DC's "Black Adam" (Oct. 21, 2022)

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Also, why would they send the B-team to go and handle him? Shazam watching the news and decided to sit this one out? Superman seeing someone with similar powers & abilities and decided to chill back? :mjlol:
To be fair this is an issue for ALL comic book movies.

Where the hell are the Avengers for 70% of the potential world ending fukkery that happens in every other Marvel movie or tv show?

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Finally watched this.

Exactly the type of movie you get from the Rock. Basically the Rock cosplaying a superhero fukking dudes up. It was entertaining for what it was. Certainly not the Black Adam portrayal I'm used to in the comics or in the animated series.

I thought Dr. Fate was the best portrayed character.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Finally watched this.

Exactly the type of movie you get from the Rock. Basically the Rock cosplaying a superhero fukking dudes up. It was entertaining for what it was. Certainly not the Black Adam portrayal I'm used to in the comics or in the animated series.

I thought Dr. Fate was the best portrayed character.

I’m starting to realize that might be the main issue detractors of the movie had…for me being extremely unfamiliar with black adam (outside of name/face recognition), this was a solid action movie but for those familiar with the comic, it seems like this really missed the mark and was just a generic superhero movie

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Oh he did? That was dumb af of him. Shazam was a pretty popular movie and would have added to the success of this one. Black Adam ain’t popular enough for people to go see it without some sort of tie-in.
Shazam vs Black Adam would have been must see. Sound like the Rock played himself, but if he can bounce back from the tooth fairy….

The conversation over this film is why I really don’t like going online to talk movies. It was a fun movie that didn‘t try to be more than what it was. Bronson killed it. (These comic book movies really need to stop killing their strongest characters.) It had a strong black male character in a star making role, and it didn’t shove gay shyt down our throats.

What else were you expecting while munching on a tub of popcorn?

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
To be fair this is an issue for ALL comic book movies.

Where the hell are the Avengers for 70% of the potential world ending fukkery that happens in every other Marvel movie or tv show?

While true, they don’t have the disconnect that Black Adam suffers from, which is being separated from a franchise/character he clearly belongs with.

You can’t make a movie with Magneto and proceed to remove ALL connections to the X-Men. You make a movie with Dr. Doom then the Fantastic 4 have to be somewhere.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
While true, they don’t have the disconnect that Black Adam suffers from, which is being separated from a franchise/character he clearly belongs with.

You can’t make a movie with Magneto and proceed to remove ALL connections to the X-Men. You make a movie with Dr. Doom then the Fantastic 4 have to be somewhere.
You say this while living in a world with two super successful Venom movies with no ties to Spider-Man and a billion dollar Joker movie with no connection to anything Batman.

:jbhmm:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
You say this while living in a world with two super successful Venom movies with no ties to Spider-Man and a billion dollar Joker movie with no connection to anything Batman.

You know what, you right.

Black Adam ain’t the Joker or Venom though. Those two already have been in movies featuring their protagonist counterpart.

Owen Reece

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I’m starting to realize that might be the main issue detractors of the movie had…for me being extremely unfamiliar with black adam (outside of name/face recognition), this was a solid action movie but for those familiar with the comic, it seems like this really missed the mark and was just a generic superhero movie
You have to have a balance. At least try to cater to the knowledgeable fan as well as the casual. Black Adam was...alright I guess...for the casual fan. For the fans that know Black Adam, it was a fukking abomination.

I guess, but they're leaving a ton of money on the table. Venom could've hit multi billion status if the fukking idiots at Sony made a Spider-Man/Venom/Carnage trilogy. I mean, how hard would it have been if we had Venom and Spidey teaming up to go after Carnage on some "Maximum Carnage" shyt? They own all the fukking IP's, so I have no idea why they DONT want to make money off of them...

Rn.

Supporter
Daps
Give yourself a bit more credit. You don't have to be familiar with the comics to recognize that the rock's version of Black Adam is a sterile, uninteresting, underwritten, poorly acted character