood in queens.
Where do you work?

Edit: What borough?

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pols to spend 24 hours over two days traveling on NYC subways to 'connect with the riders' on unique issues

Two city and state leaders will tour the subway to hear directly from the riding public next week — and they're not Gov. Cuomo and Mayor de Blasio.

Councilman Ydanis Rodriguez and Assemblyman Jeffrey Dinowitz — both Democrats and chairmen of committees that oversee the MTA — will spend 12 hours a day in the subway on Aug. 3 and 4.

From 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. the two pols will ride the rails in all five boroughs. They expect other elected officials and transit advocates to join.

“We want to connect with the riders,” said Rodriguez, who represents northern Manhattan. “We want to hear from them directly and we want to take the opportunity to bring all the advocate groups in different places.”

Pols to spend 24 hours on subway to connect with riders

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Water taxi strikes dock at Pier 79 in Hell's Kitchen injuring 30 passengers

A New York Water Taxi returning from a trip to the Statue of Liberty struck the dock at Pier 79 in Hell’s Kitchen Friday, injuring 30 passengers, authorities said.

Firefighters and medics rushed to the Hudson River near W. 40th St. after the vessel hit the dock during a planned stop around 4 p.m., police said.

“Apparently some of the people were standing, so when the taxi hit they flew forward,” said a worker at the pier. “Problem is, people are too eager to get out.”

article-watertaxi4-0728.JPG

radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago
Pols to spend 24 hours over two days traveling on NYC subways to 'connect with the riders' on unique issues

Two city and state leaders will tour the subway to hear directly from the riding public next week — and they're not Gov. Cuomo and Mayor de Blasio.

Councilman Ydanis Rodriguez and Assemblyman Jeffrey Dinowitz — both Democrats and chairmen of committees that oversee the MTA — will spend 12 hours a day in the subway on Aug. 3 and 4.

From 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. the two pols will ride the rails in all five boroughs. They expect other elected officials and transit advocates to join.

“We want to connect with the riders,” said Rodriguez, who represents northern Manhattan. “We want to hear from them directly and we want to take the opportunity to bring all the advocate groups in different places.”

Pols to spend 24 hours on subway to connect with riders
How you have constituents in manhattan, on the MTA board and don't ride the subway?:snoop:

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The subways would be a little better if all those yuppies and hipsters go back to the farm they came from.

Basically. On some real shyt, this is nothing new and has been going on for decades. It's that with those people around, moving here by the influx on some bring westbubblefukk to the city. they are expecting a working class, poor city to change and upgrade to some upper class background to keep their punk asses happy. So they encourage this shyt with the scam artists aka rent owners willing to overcharge and these lames fronting like they are hot shyt on social media when they are broke as fukk. A lot of them can't even afford the shyt they are expecting too which is why a majority of them need to live with a roommate, three or more. It's them. And the arrogance in them too is even worse. They need to keep their upper classes put and stick with there.

Last edited:

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
Doesn't help when Cumo is trying to spend $200M out of the MTA's budget just to add lights to bridges

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Albany Times Union
45 mins ·
The governor returned from Washington with project updates and concerns with Trump's administration.

Cuomo to Trump: Where's the $1 trillion for infrastructure?
Governor says of transgender military ban that Trump administration is based on anger and hate. A day after meeting with Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao to…
TIMESUNION.COM

The Hill
45 mins ·
The GOP-led Senate Appropriations Committee unanimously rejected President Trump’s proposed cuts to the Transportation Department, voting instead to increase the agency’s budget by nearly $1 billion and give funds to Obama-era programs Trump wanted to kill.

GOP-led Senate committee unanimously rejects Trump cuts to Transportation Dept
The added millions to Obama programs Trump wanted to eliminate.
THEHILL.COM

Hmm

I agree...Don Cheeto wanting to add billions more to defense and cut transportation is :snoop:

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
POLITICO New York
4 hrs ·
Businesses that adopt a station in Manhattan will also have to adopt one in the outer boroughs.

To help fix subways, Cuomo revives an old adopt-a-station idea
Cuomo said that every New Yorker should do his or her part to fix the subway system
POLITICO.COM

I guess he's serious

:mjlol:

this is a terrile idea :gucci:

seems like a good plan to me. let businesses sponsor and pay to upgrade the more popular stations and that money not spend by the mta could go towards outer borough stations and overall infrastructure spending. I'll even say they should go as far as to encourage community groups to sponsor local stations too in funds and time. i won't mind volunteering some time to clean, paint, etc my local station.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
seems like a good plan to me. let businesses sponsor and pay to upgrade the more popular stations and that money not spend by the mta could go towards outer borough stations and overall infrastructure spending. I'll even say they should go as far as to encourage community groups to sponsor local stations too in funds and time. i won't mind volunteering some time to clean, paint, etc my local station.

I don't think it's bad per say but I just don't want it to become a corny mess and I'm concerned there will still be extreme money shortfalls even if they do it. In some of the article they point out I think Barclay's paid 200k a year for maybe 20 years for the naming rights for Atlantic/Barclay Center. It's a huge station and that's all they got granted the arena is there and idk if the developer had to pay for underground improvements to the site. Some improvements are paid for by developers in sensitive spots like 1 Vanderbilt but that's an extreme case. That's also one of the aims of the Midtown East rezoning. Even with the new articles I've read now saying for a prime station whatever company would have to chip in for an outerborough station I see problems paired with the fact there is a huge drop in commercial storefronts and we're probably about to enter another recession ugh...

I think another thing the city/state should consider is a right off for businesses and individuals as well. I'd also happily buy some paint, tiles, etc given the opportunity.