Dana White says Aldo vs. Pettis is already booked

Mad Good Dro

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/2/2/5370216/ufc-dana-white-says-aldo-vs-pettis-is-already-booked

Tonight saw UFC Featherweight champion, Jose Aldo add another name to his long list of victories when he defeated Ricardo Lamas in a five round grinder. It wasn't his most impressive performance, but he got the job done in an efficient, mostly dominant fashion. I won't go far far as to say it was disappointing, but it certainly wasn't anything to write home about.

A few moments ago, at the post event presser, Dana White said that Aldo's next fight has already been booked. His next opponent will be a step up in weight classes, as he'll be facing off against Lightweight champ, Anthony Pettis. The UFC official Twitter account also released the future bout:

UFCONFOX ✔ @UFCONFOX
Dana says: Aldo vs. Pettis is booked. ..One less thing he has to do on Monday… #UFC169

There is no word yet on when the match might take place.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
hes forcing aldo to move up

I doubt it, Aldo has shown interest in moving up to LW for quite some time now. He's had some terrible weight cuts down to 145, 155 looks like the weight class for him. Dana might be throwing extra money his way for taking the fight with Pettis, but forcing him to move up? I don't see it.

Last edited:

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
This fight is amazing on so many levels:

- Two champions

- Two of MMA's best strikers, both with devastating leg kicks. Aldo is the best striker Pettis has faced and Pettis is the best striker Aldo has faced.

- Very evenly matched, it's pretty much a toss-up fight.

Right now, I give the slight edge to Pettis. I see his cardio being the difference-maker in this fight, although 155 Aldo could prove otherwise. I believe that Aldo will have the upper hand in the earlier rounds, while Pettis will pour it on late and take the UD decision win.

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
:blessed: :ahh:

this will be one of the great fights of all time. all the circumstances are perfect, they are both in their prime.

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
If aldo is moving up, i really don't see the weight being a problem for him. i think the weight cut has shown in his last few fights. im taking aldo though.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I make Aldo a slight favorite in this but this is about as evenly matched as it gets skill wise.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for this fight just yet. There is still the issue of Pettis' injury and whether or not Aldo is willing to give up his FW belt to fight Pettis.

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
mma_e_faber_b2_576.jpg

"Vacating the featherweight title, you say?" :ohhh::whoo:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for this fight just yet. There is still the issue of Pettis' injury and whether or not Aldo is willing to give up his FW belt to fight Pettis.

Yea I said it last week that focing Aldo to drop the FW belt would be ridiculous. Esp since Penn didn't do it. Dana must be really confident in Aldo if he wants him to drop the title. At least wait and see how everything goes first before having his drop the title. Because who knows what will happen. Say he loses really bad against Pettis. You think interest would be high if he drops and challenges for the FW title again?

8====D

¡Vamos Spurs Vamos!
Daps
Reppin
210 | 334
if this fight actually materializes and comes into fruition, just imagine the possible standup battle we could see over a course of 5 rounds brehs!
:ohlawd: :banderas: :blessed: