DC's "Black Adam" (Oct. 21, 2022)

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
So is this not worth watching on HBO Max?
Well, as i have maintained since opening night, its a terrible film. The director should be brought up on charges for even getting near the camera. The story is nonsense. Filled with plot holes and the most charismatic man in hollywood has no charisma. This feels like a film made in 2005. OG Daredevil is better.

That being said, i saw it three times in theaters and just watched on hbo max cause for some reason its still fun as hell to me. Just shut off your mind.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Just finished it, shyt was very entertaining to me. :yeshrug:

Full disclosure…I don’t watch many comic book movies and knew NOTHING about the main character or the supporting characters going in.

Some of the shyt was over the top but in an entertaining way (the devil dude getting split in half :mjlol:, zombies).

I mean…I don’t really know what else to say other than I enjoyed it.

What was the story behind the characters destroying other DC characters posters and shyt during the fights? :dahell:Again, I haven’t watched any of the other films…

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Just finished it, shyt was very entertaining to me. :yeshrug:

Full disclosure…I don’t watch many comic book movies and knew NOTHING about the main character or the supporting characters going in.

Some of the shyt was over the top but in an entertaining way (the devil dude getting split in half :mjlol:, zombies).

I mean…I don’t really know what else to say other than I enjoyed it.

What was the story behind the characters destroying other DC characters posters and shyt during the fights? :dahell:Again, I haven’t watched any of the other films…
Just trolling a bit and showing they exist in the same universe.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Idk, I think Rock was just lying :manny:
Or the passion part was referring to him getting his own superhero franchise, not being passionate about the source material :jbhmm:
The fact that he refused to cameo in Shazam and didnt want to fight him tells me he has no respect for the comics/property. I saw others say that BA is Shazam's main villain not Superman.

That's what it's always been about imo. I recall he was trying his damndest to get on that wave a decade ago with other characters.

- 2013, Rock was tweeting Kevin Feige campaigning for a Luke Cage role
- 2014, Rock was tweeting #JohnStewartwouldwhoopSuperman'sass amid rumors he was being considered for Green Lantern

I also recall some of the (black?) twitter backlash about casting a racially ambiguous Dwayne to play these characters. Not too long later, there was the pivot to Black Adam... which probably seemed like the ideal casting look-wise and power set. Tho he may not have gone the extra mile like Chadwick did working on an accent and other nuances.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
This shyt was dry as fukk :mjlol: can’t believe I sat thru 2 hours of this trash

Daps
great fukking movie…would’ve loved to see this in theaters...still precautious about being in closed spaces with large groups of ppl tho

was not really into DC growing up when I was into comics but I’m still familiar with a lot of characters by name and face…can anyone suggest any black adam comics or graphic novels to read?

I’ll probably google some shyt too

:salute:

I thought I was the only breh still staying out of covid hotbed theaters ever since @humminbird started back going.

I felt like a man alone on an island:wow:

Daps
:pachaha:..Had people looking at Vin and Tyrese crazy.

I hate to say it cause I don't like seeing a brotha take the L to those cacs at DC and HBO... but Rock tried to basically strong-arm the Fast franchise right out from under its stars who were there longer than him. His Hobbs movie was what delayed Fast 9 and had Tyrese in tears cause he couldn't pay his bills without that check. It’s starting to look like this is a pattern with Dwayne.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I finally watched this. I expected it to be mid but shyt was flames for a DC movie.

I had seen a few people saying it was better than Wakanda Forever but after seeing both, I might agree.

Sucks that DC is such a clusterfukk that they won’t tie it to other films. My wife was asking me hella questions during the movie and I was like :yeshrug: because they did a shytty job even tying this to Shazam, let alone other DC films

Last edited:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Because people dont care about Black Adam and The Rock made sure they didnt tie it in directly to Shazam.

Oh he did? That was dumb af of him. Shazam was a pretty popular movie and would have added to the success of this one. Black Adam ain’t popular enough for people to go see it without some sort of tie-in.