"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
All the critiques of this game has been about taste and comfort.

Nothing about the gameplay or story elements...all about trans-persons-phobia, perceived racism, "motion sickness" cause by first person view, etc.

Goosh, I'd hate to make video games. You guys are some gosh darn bytches.

Just don't buy the game...sheesh!

Most of the criticism on here have been about the game being first person. So the exact opposite of what you’re talking about. But I guess you’re talking about other websites and shyt.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Not so sure about that Hex:patrice:
"Not long ago, CD Projekt RED co-founder Marcin Iwiński dismissed reports that the studio had run into financial troubles, and said that the challenges involved in Cyberpunk 2077‘s development stemmed from the studio’s transition from The Witcher 3 to the upcoming title. Coincidentally, it was Schreier that Iwiński was interviewing with when he acknowledged these issues.

Separately, a former CD Projekt RED developer previously told Schreier that Cyberpunk 2077‘s development issues were akin to Anthem‘s.

“I’ve felt that there are hundreds of parallels that could be drawn between the story of the rocky development of Anthem and the story of the rocky and even-more-rocky-to-become development of Cyberpunk 2077,” said the former employee. “At times, I’ve felt I could just replace the studio name and the game title, and it would all look so similar, almost identical.”"
This news articles is where the former developer quote come from
https://kotaku.com/as-cyberpunk-2077-development-intensifies-cd-projekt-r-1834849725

And this is his response to it
"However, speaking to the outlet, CD Projekt Red boss Marcin Iwinski denied that the company has been struggling financially, though he did admit that making such an ambitious game, especially as you move over to new tech, is very difficult.

"It’s always the same story across the entire industry," said Iwinski. "If you’re changing the technology and at the same time you’re producing the game, it’s a nightmare for most of the companies."

Iwinski noted that the studio has a "large war chest" of funds for the purpose of Cyberpunk 2077's development."
Cyberpunk 2077 Development Has Been Messy Like Anthem, Says Former Developer

But I still buying the game so :manny:

This doesn't seem accurate as they just announced 2-3 days ago they'll be developing two AAA titles concurrently from now on:

CD Projekt is officially making more Witcher and Cyberpunk games in the future

That doesn't sound like money is a problem. :yeshrug:

Fred.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This doesn't seem accurate as they just announced 2-3 days ago they'll be developing two AAA titles concurrently from now on:

CD Projekt is officially making more Witcher and Cyberpunk games in the future

That doesn't sound like money is a problem. :yeshrug:

Fred.
It not really a money issue in the way your thinking of it so much as it about it being project management triangle issues for example, a project can be completed faster by increasing budget or cutting scope. Similarly, increasing scope may require equivalent increases in budget and schedule. them be able to manage their one project that being cyberpunk 2077 in a way that dont take resources away from other project that being developed like the next witcher that why I think the "former cd project red employee" make the the comparison to the anthem developed issues because anthem was cutting in the resources of the next dragon age that was also being developed around same time but anthem was no where near compete to make the deadline that it needed to come out so EA pull some of the lead developers that were in the progress of developed dragon age 4 to helped the team that was developing the anthem game to make it deadline but that just my theory :jbhmm:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
QZj3Sjw.png
https://i.imgur.com/QZj3Sjw.png

New wallpaper

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
It not really a money issue in the way your thinking of it so much as it about it being project management triangle issues for example, a project can be completed faster by increasing budget or cutting scope. Similarly, increasing scope may require equivalent increases in budget and schedule. them be able to manage their one project that being cyberpunk 2077 in a way that dont take resources away from other project that being developed like the next witcher that why I think the "former cd project red employee" make the the comparison to the anthem developed issues because anthem was cutting in the resources of the next dragon age that was also being developed around same time but anthem was no where near compete to make the deadline that it needed to come out so EA pull some of the lead developers that were in the progress of developed dragon age 4 to helped the team that was developing the anthem game to make it deadline but that just my theory :jbhmm:

This is what I think as well. I'm on team fukk FPP, and think that most of what they say about it being a creative choice, is marketing spin. But, I can see the business side as well. This game has been in development for the better part of five years. They did get grants from the Polish government for the game. It's not that they're strapped for cash, but they do have to manage resources. So yeah, maybe they "removed" genders, because on the voice acting side, there doesn't have to be multiple changes to the lines for he and she references. They can do everything in one cut. Especially since it has multiple languages. The same with FPP. I don't think it was artistic choice. I think it was, it's crunch time and if they leave these things in, they're not going to meet their release date. Because they're rendering for male, female, and however you customize your character. They have to get this game out in order to make money. What if all of this delays the game for six months to a year? They also had to pay Keanu. I wouldn't be surprised if TPP and FPP gameplay was originally an option. LIke with Fallout and Elder Scrolls. That management of resources and budget though. If anything, I think part of their problem has been being too transparent. Yes they had to show something to generate buzz. If you're not sure that something is going to be in a game though, then don't show those things to the public. But they're trying to live up to the title given to them by the gaming community as the company for gamers, by gamers.