Degrees beside STEM that college nikkas can eat good from?

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
From my perspective it's either STEM or The Arts and all the other bullshyt Business majors.

Are there any other kinds? Because most things fall under Science if you ask me

invalid

Banned
Daps
Finance/Accounting

If you go to an Ivy League or any other top-ranked program, you can get into at T20 B-School and land an Investment Banking or Management Consulting gig with having just a humanities degree. The kicker - you have to start obtaining the right internships by sophomore year which means you have to know that you're going into that field pretty much by the time you get into college. It's most likely too late by the time you get to junior or senior year unless you have supreme connections. When securing a job in finance pedigree of the school and internships are weighted more than your undergrad degree. A guy from Harvard who majored in English and was an IB analyst intern at Credit Suisse has a better chance of getting into Goldman then a guy from Ole Miss who majored in finance and interned at Suntrust. Other factors are considered as well but most of the weight is put on the quality of the school and less so on degree.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Trade school but math really isn't that hard stop being scared....
That's actually a pretty good idea.

WHen i first moved here i got into a program in Miami call Georges T. Baker Aviation where if you were enrolled in high-school you could take vocational classes while in High-School. It was basically your last 2 periods during the day. A bus came and got you after 4th period and took you there then brough you back after school. I tried it for a year doing the avionics program. It was pretty cool. Then i said fukk it and went to college for Engineering instead

It's a free school in Miami and is part of the public school system. It's one of the reasons why i sometimes dont feel sorry for some kids that complain about "the system" because many of the same cats i was in HS with i was trying to get them to come to it with me but they were to cool.Not saying the system is fine the way it is. But if you have free opportunities to learn a trade and pass up on it... Couple of Haitian kids i was in school with even laughed at me.
Now some work at Publix and Walmart stocking shelves and look the other way when i'm in town and see them working :smugdraper:
This Dominican chick that used to like me that was my lab partner there finished the program and been working for American Airlines since
George T. Baker Aviation TC | Reaching New Heights

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Any business degree, communication (super easy, but very useful), ethics/philosophy, graphic design (you can make a shyt TON, if you are good at it)

TL15

Veteran
Daps
forget "trying to eat" off your degree because you're going to chase something you hate or something you aren't good at.

Think about what you would be cool with doing for the rest of your life. Think about what you need financially to be comfortable. Find where they intersect and pursue that.

Accountants and Financial planners jump off buildings too :wow: Money is not the cure to happiness. Find something you can be passionate about doing and love doing and try to fall into that field :manny:

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
Whatever you do, just don't waste money on some bullshyt degree and waste time that you could have spent building and working towards something.

Most of the knowledge is already out there for free.

If youre gonna go to school, make it count for something.

Dont die in debt with a degree that you never used.

Get a degree thats gonna pay you money.

Why not stem?