Dear Adrien Broner, Please stop trying to be Floyd Mayweather III

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Floyd doesnt have greater hand speed TODAY though and also by saying that Floyd doesn't stand and trade because he's smart enough not too, doesnt dispute my point that Broner is MORE willing to engage than Floyd is.

Another difference is that Adrien Broner throws more punches in bunches (combos) while Floyd is a "sniper" now.....he will throw 1 or MAYE 2 accurate shots at a time from behind his defensive guard for the majority of the round, because he's mostly a counter puncher whereas The Problem is an aggressive fighter. When's the last time we seen Floyd throw a 4, 5, 6 punch combo like Broner does?

Broner hasn't had to adjust yet, because he's destroying all fighters in his path. I think he can out-box, slug it out, walk his opponent down, or pick his opponent apart with counter punchers. He shows glimpses of all this in each of his fights. It's just that he's usually dominanting so we mainly see him walking his opponent down with his shoulder roll evading punches.

:heh: at calling Broner a c00n, because he's sure of his talents. That's just hater talk along with you saying you want him to get beat.

:umad: at Adrien "The Problem" Broner for? lol

3747931_o.gif
You won't see those combo's regularly from Broner either as the level of competition steps up. He hasn't fought the quality of fighters Floyd fought as this age either. I'm interested to see dudes journey though.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
You won't see those combo's regularly from Broner either as the level of competition steps up. He hasn't fought the quality of fighters Floyd fought as this age either. I'm interested to see dudes journey though.

I'm not trying to comparing them to each other...I'm trying to point out the major differences between the 2 fighters since everyone thinks he's just a Mayweather clone because of the arrogance and the defense, but that's pretty much all they have in common. They are 2 totally different fighters in reality.

I hope he doesnt take the Zab Judah road on this journey, you know, never being able to beat an elite fighter.

I used to be a Zab stan:snoop:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Floyd doesnt have greater hand speed TODAY though and also by saying that Floyd doesn't stand and trade because he's smart enough not too, doesnt dispute my point that Broner is MORE willing to engage than Floyd is.

Another difference is that Adrien Broner throws more punches in bunches (combos) while Floyd is a "sniper" now.....he will throw 1 or MAYE 2 accurate shots at a time from behind his defensive guard for the majority of the round, because he's mostly a counter puncher whereas The Problem is an aggressive fighter. When's the last time we seen Floyd throw a 4, 5, 6 punch combo like Broner does?

Broner hasn't had to adjust yet, because he's destroying all fighters in his path. I think he can out-box, slug it out, walk his opponent down, or pick his opponent apart with counter punchers. He shows glimpses of all this in each of his fights. It's just that he's usually dominanting so we mainly see him walking his opponent down with his shoulder roll evading punches.

:heh: at calling Broner a c00n, because he's sure of his talents. That's just hater talk along with you saying you want him to get beat.

:umad: at Adrien "The Problem" Broner for? lol

3747931_o.gif

Floyd threw combinations in featherweight and lightweight divisions. Go watch the Corrals fight. Floyd still has the upper hand on hand speed today.

We shall see just how versatile this kid is.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I'm not trying to comparing them to each other...I'm trying to point out the major differences between the 2 fighters since everyone thinks he's just a Mayweather clone because of the arrogance and the defense, but that's pretty much all they have in common. They are 2 totally different fighters in reality.

I hope he doesnt take the Zab Judah road on this journey, you know, never being able to beat an elite fighter.

I used to be a Zab stan:snoop:
Man fukk Zab. He was frustrating as hell to watch.

Everytime I thought dude was ready to turn the corner and become an elite, he'd go out and have a garbage fight and fukk everything up :smh:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
yall don't see the obvious similarities between these 2 at the same weights? Only diff is floyd D has always been off the chain

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm a fan of Broner but yeah out of the ring, I want im to get his own swag (that word urgh) he seems very Mayweatherish to me.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Strange thread because right after the fight...

WBC lightweight champion Adrien Broner (25-0, 21KOs) wants to put an end to the constant comparisons to pound-for-pound great Floyd Mayweather Jr. (43-0, 26KOs).

Broner is often compared to Mayweather. Broner fights in a similar but more aggressive style. They share the same manager, Al Haymon. And they are both flashy and outspoken. Last but certainly not least, they are both undefeated.

While Broner often admits that Mayweather was one of his inspirations, the 23-year-old fighter is looking to distance himself from his boyhood idol. Broner wants to establish his own name and build his own legacy, and not piggyback on the recognized brand of another boxer.

"I just want to stop the comparisons. Floyd is amazing. He's got his own legacy and I'm working on my own legacy. I don't ride on no one's wave. He has his own wave. Hopefully my wave be bigger and after this fight [with Antonio DeMarco] it probably is. [Mayweather] is a tremendous fighter, a world class fighter, the best of his era and I'm the best of my era," Broner said.

Broner: I Want To Stop The Mayweather Comparisons - Boxing News

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I guess floyd tried to act like james Toney then?

Matter of fact he is more James Toney then floyd. JT use to shyt on nikkas before and after fights. And he was great shyt talker. AB isnt great but he is good. Floyd shyt talking is corny and will leave you confused on wtf he is talking about. Plus duke is a cornball. He that nikka in the ring but he is a fukkin cornball. A smart dude in and out is OG Hop(who I cant stand).

Floyd fights off Smarts and Instinct. Broner fights off Talent. when he learns to adjust he really going to be a problem. But thats up to his trainer to show him different things.

mtu wa chuma

archangel of terror
Supporter
Daps
There's a reason why no ones checking for the heavyweight division anymore. Not because the klitschkos aren't good, but they've got no personality whatsoever. Compared to the alis and tysons these dudes are just dull. If boxing is to survive it needs dudes like adrien.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
My nikka:what:

a lot of fighters fight with their hands down.
I think he's talking about that plus the winding the arm back, showboating, etc.

As for Broner, we gotta understand that Floyd's been around long enough at this point where he's an inspiration to young fighters & also to trainers breeding fighters. Time flies.

I did notice he didn't do the hair brushing & crazy talk this time around there. He and his team must have learned from the last fight with the fake engagement that that's not the direction they wanna go in from a publicity standpoint.