DAVE CHAPPELLE: The Dreamer Comedy Special (Official Discussion) (Netflix, Out Now)

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Current Dave I don't see it. Killin em softly Dave was superb at storytelling. But today's dave just doesn't have the same imagination. A lot of his comedy today just comes off pretentious.

You have the third most posts in here about a comedian you don’t even like anymore. This shyt has to be personal with you for whatever reason.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
You have the third most posts in here about a comedian you don’t even like anymore. This shyt has to be personal with you for whatever reason.
Oh damn you got me. I'm a tranny :mjlol:

I got 7 posts. And 2 of those might be about Dave. The rest are recommending another comedian I thought people might like. It's hilarious how sensitive some of y'all get when people don't enjoy something as much as you do. Truth really does hurt I guess :yeshrug:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Current Dave I don't see it. Killin em softly Dave was superb at storytelling. But today's dave just doesn't have the same imagination. A lot of his comedy today just comes off pretentious.

Not gonna shyt on your opinion but just skimming through KES to remember the best storytelling moments...I'm trying to figure out how you came to that conclusion.

Seems like what you're saying is less about his ABILITY to tell a story, which I think has improved signifigantly, and more so about the content of those stories.

In no way was he more 'superb' at storytelling back then. Wether you wanna get into silly shyt like kick her in the p*ssy or the more sobering bits, the world has changed and the stuff he is saying actually is more 'important' than black babies hanging out at 3am to sell crack lol.

As funny as it was, people who want him to go back to The Chappelle show or bits like that trip me the fukk out.

Last edited:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm probably an outlier but I didn't even find Dave's stand-up specials that funny until his second run. Loved Chappelle Show but his first couple (pre-2017) stand-ups were just ok to me. I guess I just prefer his style since he came back:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh damn you got me. I'm a tranny :mjlol:

I got 7 posts. And 2 of those might be about Dave. The rest are recommending another comedian I thought people might like. It's hilarious how sensitive some of y'all get when people don't enjoy something as much as you do. Truth really does hurt I guess :yeshrug:

Im saying spending so much time shytting on something you supposedly don’t enjoy in the first place is weirdo behavior or you have an axe to grind.

I guarantee you I would not have the 3rd most posts in a thread about Young Thug’s latest album.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Im saying spending so much time shytting on something you supposedly don’t enjoy in the first place is weirdo behavior or you have an axe to grind.

I guarantee you I would not have the 3rd most posts in a thread about Young Thug’s latest album.
I got 8 posts in this bytch out of 160:heh:......I responded cause somebody responded to me. You acting like I'm in here every hour talking shyt :mjlol:....you're just being sensitive. I'm a comedy fan. Prolly on a deeper level than most people on the forum. So if I gotta use a Chapelle thread to put people onto a great unknown comic then I'ma do that. And a few people appreciated the recommendation.

But this is the whole purpose of a message board. It's about discussion. DEBATE. disagreement. Not to be on here riding dikk all day. But some of y'all can't take any type of criticism on your favorite artists. You act like you're related to these muthafukkers:hhh:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got 8 posts in this bytch out of 160:heh:......I responded cause somebody responded to me. You acting like I'm in here every hour talking shyt :mjlol:....you're just being sensitive. I'm a comedy fan. Prolly on a deeper level than most people on the forum. So if I gotta use a Chapelle thread to put people onto a great unknown comic then I'ma do that. And a few people appreciated the recommendation.

But this is the whole purpose of a message board. It's about discussion. DEBATE. disagreement. Not to be on here riding dikk all day. But some of y'all can't take any type of criticism on your favorite artists. You act like you're related to these muthafukkers:hhh:

You now have the second most posts in a thread of someone you don’t even like.

This is not weirdo behavior at all.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Not gonna shyt on your opinion but just skimming through KES to remember the best storytelling moments...I'm trying to figure out how you came to that conclusion.

Seems like what you're saying is less about his ABILITY to tell a story, which I think has improved signifigantly, and more so about the content of those stories.

In no way was he more 'superb' at storytelling back then. Wether you wanna get into silly shyt like kick her in the p*ssy or the more sobering bits, the world has changed and the stuff he is saying actually is more 'important' than black babies hanging out at 3am to sell crack lol.

As funny as it was, people who want him to go back to The Chappelle show or bits like that trip me the fukk out.

At the end of the day he's still just a comedian. And I judge comedians based on how much I laugh. Period. I don't really care about the "importance" of what they're saying as long as they're making me laugh. And Dave just doesn't make me laugh much anymore.

The babies selling crack bit is legendary. And to me that is also important. Because it's making humor out of a very real and serious issue. Which is what comedy is all about. When you go to the hood you do see a lot of wild shyt. You will see babies walking around with no supervision. That wasn't Dave mocking hood life. It was Dave shedding light on a very depressing reality but doing it in a hilarious way. That's what made him so great. It was creative. Imaginative. And he just doesn't have that same imagination anymore.

And I still liked a few of his specials in recent years. Even some of the serious stuff. It's not even about the serious tone. It's about laughs. Even the goofy shyt he does is just not that funny. His punchlines aren't that good. His buildups aren't that good. I'm talking just all around, he's not half the comedian he used to be. Whether he's being serious or not. Like I said. Some of the jokes are comic view level bad. And not even top tier comic view.

But it's ok. Dave gave us a lot of great material. It's ok for older artists to fall off. Ghostface and common are probably my two GOATS but I'm not gonna pretend they're still in their primes. Dave said it himself in this very special. As long as he's making 4 people laugh that's good enough for him. He literally told us he doesn't care much anymore about being the best anymore.