"Cyberpunk 2077" (New DLC "Phantom Liberty" | (9/26)

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Anyone honestly worried about FPP needs to purchase this game for PC...

The game is running on the same engine as W3 and has no DRM...

I give it a week before TPP is modded in...

Daps
All the critiques of this game has been about taste and comfort.

Nothing about the gameplay or story elements...all about trans-persons-phobia, perceived racism, "motion sickness" cause by first person view, etc.

Goosh, I'd hate to make video games. You guys are some gosh darn bytches.

Just don't buy the game...sheesh!

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
pe203_01_kansi_fin_rgb.png

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Having it be fp must be a cost saver

It may be. I don't have links, but I remember early news on the game is that it was going to have FPP and TPP, like Fallout and Elder Scrolls. The rumor that went around last year, is that CDPR realized that they were being way too ambitious, and removed TPP. Now if that is a cost thing, or an artistic thing, I don't know. What I do know is that this game has been in development for about 7 years now. They're not an EA that has deep pockets, and they had to apply for a bunch of grants from the Polish government for funding. So at some point, I wouldn't be surprised if someone said that something had to be cut, so that they could get this game out and make some money.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I seriously doubt they give a fukk about that....maybe 10 years ago. "The Witcher 3" made $250 million.

CD Projekt Rich: Witcher 3 revenues total $250 million, trilogy sells 25 million

So, for better or worse, the FP perspective seems to be an artistic choice.

Fred.
Not so sure about that Hex:patrice:
"Not long ago, CD Projekt RED co-founder Marcin Iwiński dismissed reports that the studio had run into financial troubles, and said that the challenges involved in Cyberpunk 2077‘s development stemmed from the studio’s transition from The Witcher 3 to the upcoming title. Coincidentally, it was Schreier that Iwiński was interviewing with when he acknowledged these issues.

Separately, a former CD Projekt RED developer previously told Schreier that Cyberpunk 2077‘s development issues were akin to Anthem‘s.

“I’ve felt that there are hundreds of parallels that could be drawn between the story of the rocky development of Anthem and the story of the rocky and even-more-rocky-to-become development of Cyberpunk 2077,” said the former employee. “At times, I’ve felt I could just replace the studio name and the game title, and it would all look so similar, almost identical.”"
This news articles is where the former developer quote come from
https://kotaku.com/as-cyberpunk-2077-development-intensifies-cd-projekt-r-1834849725

And this is his response to it
"However, speaking to the outlet, CD Projekt Red boss Marcin Iwinski denied that the company has been struggling financially, though he did admit that making such an ambitious game, especially as you move over to new tech, is very difficult.

"It’s always the same story across the entire industry," said Iwinski. "If you’re changing the technology and at the same time you’re producing the game, it’s a nightmare for most of the companies."

Iwinski noted that the studio has a "large war chest" of funds for the purpose of Cyberpunk 2077's development."
Cyberpunk 2077 Development Has Been Messy Like Anthem, Says Former Developer

But I still buying the game so :manny: