Dave Chappelle - Netflix Stand-Up (Official Thread)

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Finished the second. I liked them both. They were nothing great, but I got a good amount of laughs. Solid shows nonetheless. :obama:

How many specials/episodes are they doing? Any word on the next drop?

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
"My girl came up and said I love you,
I said I know bytch, I love you too,
She said you do?
I said YEAH!!! Flip ova bytch........BAM, BAM, BAM, BAM..."

Why youtube cut the 2 Live Crew diss?:pachaha:

Crazy how time be flyin, been watchin this fool since I was 16:flabbynsick:. Good to see bruh back with the specials, enjoyed both of em..

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Both of em were straight comedy. I always had Rock over him as far as straight up comedy, but I appreciate Chappelle's comedic mind more. With Chappelle you usually have no idea where he's going with the jokes or what angle plus he'll just slide some real deep shyt that can be easily missed if you ain't paying close attention.

Loved both specials. Of course the set up to the Cosby closing joke was brilliant. A throwaway bit that seemed to fall flat then hitting with that closer is a killer. That line about white women being part of the heist and being mad about their cut. Great shyt.

More than anything just looking like he's having fun up there. I know some hate his pause to laugh at his own joke but to me gives off the impression of him just having fun with it and appreciating some clever shyt.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
Just finished the first, and the opening was really strong, but everything started getting slow at about twenty minutes in. Rape is not funny and all the jokes that revolved around it felt forced. He was always able to save the jokes by finishing out with an unrelated punchline though.

Haven't gotten the second one yet.

Everything is funny unless it's not

killacal

Banned
Daps
I tried to watch this...but it was a 'NO' for me. :huhldup:

I was really rooting for Dave and looking forward to this but :beli:. None of the jokes hit and it didn't grab my attention. Walked in and out the room and never once bothered to press "pause" or "rewind". I ended up turning off my TV about 10 minutes into the second episode.

It's always sad when people who were once great get :flabbynsick:
Be a dumb bytch with add :francis::mjlol:

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I guess I'm in a very small minority here, but I liked the first episode way more than the 2nd. Raunchier isn't always funnier.

The good people of Detroit are never getting their fukking money back.:blessed:

I agree. I thought the second one while funny was still a bit crude for my liking. The Age of Spin was brilliant though.

Yung Roca

Rookie
Daps
You could tell man was uncomfortable and dying for a smoke in the first one. kept sniffing his fingers n sh*t:ld: