Dear Adrien Broner, Please stop trying to be Floyd Mayweather III

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
people just annoyed that hes doing everything mayweather did post de la hoya fight without the hall of fame resume to go with it, it rubs people the wrong way, even black people. he just comes across like he has no home training.

Its not even that bad though. Why is this a problem when black fighters do it. Carl Froch is an arrogant prick but that shyt flies under the radar.

Ali talked his way to the top,even though he was arguably the GOAT. Floyd did it to get his name out there, now hes a "villian"

If he get his ass beat he can settle down...but what people dont realize is that negative press, is better than no press.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
:dwillhuh:

How the fukk can he Floyd etc when Floyd isn't even am original character. Let that boy cook, he's one of boxing's biggest rising stars so obviously someone thinks he has it.

Just out of curiosity name some rising stars who have "it"

That nikka wont answer that question lol

People acting like mayweather invented the cocky black athlete gimmick

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
Its not even that bad though. Why is this a problem when black fighters do it. Carl Froch is an arrogant prick but that shyt flies under the radar.

Ali talked his way to the top,even though he was arguably the GOAT. Floyd did it to get his name out there, now hes a "villian"

If he get his ass beat he can settle down...but what people dont realize is that negative press, is better than no press.

Carl Froch doesnt shuck and jive his way into the ring, he also speaks the queens english, the perception is different, its similar to the way someone like chris eubank would trash an opponent. ali was hated far worse than floyd and was far more a villain, especially when he didint go to vietnam.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Great talent, needs to fight someone who will actually give him a fight tho, but when he is making people look bad its kind of hard. As for his persona, he does seem humble aand likeable and says the right things in the build up to fights, but when he tries to show off his charisma/personality it seems more forced than natural and comes across as a look at me type breh.

Cole Cash

Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
That nikka wont answer that question lol

People acting like mayweather invented the cocky black athlete gimmick

he didint, but hes the most recent boxer that comes to mind, also, i aint gonna lie, alot of his mannerisms are straight out of the mayweather playbook, doing an about face in the ring, using the jab to paw and measure an opponent before throwing a short left hook etc. even some of his facil expressions.

he doesnt have mayweathers pedigree on the inside, nor does he give fighters different looks every round, mayweather doesnt use that shoulder roll exclusively, its just one stance out of many he uses, when you look at broner he does use a similar style, sort of in the vain of how rafeal and juan manuel marquez use similar styles. but like i said, broner is nowhere near as polished and at this age, mayweather was already on his way to a hall of fame resume without watermelon dancing and KFC shuckin his way to the ring just yet.

Cole Cash

Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
Great talent, needs to fight someone who will actually give him a fight tho, but when he is making people look bad its kind of hard. As for his persona, he does seem humble aand likeable and says the right things in the build up to fights, but when he tries to show off his charisma/personality it seems more forced than natural and comes across as a look at me type breh.

perfect analogy.

what is your opinion on Jutts comparison to carl froch? i likned froch to more someone like eubank as opposed to broner

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
he didint, but hes the most recent boxer that comes to mind, also, i aint gonna lie, alot of his mannerisms are straight out of the mayweather playbook, doing an about face in the ring, using the jab to paw and measure an opponent before throwing a short left hook etc. even some of his facil expressions.

Thats what I forgot. Its not his fightin style that is similar to other fighters from the past & present, it his mannerisms and certain little intricacies that seems to of jacked from other fighters.

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
perfect analogy.

what is your opinion on Jutts comparison to carl froch? i likned froch to more someone like eubank as opposed to broner

Reason I used Froch as an example is because hes a douchebag. Of course hes not gonna "shuck and jive" thats not his character, his character is being an arrogant dikk like I said before.

I do agree that he uses a lot of Floyds mannerisms in fight, but lets be honest here Floyd isnt the originator of any of this.

Cole Cash

Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
Thats what I forgot. Its not his fightin style that is similar to other fighters from the past & present, it his mannerisms and certain little intricacies that seems to of jacked from other fighters.

Bernard hopkins used alot of what jersie joe walcott would do according to what i have read but his style was still his own, he didint come across like he was trying to be someone else, i guess thats my thing with broner, he feels like a smaller less polished mayweather as opposed to coming into his own.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
perfect analogy.

Yeah hes right on Froch, but I dont mind that I prefer confidence in ones own ability, its very un-british tbh. Now Khans arrogances annoys some what because everyone knows hes chattin BS, you dont feel that he actually believes what hes sayin himself, lack of conviction. Back to Froch, he has shown that he may be arrogant prick, but he can back it up and comes to fight no matter who and where it is and he also makes sure hes accountable for his performances afterwards and gives props to the other fighter.

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Bernard hopkins used alot of what jersie joe walcott would do according to what i have read but his style was still his own, he didint come across like he was trying to be someone else, i guess thats my thing with broner, he feels like a smaller less polished mayweather as opposed to coming into his own.

I think hes trying to emulate his style a bit, but he is still very wet behind the ears for the most part. As he faces better competition, he'll realize what works best for him. Trying to emulate Floyd's style in the ring isnt necessarily a bad thing. He actually reminds me of James Toney when he was at 168. Using the shoulder roll in the pocket and trading punches

Cole Cash

Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
Reason I used Froch as an example is because hes a douchebag. Of course hes not gonna "shuck and jive" thats not his character, his character is being an arrogant dikk like I said before.

I do agree that he uses a lot of Floyds mannerisms in fight, but lets be honest here Floyd isnt the originator of any of this.

Na, hes not the originater, but he was still his own fighter, he didint look at james toney or joe frazier and come across like hes been studying tapes on how they move around the ring in identical fashion.

Froch is a douchebag without a doubt he comes across like a douchebag with some english sensibility which frankly is less grating to look at.

like i said, mayweather and pernell whitaker are somewhat similar in how they fight although whitaker stood in front more than mayweather and used his body tomake you miss, my point is that Broner feels less like broner and more like mayweather-lite. when you are copying every little thing he does right down to how he sits in the corner to doing an about face in the ring, it feels like a re-hash until he can come into his own