Darkest Dungeon....

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Seen my brother play it for a bit and he was always going on about how tough it is and how you gotta manage status ailments and all sorts of other stuff. If it's out for consoles, I definitely will cop 'cause I've only heard and seen nice thigns about the mechanics and how much a challenge it is to keep everything smooth.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Game is unforgiving! My favorite turn-based joint in a long time though. It's rewarding to complete a dungeon run and upgrade your town. I do think that going in blind, I set myself up to fail a bit though. I'm gonna end up needing to cut some of my most upgraded cats because they've developed negative quirks that I can't cure. I'm just making runs with them to load up on cash and be ready to literally build my whole crew up from scratch after.

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
Game is unforgiving! My favorite turn-based joint in a long time though. It's rewarding to complete a dungeon run and upgrade your town. I do think that going in blind, I set myself up to fail a bit though. I'm gonna end up needing to cut some of my most upgraded cats because they've developed negative quirks that I can't cure. I'm just making runs with them to load up on cash and be ready to literally build my whole crew up from scratch after.

Played Xcom 2?​

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man this game is tough already on week 3 and lost two members. I doubt I will use the option to name warriors because I do not want to get attached :to:

I don’t wanna go into too much but naming my characters led to some really cool moments but it also makes the slow transition to becoming a CEO that sees nothing but faceless employees really crazy.

The game puts you in a mindset where efficiency and the bottom line is so important so you start viewing characters as “What they do” or their role. When they aren’t good at their role anymore, you replace them even though they’re dealing with debilitating conditions.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man this game is tough already on week 3 and lost two members. I doubt I will use the option to name warriors because I do not want to get attached :to:

I don’t wanna go into too much but naming my characters led to some really cool moments but it also makes the slow transition to becoming a CEO that sees nothing but faceless employees really crazy.

The game puts you in a mindset where efficiency and the bottom line is so important so you start viewing characters as “What they do” or their role. When they aren’t good at their role anymore, you replace them even though they’re dealing with debilitating conditions.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps

But don't they have a place to "heal" your characters from debilitating conditions? The only reason I messed up so badly is because my healer got stressed out early so I had to do a mission without her. That's what led to two of my characters dying. I expect things to go more smoothly once I established a roster of characters. Hopefully...:lupe:

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
KBXG.gif

Man this game is unforgiving and I am only playing it on "normal" I lost 3 of my best heroes trying to square up against an apprentice necromancer.

Then I noticed I unlocked mad achievements by fukking up :russ:

I am going to have to take a break and read up on this game before my next attempt.

Last edited:

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
But don't they have a place to "heal" your characters from debilitating conditions? The only reason I messed up so badly is because my healer got stressed out early so I had to do a mission without her. That's what led to two of my characters dying. I expect things to go more smoothly once I established a roster of characters. Hopefully...:lupe:
It definitely gets more manageable when you get a lil roster going. And yea it helps to start a new game once you get the hang of it.

I never did finish it. Would like to go back to it some day.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I was considering getting this because I love Desktop Dungeons- another rogue like. I did hear DD is brutally unfair at times tho.:lupe: