Da Lench Mob's Fukk You and You're Heroes apperciation thread

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Was tellin cats this freshman year.....Guerillas In The Mist dropped first then a couple months later Predator. shyt, cats was still reelin from Death Certificate. Wicked was still smellin like the LA riots tho.

Prollem with Predator was the corny Gangstas fairytale 2, the Das/Cypress biting (now i gotta wetcha was like a knockoff House Of pain beat). The original Check Yo Self was marginal. Basically it was the first time Cube failed to deliver a bonafide classic. Lench Mob was out of the blue and surprised the game with wild new energy. It didn't have the same standard of excellence to adhere to yet it just was excellent.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
:stopitslime:

You cant be serious
I Like Buck tha Devil, but that energy that comes out the speakers hearing ice cube freaking Queen's 'We will rock you':ohlawd:

This is the way you open an album

That was the other song I loved off the bat but it doesn't really hold up to Buck Tha Devil. Like, I no joke just got severe goosebumps all over my soon to be 38 year old forearms just now off Buck Tha Devil. It's such a monster tune.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
I've felt this way since 1992, playboi. And I'm not alone. Predator left me a little starved. Lench Mob had me buckin'.

Who Ya Gon' Shoot Wit That...Ankle Blues..Freedom Got An AK....:blessed: we had Classic Cube when he was 23 and pissed and Sir Jinx and Torcha Chamba brought that wicked funk to go off on damn shame that J-Dee got 25 2 life right after this....:wow:

Title track > Good Day.

Buck Tha Devil is as good as any album cut on predator....maybe better than We Had to tear this muthafukka up even.

and lord have mercy is the epic album closer.

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
Prollem with Predator was the corny Gangstas fairytale 2, the Das/Cypress biting (now i gotta wetcha was like a knockoff House Of pain beat). The original Check Yo Self was marginal. Basically it was the first time Cube failed to deliver a bonafide classic. Lench Mob was out of the blue and surprised the game with wild new energy. It didn't have the same standard of excellence to adhere to yet it just was excellent.

"Everybody jump, jump, jump....." I did not like that shyt at all :scusthov: Muthafukkaz had high expectations of Cube back then. As dope as Predator was it was a step down from DC. By the time you got to Who Got The Camera me personally, I was somewhat disappointed, a NWA/Cube stan.....With a Cube album? Unheard of back then I know....Predator just felt "different" back then, shyt is hard to explain.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
That was the other song I loved off the bat but it doesn't really hold up to Buck Tha Devil. Like, I no joke just got severe goosebumps all over my soon to be 38 year old forearms just now off Buck Tha Devil. It's such a monster tune.

Wicked still does that to me...when the bass line starts tickin, Don Jagwarr kicks it off
in patois, then Funky Worm synth goes pitch black...that shyt screams LA 1991-'93 :salute:

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
"Everybody jump, jump, jump....." I did not like that shyt at all :scusthov: Muthafukkaz had high expectations of Cube back then. As dope as Predator was it was a step down from DC. By the time you got to Who Got The Camera me personally, I was somewhat disappointed, a NWA/Cube stan.....With a Cube album? Unheard of back then I know....Predator just felt "different" back then, shyt is hard to explain.

We ALL felt it. It had enough heat to allow us to front like there wasn't trouble in paradise, i think we all even shaved out heads on some wicked/house of pain/onyx shyt but the album simply doesn't hold up to his previous works.

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
That energy that comes out the speakers hearing ice cube freaking Queen's 'We will rock you':ohlawd:

This is the way you open an album

This was my favorite song off Predator. That American Me intro, then that "GOTDAMN" vocal, lyrics, the beat....Not just the hardest cut off the album IMO but one of his hardest cuts ever.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Lenchmob Also In The Group

^^^^^THAT's the 'Show Em Watcha got' moment on this album......SOMEBODY, maybe Saigon or Kilelr Mike, should rhyme on that asap.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I guess its just me cuz i still say Preditor gave Cube his perfect trilogy.

Now Lethal Injection on the other hand.....

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Man, I'm about to play Public Enemy in a minute. Louder Than a Bomb is low key the sleeper cut of Nations....sounds almost like a Yo! Bumrush leftover.

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
Wicked still does that to me...when the bass line starts tickin, Don Jagwarr kicks it off
in patois, then Funky Worm synth goes pitch black...that shyt screams LA 1991-'93 :salute:

Remember X-Clan hoppin on that Funky Worm.....Xodus, same year as Wicked. I absolutely loved that sample bruh :russ: