Did/Will you watch HBO Scientology doc "Going Clear"?

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I'm actually watching this now. man, I didn't know ol' girl from homeland (who plays farrah) was used by scientology to specifically be tom cruise's girlfriend. that shyt was :mindblown:
That whole situation was some real Jim Jones cult shyt..

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I work right across the street from these fukkers and they are always handing out flyers to people, harassing them about coming to watch a video and shyt. They automatically know not to hand shyt out to black folk. They don't even look our way when they handing them out. I think they own this one apt building about a half a mile from the main building and this is where a lot of the workers stay. A lot of young cacs.
Its funny how that happens with anybody handing out flyers or anything :russ:

They dont stop any black people shyt is funny and sad at the same time :damn:

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This was pretty meh. The way yall were talkin I was expecting some insane stories. Nothing really shocking in this doc.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Watching this on my phone at work. Chick walked past and heard the term "scientology" so she stoped to talk. She says she has been reading up on it and it seems interesting to her. I'm guessing she was reading pro-scientology literature. Told her the little bit i knew about the rehab camps, sea-org, and where LRH believed where life on earth originated from. After that she was like :whoa: She said she thought it was just an alternative version of Chrisitanity.

:mjlol:@ this We Stand Tall video

This David Miscavige cat looks like the sterotypical a$$hole straight out of a movie.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Just finished watching this and it's insane! I knew a little bit about it from South Park and some shorter docs but man..the way they are caking up is on some other shyt.

When they explained the top secret writings :mjlol: dude talmbout 75 million years ago people were wearing and driving stuff from the 1950s.

I was :patrice: when I heard Farakhan was cosigning this fukkery and after this I'm really :snoop:. I kinda wanna read the book now since people are saying it's even deeper.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

That lines up with all of the "disconnection" policies they have. They probably would've severed ties with him already for the supposed reasons in that video if he wasn't such an asset to the church. On some level, I think they are believers, so it makes sense that they'd be worried he wasn't raising his daughter in the church.

I hope he gets out.

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside
Just finished this, people are such sheep and search their entire life for the feeling of belonging. Groupthink is wild, but if you can manipulate that shyt, theres a lot of money to be had.

Good doc.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Finally watched. Amazing how people will buy into anything if it gives them peace of mind and a sense of belonging. And fukking scary how similar it is to other religion's churches/institutions, the shady shyt is :merchant:

I had two big gripes about the doc.

1) For all of the time it spends explaining how manipulative Scientology is, and all the horrible abuses they do to their own people; I was dissapointed how little it was explained how the highest of officials were able to actually leave the church. They know way too much about it and, regardless of the harassing they get nowadays, they could've went more in depth about what they had to do leave that place. Travolta's friend had to go all Prison Break on their asses to be set free, the fukk did these high officials had to do? :wtf: :merchant:

2) I was very interested in knowing more about the woman that achieved the highest level of "OT". Like, did she get a higher up position? the fukk else does she do after achieving that level besides trying to get rid of thetans? how many people get to that level?