Daredevil is that shyt, but whoever casted KINGPIN dropped the ball

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I friggin love this version of Wilson Fisk. I think every action he does has a great gravity to it. I think that is why he has a strange speech pattern, it's like dude is struggling with himself every step he takes. He generally leads with his emotions which has led to other criminals downfalls but yet he does it anyway. I mean I think the show really did a good job illustrating the parallels between Matt and Wilson and how they are really two sides of the same coin.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
I was very disappointed with this casting for Kingpin. I don't think this is how the character should be, at all. He's supposed to be a BAMF, not someone who comes across as an awkward loser.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I was very disappointed with this casting for Kingpin. I don't think this is how the character should be, at all. He's supposed to be a BAMF, not someone who comes across as an awkward loser.

He's awkward because he was still trying to walk the line between savior and sinner. He will always be emotionally dammaged but the next time we see Fisk he will be KINGPIN...he has/had to make a transformation just like Matt. How fukking boring would it be if he just showed up as a comic book villan? Might as well have started the series with Matt in the red suit.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
He's awkward because he was still trying to walk the line between savior and sinner..
come on breh name one thing that he did that was selfless or in anyway heroic. Wiping out mobsters so you can be the only mobster isn't about saving hells kitchen it's about being no 1. Its like believing the kkk were righteous in their actions against blax due to their claims they were doing God's work. Bad people will rationalize their actions by saying it's for the greater good all the time doesn't make it true

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
come on breh name one thing that he did that was selfless or in anyway heroic. Wiping out mobsters so you can be the only mobster isn't about saving hells kitchen it's about being no 1. Its like believing the kkk were righteous in their actions against blax due to their claims they were doing God's work. Bad people will rationalize their actions by saying it's for the greater good all the time doesn't make it true

No one said it was true. The fact is he believed his own hype in regard to doing it to make the city better but really the only person he was helping was himself. In the armored truck with the feds he let go of the lie he was telling himself to not have to deal with being like his father and just embraced the fact that he was a monster. Going forward there will be no inner conflict, just doing what he has to do.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Just finished. I didn't like him either, but for the sake of character development, origin, and the sharp turn he made at the end I'm going to continue to give him a chance.

The actor is clearly talented. Just not a fan of how the character was portrayed. Too awkward.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
I actually like this kingpin. Made you feel sorry and hate him at the same time...

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Can't wait until the next season.

Even when he killed Ben Urich Fisk was struggling with himself a little, like he almost didn't want to do it

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's not a casting problem it was clearly the direction. Him speaking Mandarin was cringe inducing.