All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
Is it deja vu? Or deja reve?

Cause they’re not the same
Deja Vu vs Deja Reve?

Yes, I once briefly dated a girl who said her dreams told her the entire events of the next day, sometimes the next week. The weirdest thing happened after one of our longer conversations, that ability had been transferred to me! Just for one night.

Maybe our lives are preprogrammed and our conscious remembers it.....like watching a movie for the 10th time...you seen it before

Yes, a couple different Afrikan cosmologies state that, the one that comes to mind first is of the @Akan . I do believe there is more to be explored within the adae or dream-state. It could be that for a brief moment in time, you had Re-Unified with the Creator and Creatress, and that unification resulted in this vision?

Whenever I watch Lean on Me I get deja vu. I don’t know why. Mind you I have been watching that movie since I was little with my parents.

Thats very interesting. I think I might have that with my parents if I were to watch True Lies. We watched that movie every time it was on TV

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I heard it's your mind processing information and becoming aware of where you are. I'm paraphrasing. I have also heard it is a memory of an alternate version of your self or version of you in the future.. Time is a flat circle.
If you have the time, I'd definitely like your expansion. I do like the Time is a Flat circle, but I do think thats too simple. Very compelling for True Detective. I think time is more like a Spring. Maybe a slinky.

pattern.recognition*

Have you ever had it in a place that had only existed 2 years prior to your visit to it? This happened to me in a resort in PR that was brand new, but it was my first time ever going to PR.

swore I've seen you make this thread before OP.....:patrice:

@It is a mystery

I always liked the theory that it means you're walking your correct path

:myman: yeah that was the most immediate feeling, esp driving with my mom. Sometimes when I'm reading threads here and it happens tho...:wtf:

Did you see a black cat walk by?
ohOi9Ki.gif

dejavumatrix.gif
make sure to give them the long blinks if I ever come across. When it does happen and I'm driving my eyes are PEELED:whew:

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Anything with New Jersey in the 80s i get deja vu if reincarnation is true I probably died a violent death in Jersey in the late 80s during the crack era.
YO. This is another real interesting thing. I have been wondering about this, there are definitely certain "generational sounds." I wonder if, on the other end of what you are talking about, it were like something in the air while our parents were conceiving us, or was blasting on the radio around that time or something I dunno but I can't explain why I love all jazz created in 1974. You've got me thinking. Now I also know that it's not just me!

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
YO. This is another real interesting thing. I have been wondering about this, there are definitely certain "generational sounds." I wonder if, on the other end of what you are talking about, it were like something in the air while our parents were conceiving us, or was blasting on the radio around that time or something I dunno but I can't explain why I love all jazz created in 1974. You've got me thinking. Now I also know that it's not just me!
I get that with any fashion or style having to do with the 1920s era - my grandmother used to say to me that "I've been here for" ... I used to look at her like "what do you mean grandma" :lupe:
She said that I'm channeling an "old soul" because I've been here in another lifetime. I used to dress and dance around the house like the Cotton Club or something, never realized I did that subconsciously until she started bringing it up. Then on my way to work, this lady in the elevator, said "I love your style and your hair... very 20's era classic, but updated" My reaction- :merchant:wowww... my grandma was on to something, I guess. I watched this show with a passion a few years back and could relate to the club environment, especially the glamour scenes - Boardwalk Empire.

Last edited:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
From what I've read, Déjà vu is basically your brain having some of short-circuit where whatever it is that processes the "now" briefly overlaps with the "past" section. So what you're seeing feels like a memory. No idea if it's bs tbh :yeshrug:

Happens to me sometimes, but déjà vu isn't knowing or "seeing" beforehand what will happen, and it's not in dreams. Déjà vu is when you "see" something that seems familiar, not "seeing" something that will indeed happen afterwards, that's premonition.

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I get that with any fashion or style having to do with the 1920s era - my grandmother used to say to me that "I've been here for" ... I used to look at her like "what do you mean grandma" :lupe:
She said that I'm channeling an "old soul" because I've been here in another lifetime. I used to dress and dance around the house like the Cotton Club or something, never realized I did that subconsciously until she started bringing it up. Then on my way to work, this lady in the elevator, said "I love your style and your hair... very 20's era classic, but updated" My reaction- :merchant:wowww... my grandma was on to something, I guess
Although i only endorse the first part of the book, you should read Ritual by Malidome Patrice Somé. He talks about this same phenomena from a Dagara context

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Another theory that I less likely believe but off the top of my head, is the Doppelganger. I remember someone told me that there's an exact replica of the earth and an another one of us that exists in that world- like a duplicate of ourselves but in a different time. But I don't understand what the purpose of that would be.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mystery Of Doppelgangers And Spirit Doubles - From Ancient To Modern Times | Ancient Pages
The existence of so-called Doppelgangers and spirit doubles is an ancient and widespread belief.

According to legend, Doppelgangers (German for "double-walker") is a duplicate of a real person. It is someone that looks the exact same as another person, yet is not a twin. Mystics throughout the ages have believed Doppelgangers and spirit doubles are supernatural creatures. They are either spiritual copies of the person or downright demonic twins.

According to legends and folklore, seeing one's own double or "alter ego' is considered a bad omen.

If people saw the double of their relative in a place that he or she was not actually there, it meant that they had seen their spirit double and that particular relative was to meet his death. According to some beliefs and superstitions, doppelgangers are supposed to be the 'evil twin' that suggests and insinuates to its human counterpart to do bad and unlawful things.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
10 Signs You've Met An Old Soul
Checklist - (I can check a lot of these off)

1. Old souls have many past life memories
They don’t care much about the ‘modern world’

2. Old souls would rather spend time in nature and connect with Mother Earth. They don’t really have an interest in our modern pleasures and ways of living, so you’ll probably cross paths with them on a hiking trail or doing something else outdoors.

3. Old souls have a high level of self-awareness
You might feel totally at peace around an old soul, as they’ve had plenty of time to work on themselves and their inner peace. Due to all of their life experiences in many different dimensions and spaces, they have learned a lot about consciousness and awareness, and have worked hard at creating the best version of themselves.

4. They feel out of place here
5. They like to spend time alone

Most old souls would rather spend time in solitude than deal with others or risk having their energy depleted by reality. You can find them meditating by a stream or reading a book in a quiet corner of a bookstore; they don’t like a lot of loud noise and chaos.

6. Old souls have great intuition
Old souls have been through a lot, and have perfected their intuitive skills. This inner voice guides them through life, and they use it to make almost all their decisions.

7. They are deeply sensitive
Because of all the destruction and chaos on the planet right now, these souls have a high sensitivity to what’s going on.

8. Old souls think on a higher level
9. They don’t fit in with most people

Old souls, because of their great wisdom and insight, don’t get along with the majority of people. They just see the world differently than most, and because of this, can only tolerate a select few people that share their views and appetite for deep conversation.

10. Old souls experience deja vu often

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Have you ever had it in a place that had only existed 2 years prior to your visit to it? This happened to me in a resort in PR that was brand new, but it was my first time ever going to PR.
pattern.recognition doesn't rely on physical experience

you had the mental concept of the pr resort

that's enough for your brain to fire off that pattern

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
If you have the time, I'd definitely like your expansion. I do like the Time is a Flat circle, but I do think thats too simple. Very compelling for True Detective. I think time is more like a Spring. Maybe a slinky.

@It is a mystery

:myman: yeah that was the most immediate feeling, esp driving with my mom. Sometimes when I'm reading threads here and it happens tho...:wtf:

make sure to give them the long blinks if I ever come across. When it does happen and I'm driving my eyes are PEELED:whew:
I will expound. We reside in three dimensions physically, while also being under the influence of the 4th dimension of space/time. But what if that isn't the case? what if aspects of ourselves exist on top or outside of space time. You take the idea of Ragnarok from Norse myth. Those gods die and are reborne and die again. They can experience points in their own personal time simultaneously. What if parts of our selves exist in the same way?