Did your daddy ever tell you "I love you"?

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
I don't believe he ever did. But he was a man of his time growing up in the 50s and 60s east TX. He more than showed it through his actions though. I've told my daughter "I love you" everyday of her life for 12 years though

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
What snacks?

IMG-4127.webp
My favorite kind. He probably threw a party and served him to his guest.

:mjcry:

Thick_Necc_Jenkins

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Nope. :francis: bytch ass muthafukka told me he ashamed of me for being a cripple as he drove buses for Sportran after dropping out of Texas AM and having 6 b*stard boy children he ain't raise..including two boys he had in marriage.

fukk fathers like him

Tess Lies

Sometimes....
Daps
Reppin
District 11
I speak to my dad several times throughout the week. I know I can call on him for anything, and sometimes he even shows up right on time with things that I need. We have a great relationship.

The last time he uttered an I love you was around the time my mom died... 12 years ago. :mjlol::yeshrug:

EDIT: to answer the rest of the question, I broke down many years ago about the fact that he didn't say it, and he looked at me like :gucci: and was kinda offended that I even suggested that he didn't. Moms used to say it all the time, so it was probably the deficit that got to me at the time.

Last edited:

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
Probably saw my dad like twice a year growing up. Maybe on my birthday and Christmas. Guy was a stranger. When I did see him, he’d say he loves me. I never said it back because it was weird :francis:

He’s deceased now from dementia. Growing up without him made me hardened and I have a hard time dealing with emotions and all that crap. I say it to my son though so he won’t be all cold hearted like me :mjcry:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Meh... I dont really remember when I was young. He barely came by or called. Now when we talk he'll say it, but it's not that big a deal. I don't get sentimental or emotional over these things these days.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Has your father ever told you he loved you? And if not, did it bother you? Or did you just understand. My pops who passed in 2021 never told me he loved me verbally.
your posts make so much more sense now

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
your posts make so much more sense now
What does my postings have to do with my daddy never telling me verbally he loved me? Your the 2nd person who said this but I'm trying to see how I'm perceived on this board.

Traveler

All Star
Daps
My pops was a man of very few words. He let his actions speak. But you knew that man loved his family. Especially his grand kids. The way you would see his face light up when he had them. Plus he always would hold them and fall asleep with them. I'm like him in so ways but I do make an effort to tell my son I love him. Probably not as much as I should though.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Thinking about it …more than a few times but always in cards … but he raised me in a loving two parent home and did everything for me financially and otherwise and encouraged and supported me so I could tell growing up and can still now.

Last edited:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Funny thing is, growing up my pops would tell me that he love me, but moms never said it. She didn’t tell me until I was grown with kids, only after I would tell her, I had to show her that it was okay to say it. But pops? Yeah he was the nurturer. Moms was the hardcore parent.
I wild. I never heard someone explain my childhood before.

That was my same situation.