Dave Chappelle - Netflix Stand-Up (Official Thread)

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Chris Rock does not use writers for his stand up. When people say they used to write for Chris, they mean The Chris Rock Show on HBO.
I think what I was thinking of is that Rock hires a group of comics to watch him before he does a special and give him taglines to punch his bits up, which is obviously much different then using writers. I didn't mean to slander the gawd. I was actually upset about this so I'm actually glad you made me look into it more. I swear I heard it on a podcast from another comedian so I just assumed it was true.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
Just finished the first, and the opening was really strong, but everything started getting slow at about twenty minutes in. Rape is not funny and all the jokes that revolved around it felt forced. He was always able to save the jokes by finishing out with an unrelated punchline though.

Haven't gotten the second one yet.

So nikkas can joke about slavery, racism and the white supremacy that has led to millions of black deaths but not rape? :mjpls:
:camby:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think what I was thinking of is that Rock hires a group of comics to watch him before he does a special and give him taglines to punch his bits up, which is obviously much different then using writers. I didn't mean to slander the gawd. I was actually upset about this so I'm actually glad you made me look into it more. I swear I heard it on a podcast from another comedian so I just assumed it was true.

All Comedians give each other tags all the time when they are working out material.

I think what you are referring to is he does hire comedians to punch up his scripts and give him ideas for when he has to host something like the Oscar. He has admitted to this and this is no big deal as its part of the business.

But he claims he writes all his stand up and I take him at his word.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
All Comedians give each other tags all the time when they are working out material.

I think what you are referring to is he does hire comedians to punch up his scripts and give him ideas for when he has to host something like the Oscar. He has admitted to this and this is no big deal as its part of the business.

I always heard he had a team of writers

I never fukked with dude though

He corny as shyt and his voice mad annoying

Plus he's the dumb ass responsible for racist white people favorite line "there's a difference between a nikka and black people"

I bet you one of his white writers wrote that joke

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always heard he had a team of writers

I never fukked with dude though

He corny as shyt and his voice mad annoying

Plus he's the dumb ass responsible for racist white people favorite line "there's a difference between a nikka and black people"

I bet you one of his white writers wrote that joke

That's one of the funniest bits in comedy history. And if you ever watched Bring The Pain, which in my opinion is the best Stand Up hour of all time, you would know his audience was 95% black.

But maybe you are just a delicate snow flake in need of a safe space.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

lmao! that's amazing.

yeah. I don't mind/look down on comedians helping him punch his shyt up/giving him tag lines cuz as you said that's commonplace for every comedian. I've always loved Rock so I'm happy I was wrong.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Also for those wondering why netflix would release them at the same time is to test the waters for a 3rd. Different tone on each for that reason.

Don't underestimate The GOAT. This could very well be a test to see what people want to see more of for a future project.

I like the first one more.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
He's still got it. It'll take a little while to get settled back into the sort of roll he was on in 2004 though. That shyt about the homeless dude beating off on the bus still kills me.
That's his best stand-up and might never be topped. Ja Rule, white people food and the bus story are all gold.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's his best stand-up and might never be topped. Ja Rule, white people food and the bus story are all gold.

He was on one in that special.

"Do you know how hard it is to catch a monkey...and fukk it?...it'll rip your dikk off like a celery stalk, throw it in tall grass never to be found again!!"

"How old is 15 really?" Was like 10 minutes of pure genius.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Liked both of them but the first one was a bit funnier. Im betting he nails it with his next special.