David Banner: "We're Breeding A Generation Of Spineless Zombies"

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
This was a dope video he made a lot of valid points. I hate the obsession that we as black people have with turn-up/ rachet culture. Its all people want to see and if you promote something else its seen as fake/hating by our young folks. :snoop:
Yup or "boring" who's fault is it though? Who is going to fix it?

The leaders of the new school need to step up.

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This brother is speaking the truth just look at this section nikkas(that conditioning) i just said that word without a thought.Dudes always co-signing bullshyt when they know it's bullshyt is a scary sight:lupe:

Everybody laughed at the Wu when they was calling themselves god:youngsabo:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing that i damn near clapped at when he said it was when he spoke about black folk trading in their culture to assimilate and getting nothing positive from it. Its something that's really obvious, but is never spoken about. Why do you think that is brah?

We don't put much value on the things we create until unfortunately the White world validates it. And to me that starts with the way we view ourselves within the context of the particular societies we live in.

And more importantly we can't seem to sustain a system which allows to consistently control the things we create, and actually make it beneficial for us on every level.

Deep down Black folks we want to accepted, we want to be part of the so-called mainstream, and reap all the rewards from it. But at some point as a collective we have to start understanding, that in this system. It's not possible for us to assimilate, without essentially fukking over ourselves in the long run.

Because assimilation for us is essentially handing over the keys to someone else.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I like how Banner has grown and matured, its a good example of how we have a responsibility to grow as men, no matter who we are at a young age...
This. But you leave to lsa and they'll bring up what he used to do. I got pissed about the last thread on him & never commented because I love how he's matured himself. He's about positivity and uplifting black people now. & trying to help us stay off a path of deconstruction. He ain't about demeaning black women anymore. @Regine Hunter & I share that man.