Did Wiz have some kind of beef with Mac Miller ?

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
It's weird because they were tight when they were coming up that's for sure, they both even went to the same high school so they had a history together and it sucks Wiz won't even acknowledge him but I guess as others said on here, Wiz probably distanced himself after all the junkie shyt Mac was on.

As for who was the bigger artist, a lot of you nikkas need to stop lying. Wiz made more money and had the bigger fan base. Mac he was cool with a lot of people and is the better artist for sure as far as talent and ability but Wiz made more money while Mac had relationships with many people due to his talent and creating a cool environment for artist in his studio or home or whatever.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
It's weird because they were tight when they were coming up that's for sure, they both even went to the same high school so they had a history together and it sucks Wiz won't even acknowledge him but I guess as others said on here, Wiz probably distanced himself after all the junkie shyt Mac was on.

As for who was the bigger artist, a lot of you nikkas need to stop lying. Wiz made more money and had the bigger fan base. Mac he was cool with a lot of people and is the better artist for sure as far as talent and ability but Wiz made more money while Mac had relationships with many people due to his talent and creating a cool environment for artist in his studio or home or whatever.
Wiz is 5 years older than Mac, what does him going to the same older have to do with anything?

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
i remember somewhere Wiz explained that quote was in reference to Mac's drug problem.

and he doesn't owe that junkie shyt :gucci:

Wiz knew him from the mud, so to watch him destroy himself had to be disheartening.
The rostrum connection is prolly what caused the strain ultimately. Janky muthafukka(s) over there. There was some real talent in Pittsburgh back then, my brother was working with a couple of really talented producers at the time, and once Wiz blew up, them rostrum guys (and Wiz) started acting like they were the best thing to ever happen.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps

Timestamped

Mike asks him about other rappers from Pittsburgh and he doesn't mention Mac at all. He basically says nobody else came up from Pittsburgh, a couple underground guys behind the scene but nobody you could put a name on. That's a highkey spit in the face to me. Am I missing something ?

I remember when Mac passed and all he did was send out a tweet that seemed very by the way

They were both signed to Rostrum and came up the same time in the same lane

I do remember one interview where they asked Wiz about Mac, this is before he died. He said something like "there's only so much you can do to help someone"

I know they probably weren't as close behind the scenes but purposely leaving him out of notable rappers from your home town ? shyt Mac is a bigger rapper than Wiz himself

From my understanding Wiz talked to Mac about his drug usage before..but Mac wasn't tryna hear it.

Plus Wiz little bit older and got a kid and didn't get down with all the fukkery Mac was involved with...dude has mental issues, depressed and taking opiates...

Why would Wiz wanna be around that shyt when Mac wasn't his real day one homie.

And :mjlol: @ saying Mac was a bigger rapper than Wiz.

Wiz put Mac and all those Pittsburgh rappers on.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
On topic tho yeah, Mac was never bigger than Wiz. Wiz when he came out had the influence of his look, being a weed rapper, Kush and OJ. He just been getting bigger ever since, Mac kinda stayed in the same lane the entire time. Mac's biggest hit was Best Day Ever and like Donald Trump lol. He don't have a We Dem Boyz, or Black and Yellow, those songs were (and in some places still are) EVERYWHERE.

That boy Wiz unintentionally made a pep rally song for the Steelers and Cowboys. Both them songs were huge.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Wiz is 5 years older than Mac, what does him going to the same older have to do with anything?
They still part of the same Alumni and was even signed to the same record label, I brought that up to say he knows who Mac is and should have acknowledged him. Simple and plain.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Bro when Wiz popped off huge I was 11-12, and saw dudes putting blonde patches and having him as their Facebook header lmaoo.. I wasn’t that young and saw his impact :russ:
Wiz was one of the main celebs rocking the nappy fro.
Years before the "Duke Starting five" cut became popular, .

Dude had a huge impact on culture.