Alexis Dufresne vs. Marion Reneau

Thoughts? Predictions?

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
It's hard to pick against DC, because the guy is an absolute monster. But I just don't see him beating Jon.

Gus gave him problems with his size and length, two things DC doesn't have. I think Jon has too much of a physical and athletic advantage to lose this fight.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
It's hard to pick against DC, because the guy is an absolute monster. But I just don't see him beating Jon.

Gus gave him problems with his size and length, two things DC doesn't have. I think Jon has too much of a physical and athletic advantage to lose this fight.

Cormier lacks size, but makes up for it in tremendous strength and wrestling, which I believe will neutralize Jones' size advantage. Jones' 12 inch reach advantage however will be the biggest obstacle for DC. Athleticism wise, they're about even imo Cormier is an Olympic level wrestler, I don't see how you can say that Jones has the athletic advantage.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
you know what, I'm gonna say Jones by submission

I think that a lot of the fight will be spent on the ground and jones with those long limbs could catch Daniel with something.

Last edited:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cormier lacks size, but makes up for it in tremendous strength and wrestling, which I believe will neutralize Jones' size advantage. Jones' 12 inch reach advantage however will be the biggest obstacle for DC. Athleticism wise, they're about even imo Cormier is an Olympic level wrestler, I don't see how you can say that Jones has the athletic advantage.

cause jones is a better athlete, not only is he taller but quicker as well

cormier has always had the speed advantage against those stiffs like silva, this wont be the case in this fight

very interesting and exciting fight

:win:

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
cause jones is a better athlete, not only is he taller but quicker as well

cormier has always had the speed advantage against those stiffs like silva, this wont be the case in this fight

very interesting and exciting fight

:win:

What does height have to do with athleticism? :heh:
Jones has the overall speed advantage, but not by much. I actually think DC has the quicker hand speed.

Cormier was captain of the US Olympic wrestling team. You could easily argue that he's the better athlete.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What does height have to do with athleticism? :heh:

Jones has the speed advantage, but not by much.

Cormier was captain of the US Olympic wrestling team. I could argue that he's the better athlete.

height with better athletic ability and long azz arms makes any jones fight a problem for his opponent unless hes 6'5

its gonna be a great fight

lets be honest, what great athlete has cormier faught? a bunch of overweight stiffs like silva and a has been like henderson

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
height with better athletic ability and long azz arms makes any jones fight a problem for his opponent unless hes 6'5

its gonna be a great fight

lets be honest, what great athlete has cormier faught? a bunch of overweight stiffs like silva and a has been like henderson

Just because Jones has faced better athletes, that doesn't make Cormier any less of an elite MMA athlete.

Tilesp4p

All Star
Daps
This fight for me is somewhat of a toss up. I mean truthfully Jones reach and the way he uses it (long kicks, oblique kicks and using his long arms to stiff arm opponents and keep them at range) makes him a frustrating opponent to deal with. If DC could offensively use his foot work and corner Jones and implement his freakish strength and power(basically fight like Cain) then he could make this fight very interesting, but idk if DC is going to come in this fight and use the proper skills necessary to implement his strengths.
On the other hand Jones is dangerous...so yeah pretty much a toss up for me:manny:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This fight for me is somewhat of a toss up. I mean truthfully Jones reach and the way he uses it (long kicks, oblique kicks and using his long arms to stiff arm opponents and keep them at range) makes him a frustrating opponent to deal with. If DC could offensively use his foot work and corner Jones and implement his freakish strength and power(basically fight like Cain) then he could make this fight very interesting, but idk if DC is going to come in this fight and use the proper skills necessary to implement his strengths.
On the other hand Jones is dangerous...so yeah pretty much a toss up for me:manny:
if cormier is going to win he has to initiate all the contact because jones has no problems staying outside the whole fight

cormier has to take all the risk