Albums Dave East - Paranoia: A True Story (Discussion Thread)

LevelUp

Don't Like My Threads, Blow The Whistle
Daps
Was listening to the other album.

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps
Don't want it. There's too much mediocre talent nowadays. Just because he represents that old NY tradition doesn't mean he should be lauded as a great artist. He, like his peers this generation with the exception of a few like Drake and Kendrick are mediocre at best. Dave East isn't a wack rapper by any means but he has nothing to say, no message, stands for nothing, no charisma, his buzz feels manufactured too much. We need an overhaul of industry execs.

:martin:

Dave is the future:blessed:

:umad:

straightcash

All Star
Daps
dMZFAkP.png
Erm...
  1. Invest in better talent.
  2. Invest in better production.
  3. Stop letting artists like Lil Boat, G-Eazy, Macklemore, Riff Raff, Gucci Mane, Young Thug and Lil Uzi faq etc through the doors to water down Hip-Hop. This culture is turning into Disco and we know how that ended with the CACs and c00ns running the asylum.
  4. Investing in not just artists but superstars actually capable of progressing the culture forward like 2Pac, Rakim, Nas, 50 Cent, DMX, Cam'ron, Run DMC, Beastie Boys, Big Pun, Big L, Noreaga, Mobb Deep, Snoop Dogg, DPG, LBC Crew, Eminem, Lauryn Hill, Missy Elliott, Biggie, Jay-Z, Kendrick Lamar, Drake, Big Daddy Kane, Wu-Tang Clan etc.
Like I said he's not a shyt artist he just does nothing new, he's like the industry tried to clone a great rapper but when his cloning process was finished we were left with a bland nobody without substance that evokes no emotions or thoughts - it feels like he's just saying words without meaning to me (I'm entitled to my opinion - we can agree to disagree you know). The same goes for J. Cole both specializing at the finest boring snooze rap imaginable.

There's a reason why no one buys music today in all genres not just Hip-Hop that same thing is happening industry-wide the record labels have become PC and tight with their money and so they care less about what they're investing in because there is now less risk in developing an artist into what they should become.

With that said, Dave East is mediocre at best, he'll be the new Papoose or Saigon in 5 years.

You gotta give gim a chance bro, I know i did. And that was just recently. I find him much more appealing than no damn J Cole, Chance or Kendrick.