Dave Chappelle - Netflix Stand-Up (Official Thread)

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
I liked the 2nd one better. It was dirty-er. The first one looked forced in parts with all the gay, trans, etc positivity. It looked like tumblr sjw.

Idk, maybe I was expecting too much from the return of the GOAT so I'll say they are OK.

Def waiting on the next one.

Loop Ba$eCrawler

All Star
Daps
I liked the 2nd one better. It was dirty-er. The first one looked forced in parts with all the gay, trans, etc positivity. It looked like tumblr sjw.

Idk, maybe I was expecting too much from the return of the GOAT so I'll say they are OK.

Def waiting on the next one.
I watched both a second time and the first was a lot funnier on the second viewing.

TH29

Rookie
Daps
I thought both were great, but I definitely think the 2nd one was funnier. I laughed out loud through both of them though. Chapelle still got it.

Last edited:

TillWeDie

All Star
Daps
In New Orleans. Chris is currently on his Blackout tour. Jeff Ross and Eric Andre opened. Then a 20 minute intermission. Then the lights went down and Chris Rock logo appeared but Chappelle came out and the crowd went nuts. Chappelle did a bit solo for about 20 minutes then Rock came onstage and they performed together the next hour and a half. It was awesome. Chappelle was making jokes on all the people mad at his Netflix special. Especially the white women feminists and he even called them out again saying their struggle ain't shyt to black people struggle much less black women struggle. White women and few white men in the crowd were quiet at that part. I was dying laughing and clapping. No fukks given. I wish I coulda had my phone to take pics but of course, you can't bring your phones in, Rock even joked saying "Bet you motherfukkas wish y'all had ya phones huh?!"

Our local papers covered it
Dave Chappelle surprise co-stars in Chris Rock's 1st night in New Orleans

Chris Rock's surprise duet with Dave Chappelle at New Orleans' Saenger: 'Y'all got a weird show'
damn, that sounds like an incredible moment as a comedy fan

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's definitely not the same anymore, but they were still funny to me.

You have to understand that Chappelle was in his comedic prime before he left. That's like Seinfeld/Larry David ending Seinfeld after like season 3 of the show, Martin not going through his run etc. It's going to be very hard to reach that peak he was on back then and once that is gone...it's gone. Chappelle is in his 40's now, rich and with a family living in a small town in Ohio. He is a different person.
He's still got it. It'll take a little while to get settled back into the sort of roll he was on in 2004 though. That shyt about the homeless dude beating off on the bus still kills me.

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That 2nd seem to be filled with so many old topics. It was cool, but no way better than the 1st one
The second one was done in 2015. Also its really hard to have a stand up special not be a little dated these days because information oomes and goes so fast.

Might as well focus on whatever topic you touch being funny above all

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
The second one was done in 2015. Also its really hard to have a stand up special not be a little dated these days because information oomes and goes so fast.

Might as well focus on whatever topic you touch being funny above all
Why did they sit on it that long damn:scust:

If it came out at that time it prolly would been way funnier to me. Heard too many Ray Rice & Donald Sterling jokes. And what I am about to say right is gonna hurt being I'm a Stan. A 50 cent reference in 2017 stand up is very:flabbynsick:

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why did they sit on it that long damn:scust:

If it came out at that time it prolly would been way funnier to me. Heard too many Ray Rice & Donald Sterling jokes. And what I am about to say right is gonna hurt being I'm a Stan. A 50 cent reference in 2017 stand up is very:flabbynsick:
Funny is funny :manny: