Davontae Sanford, Wrongly Convicted of 4 Murders at Age 14, to Be Freed

Daps
the Detroit police system is the absolute WORST in the country. They are LONG over due for somebody to get to busting on them. That's why when the guy got to :bustback:in the precinct some years back NOBODY felt any remorse for them

None , when I was upstate man so many cats was locked up innocent or for bogus ass reasons bruh,MDOC and all the county policies in Michigan are fukking worthless

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
At this point, it doesn't even matter that he's being released; the damage is done.

Yea I remember the video somewhere of him crying because he was half blind, slow and young in a adult prison. The older inmates were preying on him. His moms was begging to get him out because she thought he might be killed.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Yea I remember the video somewhere of him crying because he was half blind, slow and young in a adult prison. The older inmates were preying on him. His moms was begging to get him out because she thought he might be killed.

Even without those issues...he's been institutionalized since before he was an adult; how is he supposed to adjust to life
on the outside?

They fucced his life off...he might be better off just staying locked up, because they ain't got chit for him out here...

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Hope breh gets broken off millions for those lost years
Pleading guilty to 4 murders :usure:
Even if u did it u better off taking your chances in court u not getting off light either way

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Details...sounds like u got a platinum thread

I've talked about it before, i don't want to derail the thread though

I was almost railroaded before, fortunately the jury found me innocent. This is why I tell everyone I can to take jury summons seriously.

It's not just cops that are fukked up, the entire system is rotten to the core.

My house was raided because my fingerprint looked like a partial print that was found at a crime scene. Guns, money, laptops and jewelry were stolen from a cop's house, two of the guns were later recovered with one of them being used in a murder.

They initially looked for me at my mom's because that's the address I had on my license. She was recently diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and they treated her very badly. When I was arrested at my house, it was while I was watching my daughter and studying for a midterm. I was placed on my lawn and cuffed at gunpoint wearing just a pair of boxers in front of my entire neighborhood while they searched my house with my daughter inside.

I cooperated because I knew I was innocent and they never said anything about me being under arrest initially. When I asked to see the object that my supposed print was found on, the detectives refused to show me. They told me they were going to put me in a holding cell for a few hours while they got somebody to perform a polygraph on me.

Those hours turned into days and being transferred to a whole different jail. When I went before the judge to ask for a bail reduction (from $110k) or to be released on my own recognizance, I was denied on both requests. My public defender at the time asked why, since only a single, small partial print was found at the scene. The judge replied that the report he had sitting in front of him stated that my prints were found all over the residence.

When I was being interrogated they told me they narrowed it down to a week's time period and that I needed to have an alibi for all seven days. We ended up hiring our own private detective later on and he was able to narrow it down to the night that it happened with and eight hour window just by interviewing one neighbor. The night that it happened was the night before I got married.

About a year into it, we invoked my right to a speedy trial, and we were told that the prosecution's case wasn't ready :stopitslime:

Long story short, two years later the case went forward, and I was found innocent after two weeks of trial and two days of deliberation. The prosecuter that got stuck with the case was a rookie black guy that obviously didn't want to take it in the first place. Luckily the judge we had for the trial was a cool black lady that could tell what was going on and she helped us out quite often.

The cancer had spread from my mom's lungs to her brain shortly before the trail started and she passed away not too long after I beat the case.

I assume the cops figured we couldn't afford to fight the case financially or emotionally, which is probably why they went out of their way to pin it on me despite having such a weak case. It's disgusting how they tried to stack the odds in their favor with the week long alibi window, fake polygraph holding cell BS, and having the judge deny my basil reduction. On top of that, what the hell were cops doing investigating their own? We almost exhausted my mom's savings fighting the case and I really feel for those that do not have the money to do so, which I'm sure is the case more often than not. I was raised never to trust the system and this really cemented it for me as well as opened my eyes to how truly sick, twisted, and shady it can be.

Lessons learned: Never talk without a lawyer under ANY pretense and take jury duty seriously because otherwise you're leaving your brother's fates up to a bunch of cacs.

Daps
HE BETTER GET A BIG PAYOUT!

Criminal courts don't care.. as long as a "killer" is found and convicted, it's case closed to them!

Bruh.

They passed the law for Michigan Exonerees to get 50k for every year they were wrongly incarcerated.

But he'd have to file a civil suit and hope he wins in order to get big money.

Which if he did he would surely win.

Only problem is he has to sue Wayne county,unfortunately they have no money,Detroit is broke.