Did Wiz have some kind of beef with Mac Miller ?

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I don’t understand what Wiz owed Mac Miller just because they came from the same city. If they didn’t fukk with each other then they didn’t fukks each each other
That's the thing, they did fukk with each other back then but after awhile something happened. I don't know how cool they were but it seemed they were some what cool with each other for sure.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal

Timestamped

Mike asks him about other rappers from Pittsburgh and he doesn't mention Mac at all. He basically says nobody else came up from Pittsburgh, a couple underground guys behind the scene but nobody you could put a name on. That's a highkey spit in the face to me. Am I missing something ?

I remember when Mac passed and all he did was send out a tweet that seemed very by the way

They were both signed to Rostrum and came up the same time in the same lane

I do remember one interview where they asked Wiz about Mac, this is before he died. He said something like "there's only so much you can do to help someone"

I know they probably weren't as close behind the scenes but purposely leaving him out of notable rappers from your home town ? shyt Mac is a bigger rapper than Wiz himself

Mac isn't bigger than Wiz. No one even knew him until his dumb ass OD after half the industry telling him to chill the fukk out.

He never brings him up because he's a hype and probably 95 % of people don't even know he from there:yeshrug:

getmoney310cpt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Compton CA/Rosecrans Ave
My input may not be from the hip-hop all in the mix, musical perspective, but it's from a "being around"..."kinda knowing" perspective. My late teen/early 20's were out and about years. I've been "around" Wiz. No whore groupie shyt. Just people chilling. The Show & Prove, Deal or No Deal, & Kush & Orange Juice days. Later on I even remember the initial Amber Rose after Kanye days. Anyway, as time went on..years later...growing up...not to give too much away I was around his mom and her bestie. Wiz is a great guy. Not just on some avoiding problems to stay unproblematic. That's just how he is BUT he can be and there's some problematic people on his behalf.
Getting to the point at hand, Wiz blew up and Mac had been coming up too. But Mac's come up was...different. He didn't blow up like Wiz. In my ever so humble opinion it was due to him not having the same skill, determination, realism. Also,where he was from in seperated/segregated ass Pittsburgh played a part on both of their levels of success.. For example Mac got no play on WAMO. But 96.1 loved him. There were performances, but Mac didn't perform everywhere. Pittsburgh's a college kid town. Basically, they didn't have the same fan base. (Almost) Everyone was happy when he made it too. fukk it. It's Da 'Burgh. But when he died it was basically, "What did anyone expect?" That's how western PA is. These...others...are on those opioids.
To the point; I guarantee Wiz meant no disrespect towards Mac. There was no "hating" at all. shyt, if I can get into the CP archives for receipts I remember the love that was shown between the two of them along with love being by Wiz shown when Mac passed.

So you from PGH? and is Wiz Crip or nah lol

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
That's the thing, they did fukk with each other back then but after awhile something happened. I don't know how cool they were but it seemed they were some what cool with each other for sure.
Mac getting hooked on lean and popping pills happened.

I don't think they were really close to begin with.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member

The circles that both of them ran in, in LA, are very small. I am sure that they had a falling out at a party or partying.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
outside of Koolaid and Frozen Pizza and Nike's on my Feet, I couldn't tell you another Mac Miller song without googling it. Wiz was a much much much bigger artist no matter how you try to spin it. He was a good artist but at most he had a cult following but he wasn't a crossover star like Wiz.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
The circles that both of them ran in, in LA, are very small. I am sure that they had a falling out at a party or partying.
Facts something happened between them because they used to be real cool. The reason I even checked out Mac's tape called KIDS (Kicking Incredibly Dope shyt) was cause of Wiz who had fire mixtapes at the time and them being affiliated due to Rostrum Records.

outside of Koolaid and Frozen Pizza and Nike's on my Feet, I couldn't tell you another Mac Miller song without googling it. Wiz was a much much much bigger artist no matter how you try to spin it. He was a good artist but at most he had a cult following but he wasn't a crossover star like Wiz.
Wiz is even in an oreo commercial for crying out loud lol. nikkas tripping!