Did/Will you watch HBO Scientology doc "Going Clear"?

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm actually watching this now. man, I didn't know ol' girl from homeland (who plays farrah) was used by scientology to specifically be tom cruise's girlfriend. that shyt was :mindblown:
I had heard about that, didn't know she was just some random chick that was selected because she was someone that put in work with Scientology. I thought she was already an actress.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
He opened a school that utilized their teaching method.
They trademark all their stuff, so the actual method of teaching is owned by scientology. But the school isn't teaching scientology stuff, its just utilizing the teaching method which has been proven to be extremely effective.

Its like when teachers in the 90s would make educational rap songs then stupid people would assume the teachers are getting thier kids into guns and drugs because of the methodology (rap). But the methodology in and of itself is only a delivery system. It has no inherent content. Same with the style the scientologist use to teach. If you can take out the religious stuff and teach english, or math in the same fashion. And that fashion has been proven to work... why wouldn't you.

So thats what Will Smith did... then TMZ and everyone was like GET HIM HE'S A SCIENTOLOGIST!
:snoop:
What fashion of teaching is that?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Will Smith has stated he is not a scientologist.

That might be true, but no matter what, in 2015, it's in his best interest to publicly say that he's not. I'm sure that his agent/publicist/whatever saw what people thought about Cruise damn near 10 years ago and said
:whoa:
We don't need people knowing about this. If you want to do this, fine, but don't tell the world about it.

Then again, I guess it's hard to keep it quiet if you really are. So if he says he's not, he probably isn't. it seems like it infects every part of your life.

WeInHere

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Dianetics :russ:
E- Meter/Audits :skip:
Thetans :beli:
The bridge :patrice::comeon:

It's crazy because it is not really a religion. David basically used the cults muscle to bully the IRS. HAHAHA that is crazy in itself. People making 6 - 40 cent a hr. It is so many gems in this documentary. No wonder HBO needed the lawyers. It looks like Ron was just trying to get rich and lost it and couldn't escape from his own mind.... lol sick. Then Dave got in and as Marty mentioned he couldn't back out or he would of died basically so he just went bat-shyt balls to the wall for Scientology. This was a great doc

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I didn't understand the part of those Scientologists making 60 cents an hour or some shyt? Wtf? How is that legal? Don't those people have to fill out tax forms? :whatthehell?:

How did they pay for food? Clothing? Healthcare? Where did they live? Did those higher up members, get paid more? Wtf?

Did they get free healthcare? :ohhh:

I could have sworn I read some where that they don't believe in medicine or some shyt.

Still can't believe that fukken organization is tax free.

I remember crazy ass John Travolta flew his personal jet to get supplies in during Hurricane Katrina and recruit new members.

Too demonic brehs.

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
I didn't understand the part of those Scientologists making 60 cents an hour or some shyt? Wtf? How is that legal? Don't those people have to fill out tax forms? :whatthehell?:

How did they pay for food? Clothing? Healthcare? Where did they live? Did those higher up members, get paid more? Wtf?

Did they get free healthcare? :ohhh:

I could have sworn I read some where that they don't believe in medicine or some shyt.

Still can't believe that fukken organization is tax free.

I remember crazy ass John Travolta flew his personal jet to get supplies in during Hurricane Katrina and recruit new members.

Too demonic brehs.

They don't have to pay taxes cuz "church". That was L.Ron's scam the entire time. Everything is profit and there is no kind of laws or regulation about how people get treated.

Travolta had an autistic son - Jett - that died from a seizure (he had seizures his entire life) and instead of getting him real medical treatment, Travolta and his wife treated him with Scientology medicine/lemon water/vitamins. That poor boy was 16-years-old when he died. Who knows what difference proper medical care would've had on his life? Scientology can say "church" and that they are using medical treatments that fall in line with their beliefs and the government can't do shyt because they were the dumbfukks that recognized it as a legit religion in the first place.

It's way too demonic.

:damn:

KingT33

LWO, Raider Nation, Univ of South Central Trojans
Daps
Reppin
A suburb of Los Angeles
I work right across the street from these fukkers and they are always handing out flyers to people, harassing them about coming to watch a video and shyt. They automatically know not to hand shyt out to black folk. They don't even look our way when they handing them out. I think they own this one apt building about a half a mile from the main building and this is where a lot of the workers stay. A lot of young cacs.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
I work right across the street from these fukkers and they are always handing out flyers to people, harassing them about coming to watch a video and shyt. They automatically know not to hand shyt out to black folk. They don't even look our way when they handing them out. I think they own this one apt building about a half a mile from the main building and this is where a lot of the workers stay. A lot of young cacs.
shyt look like they only want rich white people.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
from what I was reading regarding the book dianetics, it's a bunch of gibberish. kinda like when an idiot tries to impress you so you think they're smart by using big words. except they are using those words with the wrong pronunciation and in the wrong context the entire time, so they come off as an idiot anyways.

Urban2100

Coligarch
Daps
He was connected to a satanist cult at one point. I wish they would've talked about that more.

What also fascinated me was how much books he wrote. They said he was in the Guinness Book of World Records.