Did Wiz have some kind of beef with Mac Miller ?

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps

Timestamped

Mike asks him about other rappers from Pittsburgh and he doesn't mention Mac at all. He basically says nobody else came up from Pittsburgh, a couple underground guys behind the scene but nobody you could put a name on. That's a highkey spit in the face to me. Am I missing something ?

I remember when Mac passed and all he did was send out a tweet that seemed very by the way

They were both signed to Rostrum and came up the same time in the same lane

I do remember one interview where they asked Wiz about Mac, this is before he died. He said something like "there's only so much you can do to help someone"

I know they probably weren't as close behind the scenes but purposely leaving him out of notable rappers from your home town ? shyt Mac is a bigger rapper than Wiz himself

Phantom Dreamer

All Star
Daps

I do remember one interview where they asked Wiz about Mac, this is before he died. He said something like "there's only so much you can do to help someone"

I know they probably weren't as close behind the scenes but purposely leaving him out of notable rappers from your home town ? shyt Mac is a bigger rapper than Wiz himself

i remember somewhere Wiz explained that quote was in reference to Mac's drug problem.

and he doesn't owe that junkie shyt :gucci:

Wiz knew him from the mud, so to watch him destroy himself had to be disheartening.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn

Timestamped

Mike asks him about other rappers from Pittsburgh and he doesn't mention Mac at all. He basically says nobody else came up from Pittsburgh, a couple underground guys behind the scene but nobody you could put a name on. That's a highkey spit in the face to me. Am I missing something ?

I remember when Mac passed and all he did was send out a tweet that seemed very by the way

No hes fukking not :childplease:
Hes never had any mainstream hits anywhere near as big as Black and Yellow nor See you again

MaxBundles

Veteran
Daps
I don't know about beef but I remember listening to a podcast back in the day (Rosenberg maybe?) where they brought this up. Wiz more so said that he was just frustrated trying to help a friend that didn't wanna get help or kept relapsing. He said he had to cut him off or something like that

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
Nah.

They both wanted to make it on their own merit. Both built separate cult followings.
I get wanting to make it on your own but how do you not acknowledge not only a fellow fallen emcee from your hometown but, a once label mate and collaborator who was at least three times as big as you. He even went out of his way to mention some unknown rapper he went to high school with. Couple that with his quotes about Mac from different interviews etc it makes it obvious that there was some riff there

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
No hes fukking not :childplease:
Hes never had any mainstream hits anywhere near as big as Black and Yellow nor See you again
See You Again was big because of Paul Walker's passing. Wiz wasn't even supposed to be on it, they were shopping it around to diff artists. It was going to blow regardless. Wiz impacted the culture yes, but Mac outlasted him and it's no comparison. Mac has worked with everyone from Migos to John Myer. Wiz's hype died after Taylor Allerdice, and I like Wiz but no.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
I get wanting to make it on your own but how do you not acknowledge not only a fellow fallen emcee from your hometown but, a once label mate and collaborator who was at least three times as big as you. He even went out of his way to mention some unknown rapper he went to high school with. Couple that with his quotes about Mac from different interviews etc it makes it obvious that there was some riff there

Wiz doesn’t owe Mac homage.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
See You Again was big because of Paul Walker's passing. Wiz wasn't even supposed to be on it, they were shopping it around to diff artists. It was going to blow regardless. Wiz impacted the culture yes, but Mac outlasted him and it's no comparison. Mac has worked with everyone from Migos to John Myer. Wiz's hype died after Taylor Allerdice, and I like Wiz but no.
Breh you are smoking dope if you think Mac was as ever as big as Wiz. Name ONE hit Mac had that was anywhere near as big as Wizs. Yeah, Wiz aint hot as he used to be, but in his prime dude was everywhere, you rarely ever heard Mac get radio play. Mac had a following, but to say hes a bigger artist than Wiz is straight BS breh.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq

Timestamped

RIP Mac, but he never was a bigger rapper than Wiz:stopitslime:

SnowflakesByTheOZ

Sorry, that's another B
Daps
Breh you are smoking dope if you think Mac was as ever as big as Wiz. Name ONE hit Mac had that was anywhere near as big as Wizs. Yeah, Wiz aint hot as he used to be, but in his prime dude was everywhere, you rarely ever heard Mac get radio play. Mac had a following, but to say hes a bigger artist than Wiz is straight BS breh.
Mac had a bigger following so that makes him the bigger artist... Wiz maybe has has a couple bigger songs. But Mac is the bigger artist. Lupe doesn't have a song as big as Panda is Desiigner the bigger artist ?

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
Wiz has surpassed rap music breh, and even his most recent album outsold Macs last 3 albums :russ: