Did The Feminist Movement Destroy Relationships/Marriages in America?

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
Those quotes are cherrypicked, and you could spin the Civil Rights movement in exactly the same way if you only look for extremist quotes, but even then, they're cherrypicked badly.

Something I've been realizing lately is that a lot of the civil rights movements were heavily influenced by communist thinking and that sort of stuff gives many quotes an 'off' note because there's a sort of Marxist deconstruction involved of every social relationship. Today we read stuff like that and find it weird but that's because we're in a different ideological era

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
Those quotes are cherrypicked, and you could spin the Civil Rights movement in exactly the same way if you only look for extremist quotes, but even then, they're cherrypicked badly. Many of those quotes are absolutely true. For example:

"Women have always been the primary victims of war. Women lose their husbands, their fathers, their sons in combat."
Hillary Clinton, First Ladies' Conference on Domestic Violence in San Salvador, El Salvador on Nov. 17, 1998

This is a fact, and let's also not forget that rape is rampant during wartime, and women are the primary victims of wartime rapes. ^

1) How could women be more of the victims of war than the very men who died in such wars? I'm not going to say that women are not victims, but I find it absurd that women are somehow more of victims of war than the people who actually die in them.
2) Women may or may not be the primary victims of wartime rapes that happen, but how many of those happen, and how many men are actually raping women? Most men are not rapists, and most men will never rape a woman in their entire lives.

"Patriarchy requires violence or the subliminal threat of violence in order to maintain itself... The most dangerous situation for a woman is not an unknown man in the street, or even the enemy in wartime, but a husband or lover in the isolation of their home." Gloria Steinem in Revolution from Within: A Book of Self-Esteem, pp. 259-61..

This is a fact.^ The vast majority of rapes and abuse against women happens not from strangers, but from family members and intimate partners (boyfriends, husbands.)

How is it a fact that a husband is an automatic threat over someone like an enemy in wartime? That kind of animosity is exactly what splits families apart.

Again, most men are not violent abusers or rapists, so most women do not have to worry about men close to them doing this to them. Unless of course you hate men, or your family is full of abusers.

"The newest variations on this distressingly ancient theme center on hormones and DNA: men are biologically aggressive; their fetal brains were awash in androgen; their DNA, in order to perpetuate itself, hurls them into murder and rape."
Andrea Dworkin, Letters from a War Zone, p. 114..

This is true.^ Some men like to claim that it's their nature to be violent, abusive, to cheat on women, etc, when that's not really a scientific fact. DNA is no excuse for that kind of behavior.

I like how you claim that it's not true that it's in male nature to be violent, abusive or cheat on women and yet the very quote you acknowledge as true says the complete opposite of that.

"Feminists have long criticized marriage as a place of oppression, danger, and drudgery for women.
Barbara Findlen, "Is Marriage the Answer? Ms Magazine, May - June, 1995

Nothing wrong with this one, either.^ Marriage was often oppressive to women back then. They didn't have a choice in the role they were to play. That's why it needed to be criticized.

I'm not even going to touch this one.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
1) How could women be more of the victims of war than the very men who died in such wars? I'm not going to say that women are not victims, but I find it absurd that women are somehow more of victims of war than the people who actually die in them.

The question isn't whether women die in war more than men do, since in a patriarchal society, men do most of the fighting. The question is whether women suffer more in the same circumstances. Women in the military have to worry about getting raped by their own people (our own gov. says 1 in every 3 women in the military are abused by men at least once,) just like women as civilians have to worry about rape. In short, women field additional burdens than men when they're in the same circumstances. When was the last time men were captured and forced into sexual slavery en masse during a war?

2) Women may or may not be the primary victims of wartime rapes that happen, but how many of those happen, and how many men are actually raping women? Most men are not rapists, and most men will never rape a woman in their entire lives.

Women are absolutely the primary victims of wartime rape. There's no maybe here, breh, unless you want to willfully avoid what all the information on the subject clearly shows. Of course most men are not rapists and will never rape a woman, but that's not the point. The point is the position of women relative to men.

How is it a fact that a husband is an automatic threat over someone like an enemy in wartime? That kind of animosity is exactly what splits families apart.

The quote was about enemies raping women in wartime, not their own husbands. Rape has always been a major tool of warfare. However, outside of war, husbands, boyfriends, other family members, and other close acquaintances are the primary perpetrators of rape and sexual abuse against women (and men.) You can easily find stats for this from the US government itself, along with studies conducted by state police departments and even private institutions.

Again, most men are not violent abusers or rapists, so most women do not have to worry about men close to them doing this to them. Unless of course you hate men, or your family is full of abusers.

Yes.

I like how you claim that it's not true that it's in male nature to be violent, abusive or cheat on women and yet the very quote you acknowledge as true says the complete opposite of that.

The quote I acknowledge is saying the same thing I said. The problem when quotes are cherrypicked is that it's easy to decontextualize them, but if you read it, it clearly states that the problem is when men use false science to justify unethical behavior, not that the false science is true and that men are genetically determined to such behavior.

I'm not even going to touch this one.

Ok, but I'm not sure why. Marriage as an institution has historically been one of the major institutions that participate in the oppression of women. Let's not forget that marriage as an institution came into existence as a business deal between two men, where the commodity in question was one of the men's daughter. It was an economic exchange for money/political power in pretty much all ancient societies. Close to modern times, most of that function has faded in many places, but the very fact that most rapes happen within the family structure is already a red flag that marriage can work in negative ways and needs to be criticized when it does.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Getting women rights was one thing, but the system is so tilted in their favor, that marriage is something hard to fathom for a man. Double that up with the brainwashing from these trashy shows on television, and you almost got to be a fool to wife up most of these modern women. There are a rare gem here and there that are worthy of the wife title, but man, you make one mistake with the wrong one and you are in financial slavery for a long time.

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
Yes it did. I've written countless papers on it too. I wash my hands on the entire thing. Fempocalypse is among us.

Last edited by a moderator:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
The sexual liberation and the redefining of roles have virtually reduced any benefits for the man to get married. There isn't even the allure of having a woman that is yours, because a lot of women have likely racked up countless men enjoying their sexual fruits prior to marriage.

Marriage was solely oppressive for the woman back then, but it wasn't oppressive for the man? It's great that women now have opportunities to make a CHOICE and to gain their own employment. That's the positive side of feminism. The negative side of feminism is they ask you to act like their nonsense doesn't exist. Isn't feminism supposedly about equalizing the playing field? Nah, it was about stacking the deck. These feminists talk all that equality stuff until they have to face man repercussions... and then all of a sudden they turn back into traditional females. Females can talk crazy and put their hands on a man, but he returns the favor and he's a 'woman-beater', but she's not a man-beater for hitting him first. They want a man to be a man and make her feel well-taken care of, safe and protected, but it's sexist to expect reciprocal behavior.

This notion that marriage was sweet for men and women were heavily oppressed is nonsense. Both genders had their advantages and disadvantages... or would women back then rather have switched places with men no questions asked? They don't even want to switch places with men today.

The lack of choice and ability to obtain employment, yes that was oppressive, but they also had benefits as well that women are doing their best not to lose to this day. I fail to see what is so oppressive about cooking and cleaning... would women have rather worked in meat packing plants and the utter filth with there-in for 12 hours a day? Or factories with their low safety standards where they could lose limbs with one wrong move? Or mined all day to only have that paycheck go to support the family? Or how about working those farms, moving bales of hay, rounding up cattle and tilling the fields? Then to come home to hearing your significant other complaining about who knows what after being completely exhausted from back-breaking physical labor? How about the man supporting the family and lost his job due to an injury and getting shamed by his wife as a loser when he is unable to support his family due to measures beyond his control? How about the woman denying her husband sex in order to manipulate him? Or the fact that the husband had to put his life on the line to protect his family in the event of war or home invasion? But hey, none of that is oppressive. Cooking and cleaning, that's where the real oppression lays.

That war quote tells you what you need to know about the feminist mentality. Women are the greatest victims of war, as if dads don't care about their sons as much as a woman. Women did get raped in war, which is an attrocity, but men got raped by sick soldiers as well... They also faced getting tortured if caught by the enemy, seeing their friend's head getting exploded by a bullet or his guts leaking out after getting stabbed, the countless hardships of being urged to press on with no food, water and sleep, but only battle ahead, etc.

So nowadays, men still have to be the one ultimately responsible for providing for the family as well as assuming most of the financial responsibilties, has to make sure she feels safe and well-protected, has to pay a woman support money in the event of a divorce even though they are 'equal' so she can 'maintain her lifestyle' even if she cheats, give up half his assets (because most women do NOT marry men who bring less to the table than them financially), is automatically assumed as the less fit parent in the high majority of cases due to being a male, can't see his kids if she is feeling vindictive, etc... It's not sexist if a woman calls her husband a loser if he lost his job and couldn't provide, but it's sexist for a man to suggest his wife to lose weight after she gets married and decides to let herself go because 'she has no one to impress.' Come on now. Oh yeah, don't forget that a man has to award a woman a rock costing several of thousands of dollars and an elaborate ceremony just to get into that sweet deal. Is it really any wonder why men are looking at marriage and that feminist rhetoric funny nowadays?

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
American society has done in marraige more than feminism.

Chicks is throwing the p*ssy around like its nothing. Affairs ruining homes, Women wanting to live this sex & the city lifestyle. Men wanting to be just like the rappers. We all fukked up.

Its to a point where a man really has to ask himself. Whats the point. If I aint met the chick since she was like 18-19. There's no way in hell im marrying a woman. I dont got time to be dealing with a womans emotional baggage. And to keep it trill, most chicks who marry late are settling. They secretly want Tremaine who was busting her p*ssy wide open back in them dorm rooms. Trust me mang, I have female friends. And they snitch on they girls like its nothing.

I personally know a woman who is getting married to a simp next year. And is already planning on breaking up with him, if her old lover gives her some rhythm. shyt is cray out here :snoop:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Man that's real. One of the best ways to learn about a woman that you are considering dealing with is being friends with her friends prior to dealing with her. Women have loose lips and they'll tell you exactly how her homegirl is.

You are right on women settling. These women be having options. A lot of them keep an emotional and financial provider on deck until the guy that slumped her out returns like a horse on shining armor. When he comes back to touch down on it again, mr. solve-it turns into a negro she is 'just talking to', or 'just a friend', or her boyfriend who she is having irreconcilable problems with. From the boyfriend's angle, she mysteriously becomes distant, is always busy, can never be contacted on the weekends, etc.

It's hard getting married or even just being in a relationship with a woman because for the man, there's almost no benefit to it. The boyfriend listens to her problems, might pay for her schooling, takes her out to eat and all of that, but the dude that does none of that is the one she's taking the boyfriend's money and giving it to him and doing things with him she won't do for her boyfriend. Sad thing is, she gonna act like cooking for her boyfriend is offensive, but she'll probably turn into aunt jemima for her ex that knows how to blaze her up.

That's why I repeat myself over and over, if you got a good woman don't cheat on her or don't lose her... otherwise you are going to be stuck out here in this jungle.