Deion Sanders recruits QBs from dual-parent homes, D-lineman from ‘single mama’ homes

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps

I’m not sure what to make of this. I’ve been vocal here and IRL about how much of a scourge single-parent homes are to the black community. The outcomes in almost every measurable category for these children are invariably worse than those from two-parent* homes. So I get where’s he’s coming from. I needed my pops. My kid needs me. I get all that.

But I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t uncomfortable seeing him flippantly “joke” about it on this platform. In front of that audience :mjpls:. We can be frank with each other and not overlook the systemic and structural shyt at play either. I also don’t think kids should be penalized for circumstances out of their control. Just felt callous to break it down that way. Especially when he actually prefers the opposite for defensive players :what:. Weird.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I thought it was insensitive to say this especially among the black community in America .

Black kids growing up without their fathers is an issue among black people all over the world but it's especially stigmatized when it comes to black in America.
Prime knows this! :francis:

I still love Deion (no homo) but he fukked up on this one. shyt's might come back to bite him in the ass when he's recruiting, watch.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I’m not sure what to make of this. I’ve been vocal here and IRL about how much of a scourge single-parent homes are to the black community. The outcomes in almost every measurable category for these children are invariably worse than those from two-parent* homes. So I get where’s he’s coming from. I needed my pops. My kid needs me. I get all that.

But I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t uncomfortable seeing him flippantly “joke” about it on this platform. In front of that audience :mjpls:. We can be frank with each other and not overlook the systemic and structural shyt at play either. I also don’t think kids should be penalized for circumstances out of their control. Just felt callous to break it down that way. Especially when he actually prefers the opposite for defensive players :what:. Weird.

single parent homes arent the problem.

the prevlanace of lacking moral values and wonton nihilism is.

ironically you have european nations where they have very high single parent household numbers but a 1/10 of the chaos

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
single parent homes arent the problem.

the prevlanace of lacking moral values and wonton nihilism is.

ironically you have european nations where they have very high single parent household numbers but a 1/10 of the chaos
Ok, how we defining “single-parent”? Because I mean one parent being completely absent.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
It's a joke, but it says a lot, can't say I'm surprised.
Yea I get he was likely saying it in jest but I’m like …c’mon bruh. He been on a tear lately. He also had this to say about crime in Boulder (presumably in comparison to Jackson :francis:):

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
I have nothing wrong with what he said.

If you played ball you would understand and even in life.

Little do you know, People do this on the job also. When I interview for certain jobs I mention my father and grandfather, and I talk about my father and grandfather all the time at the job. It shows structure.

I also talk about my grandfather a lot because my grandfather faught in WWII and in the Korean War.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
I thought it was insensitive to say this especially among the black community in America .

Black kids growing up without their fathers is an issue among black people all over the world but it's especially stigmatized when it comes to black in America.
Prime knows this! :francis:

I still love Deion (no homo) but he fukked up on this one. shyt's might come back to bite him in the ass when he's recruiting, watch.
Idk who the hell went and made dude MLK. He’s always just been an entertainer known known for making CACS rich.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have nothing wrong with what he said.

If you played ball you would understand and even in life.

Little do you know, People do this on the job also. When I interview for certain jobs I mention my father and grandfather, and I talk about my father and grandfather all the time at the job. It shows structure.

I also talk about my grandfather a lot because my grandfather faught in WWII and in the Korean War.

this is the dumb negroism that is remains a massive problem to the black community.

imagine lacking nuance and insight on why what deion said would be harmful.

this 10 cent thinking is something I see too often pepertrated