Albums Dave East - Paranoia: A True Story (Discussion Thread)

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
What didn't you get.
You said Dave East has nothing to say and don't stand for nothing. You clearly don't listen and you hating blindly. On his last project he had a song where he talks about his experience in the hood and with police brutality from childhood to adulthood, using voice alteration to sound like his adolescent self.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
You said Dave East has nothing to say and don't stand for nothing. You clearly don't listen and you hating blindly. On his last project he had a song where he talks about his experience in the hood and with police brutality from childhood to adulthood, using voice alteration to sound like his adolescent self.

:russell:

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
You said he had no message. The guy posted an example and it's still nothing? What is a change of industry execs going to do?
dMZFAkP.png
Erm...
  1. Invest in better talent.
  2. Invest in better production.
  3. Stop letting artists like Lil Boat, G-Eazy, Macklemore, Riff Raff, Gucci Mane, Young Thug and Lil Uzi faq etc through the doors to water down Hip-Hop. This culture is turning into Disco and we know how that ended with the CACs and c00ns running the asylum.
  4. Investing in not just artists but superstars actually capable of progressing the culture forward like 2Pac, Rakim, Nas, 50 Cent, DMX, Cam'ron, Run DMC, Beastie Boys, Big Pun, Big L, Noreaga, Mobb Deep, Snoop Dogg, DPG, LBC Crew, Eminem, Lauryn Hill, Missy Elliott, Biggie, Jay-Z, Kendrick Lamar, Drake, Big Daddy Kane, Wu-Tang Clan etc.
Like I said he's not a shyt artist he just does nothing new, he's like the industry tried to clone a great rapper but when his cloning process was finished we were left with a bland nobody without substance that evokes no emotions or thoughts - it feels like he's just saying words without meaning to me (I'm entitled to my opinion - we can agree to disagree you know). The same goes for J. Cole both specializing at the finest boring snooze rap imaginable.

There's a reason why no one buys music today in all genres not just Hip-Hop that same thing is happening industry-wide the record labels have become PC and tight with their money and so they care less about what they're investing in because there is now less risk in developing an artist into what they should become.

With that said, Dave East is mediocre at best, he'll be the new Papoose or Saigon in 5 years.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
dMZFAkP.png
Erm...
  1. Invest in better talent.
  2. Invest in better production.
  3. Stop letting artists like Lil Boat, G-Eazy, Macklemore, Riff Raff, Gucci Mane, Young Thug and Lil Uzi faq etc through the doors to water down Hip-Hop. This culture is turning into Disco and we know how that ended with the CACs and c00ns running the asylum.
  4. Investing in not just artists but superstars actually capable of progressing the culture forward like 2Pac, Rakim, Nas, 50 Cent, DMX, Cam'ron, Run DMC, Beastie Boys, Big Pun, Big L, Noreaga, Mobb Deep, Snoop Dogg, DPG, LBC Crew, Eminem, Lauryn Hill, Missy Elliott, Biggie, Jay-Z, Kendrick Lamar, Drake, Big Daddy Kane, Wu-Tang Clan etc.
Like I said he's not a shyt artist he just does nothing new, he's like the industry tried to clone a great rapper but when his cloning process was finished we were left with a bland nobody without substance that evokes no emotions or thoughts - it feels like he's just saying words without meaning to me (I'm entitled to my opinion - we can agree to disagree you know). The same goes for J. Cole both specializing at the finest boring snooze rap imaginable.

There's a reason why no one buys music today in all genres not just Hip-Hop that same thing is happening industry-wide the record labels have become PC and tight with their money and so they care less about what they're investing in because there is now less risk in developing an artist into what they should become.

With that said, Dave East is mediocre at best, he'll be the new Papoose or Saigon in 5 years.
Another :mjcry: bring the 90's back ass nikka :mjlol: