Dethroning the King - Official UFC 182: Jones vs Cormier Thread [Jan. 3]

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tilesp4p

All Star
Daps
if cormier is going to win he has to initiate all the contact because jones has no problems staying outside the whole fight

cormier has to take all the risk
Agreed, he cant spend the whole night on the outside dancing around hoping to land something big like Rashad Evans(that fight broke my heart lol) did..he needs to pressure him form start to finish and tactically bring the fight to Jones.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
Agreed, he cant spend the whole night on the outside dancing around hoping to land something big like Rashad Evans(that fight broke my heart lol) did..he needs to pressure him form start to finish and tactically bring the fight to Jones.

Cormier is going to use a similar gameplan to what Cain used against JDS. Constant pressure & aggression.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I keep going back and forth on this. The key for Cormier is getting inside that reach, if he can apply constant pressure and keep Jones on the cage he'll be too strong for him. However, if he can't close the distance it'll be similar to the fight with Rashad.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Im a hood ninja

can't root for squares who never lived that life bruh

I dont even know Jone's history but he just seems less of a square

:manny:
jones has done a lot of dirt in the octagon :ehh:

7V2ArKq.gif

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
All my coli cash.. on

Jons out wrestling dc and winning this by knock out.

Plus after the last fight Jones probably has been working on a damn near perfect takedown defense. I dont see dc manhandling jones.

Jones will keep the distance with kicks... then knock him out after out wrestling him.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
For whatever reason.... jones hand speed isnt that quick and this nikka never has been that great of a boxer. That always frustrated me about him...

But he has every other tool imaginable.