DeKKKlantis signs bill requiring Asian history be taught in schools

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
DeSatan plays some of the worst politics Ive ever seen. If this were game of thrones he'd be this guy

Joffrey-Poisoned-Dies.gif

That's actually not a bad comparison

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high

FLORIDA GOV. RON DeSantis has signed a bill that mandates the inclusion of Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) history in the state’s K-12 curriculum.
The general education bill, which includes other new requirements in the sector, will specifically require the teaching of the incarceration of Japanese Americans in World War II, the “immigration, citizenship, civil rights, identity and culture” of AAPIs and the group’s contributions to American society.
Tuesday’s signing makes Florida the first Republican-led state to pass such a law. Mimi Chan, director of Make Us Visible Florida — the local chapter of a nonprofit that pushes for the inclusion of AAPI studies in public schools — led the effort for two years to make it happen.
It took a lot of work and determination in order to get this passed,” Chan said, according to The Independent Florida Alligator. “Asian American history is American history.”
While the law takes effect on July 1, the curriculum will still take years to prepare.
Chan said their organization will be monitoring its development.
High school student Jake Leaf, who is part Chinese, said he did not learn a lot about his culture growing up. While he may not be in class anymore when the lessons begin, he is thrilled for future generations.
“I’m excited for people like my little sister and people like that to just learn more about Asian culture and have that experience that I wasn’t really able to fully get,” Leaf told WKMG. “So, it’ll be really cool that they’re able to experience that.”
While DeSantis has advanced AAPI representation with the passing of the bill, the Florida governor has also banned Chinese citizens from buying land in a separate legislation. An exception is reserved for Chinese visa holders, who may own one home as long as they are registered with a state agency.

This is fine. I'm pretty sure we already have laws requiring Black History and Jewish History are taught too

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA
I’ve met Asians who admit they talk about white people in their language, and view whites as racist and condescending. I also browse various Reddit subs, and they call the bootlicking Asians Uncle Tran.
:yeshrug:
breh, your anecdotal internet experience has little to nothing to do with reality.

this is coming from a man who lived in Hawaii and SE Asia (Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia) for a total of 3 years. anti black racism is global.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Teachers are gonna say Asians and Pacific Islanders left evil communist China to build railroads and pulled themselves up by their own bootstraps while using Bruce Lee and Troy Polamalu as examples.

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actually not true. Asian head tax, Asians not being allowed to marry white women, Asian rail road workers, Japanese internment camps...

They just don't buck the system the same way. That's what he wants. No bucking. No protests or fights for civil rights. Crazy thing is, those same Asian people wouldn't have rights if not for black people going all in...
This is why black folks are used as the shoes for other minority groups that leech off the shyt we establish

I've worked around non black people, worked extensively around Asians and NONE of these people ever stand up for shyt. It's always the black people on the job going "Nah hold on this ain't right" when some bullshyt goes down

During the Civil Rights Movement the world sat on the sidelines and watched while black people went against an entire government. Everyone always wonders "why are black people always making so much noise? Why can't they just shut up sometimes" but those same people never fail to show up with bag in hand to scoop up all the shyt black folks fight to gain

These same folks also never fail to run to black folks begging for help when white people give them explicit reminders that they're not white

I would hope by now black folks see shyt for what it is and realize we have no allies and that everyone uses us as foot soldiers for their own agendas

Last edited: