Dame Dash Confronts Lee Daniels About His 2 Million Dollars

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Ha the situation sounds funny for several reasons:

1) If you giving $2M to someone, you either doing it outta love (w/ no reciprocity) or you giving it as a loan. If you giving the $ out of love - Jay loaned $20M to Kanye - you normally don't ask for the $ back. If you trying to help someone out - and want that $ back - you better come to a damn agreement in writing. It ain't about "honor" or "street code" when we talkin' $2 million. That's hustlin backwards Dame.

2) The timing is funny too. Dame could have asked for the $ back in 2009 or 2010 or 2011. But he was also fighting a custody case with his baby moms and it's not in his best interest to show that he has income. Hmm.....

3) Dame thought by asking for the $$ via that stupid barber's YT page, Lee Daniels would come speak to him. Bruh :dame:

4) Speaking of asking for the $$$ back in 2009.... maybe he didn't want to pay Curren$y or anyone else back then, including his baby mamas.....

5) Dame did this for the 'gram.

6) Dame could speak to Lee Daniels in private..... but really there's a reason why people can only deal with him in doses.

7) Imagine if old Roc artists from 2002-2003 start finessin' Dame for that redirected $ budgeted for their albums... :dame:

8) Nice publicity stunt for the "culture vultures" project......

9) Dame could sue Lee Daniels, but I think it would have to be in NY when the original "transaction" was agreed to. Problem is Dame can't go back to NY b/c there's still outstanding child support cases.... which is why he hasn't been back to NY since the Breakfast Club interview

Look I hope this gets settled, but the full-force sympathy seems a bit out of hand honestly.

Maybe he tried to give the man some time,the movie came out in 09:gucci:
Plus did you miss where Dame said Lee doesn't call him?I'm pretty sure he has tried to reach out to Lee Daniels before.
We know he has reached out to him through lawyers.
Why speak to him in private?So Lee can beat himself up and claim Dame did it to avoid paying the 2 million:mjlol:
Maybe Dame smarted up and realized the rent was too high, and only wanted to deal with people who are just like him in small doses.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Not a fan of either of these snake ass negroes - but as others have pointed out, dame is hurting...bad.

this is the equivalent of jordan or magic coming back to spike lee for that malcolm X money. :mjlol:

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Lee is a disgusting faq, no disrespect and shyt to gays but dude is no good and I always am creeped out by dude in every pic I see of him.

Including one where he looks like he is about to Weinstein Chris Rock and Terrance Howard. That nikka need his ass beat but I respect Dame handling it maturely. I need to grow to be that way cause the BK in me would have kicked his ass right there and stifled him half to death. I was gonna get my money back plus interest one way or another. I mean we are talking 2 million dollars.
Damon already won.. he admitted his guilt... will be a field day in court..might get punitive and all that.
That's a fact. I was thinking the same shyt breh.

He didn't deny it.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
Dame finally caught him ahaha. he been looking for him for years.
Lee def thought Dame was doing to put hands on him.

Dame got every right to get that money. 2 million is fukkin 2 million.

Lee knows he's wrong has got him on tape, admission of guilt...Dame put on interest on that, plus lawyer fees b

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Ev

Admitted to taking the $2M even saying “ill give you your money”. Its clear cut if it went to court.

I would Sue for another $2M just because i had to chase this nikka around for years for my damn money back :stopitslime:

nikkas will be around everyday when they need somethin then when you finally give it to em they nowhere to be found smh. People like that are the worst type of human :hhh:
Heres the paradox of lending people money

Generally speaking, the kind of people who will pay you back, are not the kind of people who ask you for money in the first place.

So if you're gonna make a personal loan, be ready to write that money and the whole relationship off :manny:

mr x

Superstar
Daps

Lee knows he's wrong has got him on tape, admission of guilt...Dame put on interest on that, plus lawyer fees b

So the EP credit agreement was before jay signed on as producer, correct?

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
Love that nikka Dame and he deserves more respect than the industry gives him. Look what happened when Dame was taken out of the picture. The rest of them cats aint even talking to each other anymore and lets face it the quality of music has went in the toilet. Jay was the face of Roc but Dame was the glue that held all that shyt together and made sure the industry paid a black owned company what it owed. Never forget how he went off on Kevin Liles for Def Jam trying to slick rename The Hard Knock Life Tour as a Def Jam one with those jackets.

It's very true that Dame is the brains behind The Roc. It sure as fukk wasn't Jay. However, Dame's ego was his downfall and it's still kickin him in the ass to this day. The moment I saw this scene in Backstage, I knew Dame was done for. Any nikka that looks at this scene and thinks this is a win for Dame is a nikka who cant see the forest for the trees. Why do you think Kevin Liles signed the release on his appearance? Because he was playing chess. He gave Dame the rope to hang himself.

As far as Lee Daniels, fukk em. He owes that man. He didn't pay Dame because cacs told him that Dame was finished and he need not worry about him. He should have stayed true to his word. It's apparent Dame is strapped because people with real bread handle their financial disputes in court and not in the public.

OnlyFrans

subscribe today!
Supporter
Daps
"you didnt invite me to Precious or any of that shyt"

SLzS48.gif

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Damon already won.. he admitted his guilt... will be a field day in court..might get punitive and all that.

He didnt win...and he thinks people care about his personal business online...

He lost for loaning out 2 million without paper work because hes black...

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It's very true that Dame is the brains behind The Roc. It sure as fukk wasn't Jay. However, Dame's ego was his downfall and it's still kickin him in the ass to this day. The moment I saw this scene in Backstage, I knew Dame was done for. Any nikka that looks at this scene and thinks this is a win for Dame is a nikka who cant see the forest for the trees. Why do you think Kevin Liles signed the release on his appearance? Because he was playing chess. He gave Dame the rope to hang himself.

As far as Lee Daniels, fukk em. He owes that man. He didn't pay Dame because cacs told him that Dame was finished and he need not worry about him. He should have stayed true to his word. It's apparent Dame is strapped because people with real bread handle their financial disputes in court and not in the public.
I get that Dame ultimately ended up cutting his own throat by the way he handled shyt (the infamous board room scene was really the nail in his coffin) but it still doesn't mean he wrong for calling it for what it was. I mean if we being real in a business owned by Jews and whites there is no room for an outspoken black man who owns his record label and tells you what he thinks about you. Dame wasn't willing to play the games and they handed him his hat for it.
I agree that Dame is too loose with hand shake deals, not having contracts with all of his business dealing which is why he always in and out of court. I remember back on :hamster: me and @hustlemania use to go back and forth when Curren$y was rollin with Dame heavy and he had an interview where they asked him about his contract with Dame and he said something like "Nah we don't need contracts its all love". We both agreed that it would come back to haunt him and as soon as he signed to Warner they ended up suing Dame like clockwork for releasing Muscle Car Chronicles. Dame had to end up settling b/c he had no contract with Curren$y at the time and Warner did. Dame be trying to look out for people but never protect his own interest. He shows cats all kinds of love but when he dont get it back and lawyers get involved he ends up looking emotional like this very post.

Last edited:

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Not a fan of either of these snake ass negroes - but as others have pointed out, dame is hurting...bad.

this is the equivalent of jordan or magic coming back to spike lee for that malcolm X money. :mjlol:

so knowing this @thatdude901 who would you say sounds like the "hurting" broke boy in this situation now:picard:?The man who was willing to work with Lee Daniel and get some money down the line. Or the guy offering up credits so he doesn't have to pay,and ducking and hiding for 10 years:martin:?
Think we all know who you should never loan money too,based on these thread responses.