DeKKKlantis signs bill requiring Asian history be taught in schools

DatBoiHawk

HAWK
Daps
Reppin
Houston

FLORIDA GOV. RON DeSantis has signed a bill that mandates the inclusion of Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) history in the state’s K-12 curriculum.
The general education bill, which includes other new requirements in the sector, will specifically require the teaching of the incarceration of Japanese Americans in World War II, the “immigration, citizenship, civil rights, identity and culture” of AAPIs and the group’s contributions to American society.
Tuesday’s signing makes Florida the first Republican-led state to pass such a law. Mimi Chan, director of Make Us Visible Florida — the local chapter of a nonprofit that pushes for the inclusion of AAPI studies in public schools — led the effort for two years to make it happen.
It took a lot of work and determination in order to get this passed,” Chan said, according to The Independent Florida Alligator. “Asian American history is American history.”
While the law takes effect on July 1, the curriculum will still take years to prepare.
Chan said their organization will be monitoring its development.
High school student Jake Leaf, who is part Chinese, said he did not learn a lot about his culture growing up. While he may not be in class anymore when the lessons begin, he is thrilled for future generations.
“I’m excited for people like my little sister and people like that to just learn more about Asian culture and have that experience that I wasn’t really able to fully get,” Leaf told WKMG. “So, it’ll be really cool that they’re able to experience that.”
While DeSantis has advanced AAPI representation with the passing of the bill, the Florida governor has also banned Chinese citizens from buying land in a separate legislation. An exception is reserved for Chinese visa holders, who may own one home as long as they are registered with a state agency.

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
I mean a broken clock....Asian American history should be taught because I learned about the internment camps ON MY OWN just like a large majority of Black History I know. Crazy thing was I took AP history courses in school and they mostly were white history and whitewashed of others. I used to go at history teachers in regards to Native American history also and this was 20 years ago :francis:

I think this will be changed though because this type of teaching would actually coincide with CRT, these folks try to make Black folks the face of it but it encompasses other minorities as well....however this could also be a way to dilute the black history side of it:patrice:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
I mean a broken clock....Asian American history should be taught because I learned about the internment camps ON MY OWN just like a large majority of Black History I know. Crazy thing was I took AP history courses in school and they mostly were white history and whitewashed of others. I used to go at history teachers in regards to Native American history also and this was 20 years ago :francis:

I think this will be changed though because this type of teaching would actually coincide with CRT, these folks try to make Black folks the face of it but it encompasses other minorities as well....however this could also be a way to dilute the black history side of it:patrice:
I'm guessing you're not aware he blocked AP Black History

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
Cac men love Asian women. It’s like they got a sick fetish for them. Mark my words, years down the line Desantis is either going to #metoo’d buy a group of Asian women or a sex tape comes out or some kind of weird cuck sex tape gets leaked with him licking a Asian chicks urine of off a dirty gas station floor.

Last edited: