Degrees beside STEM that college nikkas can eat good from?

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
I actually did what I wanted to do and did not go after a degree to make money.

If you chase a degree to make money, you won't be eating much in life. You're better off earning a vocational degree.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Pretty much all your trade degrees can have you eating good.
getting a deggree in injection molding milling and machinging
get a degree in radiography or sonography
off the top of my head

invalid

Banned
Daps
:dwillhuh: For everyone saying finance, accounting, and nursing are those not STEM fields? Finance and accounting are math heavy and doesn’t nursing involve chemistry, biology, and anatomy.

I would consider quantitative finance - which is offered at most places as a graduate degree - to possibly be STEM. But traditionally finance and accounting are not as quant heavy as traditional STEM fields

Nursing, I wouldn't even put near that category. For one, you can become a nurse through a LPN or 2 year RN program that's offered at most community colleges. They only start recently putting an emphasis on four year BSN programs.

Last edited:

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
If I could do it over, some combination of Finance/Economics/Entrepreneurship.

To make a living, I'm now only concerned with how money works and how to work it for myself. Everything else is an interest/hobby that I may make money doing.

For those wanting to make money from a trade, I'd recommend double majoring in that & one of the above so that you can eventually work for your self or know how to invest with earnings from the job.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
This is probably the worst degree you can get. Not enough jobs available for the number of graduates. Know so many folks that were marketing majors that came out of school with no prospects.

I somewhat agree, most companies don't know what to do with a marketing major. It's too broad a field.

You'll fukk around and get pigeonholed into sales like me :mjcry:

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
Brehs need to step out of TLR and into 6 Figure 6 certs. Alternatively learn to use the search function. This way we wouldn’t have to answer this question every three months. Outside S.T.E.M, Business (Finance, Accounting, Economics) are the most profitable degrees. Leverage your position by doing combinations/double majors.

Marketing (Business) gets a honorable mention since depending on the industry you can earn good income. Law (Degree) and Real Estate (Certificate) are other avenues to consider.

In the end the most lucrative career which more black people need to look into is sales. Breh’s here boast on their impeccable fashion, cologne, mouthpiece, confidence and determination to succeed. That’s 80% sales and the other 20% is product knowledge. Master both and you are on the way to becoming Sage of 6 Figures/Certs.

invalid

Banned
Daps

Bruh....that's what you should have mentioned. Sales. You can probably eat more than any of the majors listed here if your sales game is on point. That's what I'd go back to school and try to re-learn. Although it's more of a natural abilitiy.

Bart simpson

Served w/ no chill
Daps
Reppin
Springfield
Any business degree, communication (super easy, but very useful), ethics/philosophy, graphic design (you can make a shyt TON, if you are good at it)

Communication it depends which branch...

Graphic design is a joke. You get enough but some always to go cheap

I agree a business degree would be legit
:ehh:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I somewhat agree, most companies don't know what to do with a marketing major. It's too broad a field.

My sister has a marketing degree
And basically was doing sales for her career
And just last year she finally actually doing marketing

Working for a company started by some former NBA players
They help black owned businesses to get federal contracts and teach them proper procedure to qualify for the guidelines

She finally happy

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Bruh....that's what you should have mentioned. Sales. You can probably eat more than any of the majors listed here if your sales game is on point. That's what I'd go back to school and try to re-learn. Although it's more of a natural abilitiy.

Bingo, it's a natural ability that must folk don't have unless you happen to get into a field you enjoy...which nowadays it's easier said than done.

You have to have drive for sales to manage the commission structure.

It's not for everybody.