DC's "Black Adam" (Oct. 21, 2022)

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Realistically who else can play Black Adam besides The Rock
:jbhmm:
For ppl who like comic book BA?.......Anyone probably. Seems Rock's version wasnt faithful to the comic version to some. I know some didnt like that BA didnt have his haircut. I'm sure whoever they get for the role next wont mind rocking the hair for it. Gunn seems like he likes more faithful adaptions too.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Rock did some dumb things.
He forced the Henry Cavill Superman thing, upsetting some WB execs.
He leaked the Black Adam financials with misleading info, upsetting WB execs
He unfollowed WB/Black Adam social media accounts, fueling fire that him and WB are on the outs
Black Adam bombed

So this is bascially saying him and Gunn/WB are on good terms and will still be Black Adam. Note that he says BA isnt in Gunn's first chapter. Assuming by chapter he means first batch of movies, he not seeing black adam in a cameo for a long ass time. Probably at least til like 2028-30

Breh they're rebooting which of course means Black Adam is going to be written out.

The Rock knows this and is just being graceful about it.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I checked in on this thread when the movie was first released and the commentary got me hyped to watch this. Finally watched it and I was completely underwhelmed. Should have known better than to trust thecoli first reactions. Rock was horrible in this.

You've been on here long enough to know ANY coli recommendation should be taken with a large dose of scepticism :russ:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I liked it after finally watching it, I knew people online was shytting on it because it became a trend to hate it.

IT HAS AN 88% AUDIENCE RT...

MOST OF THE FANS fukk WITH IT...

TROLLS WENT OVERBOARD
ONCE IT BECAME APPARENT
GUNN WAS GETTING RID OF IT.

:devil:
:evil:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For ppl who like comic book BA?.......Anyone probably. Seems Rock's version wasnt faithful to the comic version to some. I know some didnt like that BA didnt have his haircut. I'm sure whoever they get for the role next wont mind rocking the hair for it. Gunn seems like he likes more faithful adaptions too.

The crazy thing is Rock claims BA is a passion project, one he has spent years cultivating yet what ended up on screen looks like a cheap comic book wave cash-in

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
The crazy thing is Rock claims BA is a passion project, one he has spent years cultivating yet what ended up on screen looks like a cheap comic book wave cash-in
Idk, I think Rock was just lying :manny:
Or the passion part was referring to him getting his own superhero franchise, not being passionate about the source material :jbhmm:
The fact that he refused to cameo in Shazam and didnt want to fight him tells me he has no respect for the comics/property. I saw others say that BA is Shazam's main villain not Superman.