Dame Dash Confronts Lee Daniels About His 2 Million Dollars

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
It’s sad that Dame is responsible for the initial public discovery of a lot important figures in current culture (put Kevin Hart in his first movie, helped Jay-Z break into the mainstream, gave Kanye a chance as an artist, funded Lee Daniels first hit film) but will probably leave earth without getting his just due.

Dame and Irv Gotti are legit two of the most unlikable nikkas ever but they kept 100 and pushed the culture FORWARD. Snake ass nikkas like Lyor and Steve Stouts ended up winning tho cuz they grimey

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
This could be a situation like Dame gave him $50-100K to finish Precious or whatever the project was and Daniels is like you'll get your initial money back plus a percentage/back end of the profits if the film is profitable which it was. Maybe he got his $50-100K back but he didn't the backend percentage which could amount to $2 million. No way he hands him two million and is simply owed two million. You only invest in films to get more than what you put into it. You're only happy to break even if the movie is a flop

Last edited:

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
this doesn't change my argument bruh...dame was hurting in 2015 too :pachaha:

he's suing him for a movie that was shot in 2008, which means he probably loaned him the money in '07 or possibly earlier.

again - one of them is broke, the other is highly successful with hit shows on FOX. Daniels is loaded.

Dame also invested in a movie called THE WOODSMAN, do you see him hounding the director of that film for his money back?

I'll say it again because you missed it: I don't like EITHER of these negroes - but what dame is doing is highly unusual in the industry.

Lee and Dame go back before Precious.

Lee was a producer on The WOODSMAN.

Dame and Lee also worked together on Shadowboxer.

They have history together. So, it is part of the reason why Dame is angrier than he normally is with Lee.

We don't know the whole story, though. We just know what Dame said. :hubie:

IF it is true Dame loaned him 2 mil for Precious, then Dame expected a return or something given their history of working together before Precious.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn he must need that money bad to run up on ol boy that way, usually you just let the lawyers do what they do
He’s always maintained he needed the money. Dame has always been open about how he is spending his own money as opposed to getting subsidized by a company. $2 million is an enormous amount in that scenario.

banner34

Superstar
Daps
Dame is better than me, because for $2 million, after all of these years and his subsequent success due to my loan/investment, there wouldn't be shyt to talk about when I see you.

I just don't get how the self proclaimed Ultimate Hustler keeps getting hustled though :patrice:
If dame hits him he goes to jail
And never gets the money in a lawsuit so dame did the right thing