Mr. 1nighter

On my grown man steeze
Daps
Reppin
Columbus
:mjtf:

Ain’t no black parties or clubs bumpin immortal technique or chino XL

:deadmanny:

You talking smooth out yo azz. Black folks love to hear hit songs just like everybody else.
Outside of their hits the albums weren’t getting bumped like that. Lox and Jada had quotables. Not so much with the dipset albums. Imo

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Off the top of my head...Cam could have done:

Let Me Know
Losin Weight
Where Im From
Come Home w/ Me
Random verses from their mixtape run

Lox won the Versus...but yall going to far with the hate.

the Diplomats made the mistake of thinking that shyt was going to be about fame and popularity...but it really turned into a lovefest for 90s/00s NYC rap

Cam featuring random Dipset affiliates would have been a lot more successful.

Jimmy and Santana were never the spitters...

For example...Jim Jones doing Purple City fell flat because that song is all about Un Kasa

They probably didnt even think to have someone like Hell Rell come out to This is What I do...
...but as funny as it sounds...I bet the crowd would have gotten live for that shyt

:dead:

Mr. 1nighter

On my grown man steeze
Daps
Reppin
Columbus
you couldn't walk outside and start rapping something from Dipset the group (not cam) and people would start rapping along or knew what you were talking about until the hook.

Dipset was a movement based on style and "swag". They didn't really have a lot substance to their music. They fathered this new era IMO.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
you couldn't walk outside and start rapping something from Dipset the group (not cam) and people would start rapping along or knew what you were talking about until the hook.

Dipset was a movement based on style and "swag". They didn't really have a lot substance to their music. They fathered this new era IMO.

Thats false and the crowd at MSG also disagrees with you. They were rapping along with dipset more than the lox actually.

Juelz had substance and Jones had PLENTY of substance.

And most of dipset had BARZ. For some reason, you didn't mention writer, 40, rell, gist, kasa, bezel or penz.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Hairlines pushed back, no breath control, pot bellys, dentures…sad sight. You can’t do anything about your hair but those other things are choices. These dudes were the coolest dudes on the block, clowning older legends. Now Hov and Nas look and sound younger.

I hated Dipset back then. The arrogance, the ignorance…granted I was on that conscious rap tip back then and liked some Cam songs but overall wasn’t feeling the energy they put out. It felt like I was being hustled by conmen. And on that stage there they are in full display as the cons they always were. Lox are professional MCs. I thought Dipset would win off hits alone but they couldn’t even halfway rock the crowd. They didn’t care about the craft. They wanted to be cool old struggling looking dudes. It didn’t work.
:francis:

Perfectly sums up how I feel.

Mr. 1nighter

On my grown man steeze
Daps
Reppin
Columbus
Thats false and the crowd at MSG also disagrees with you. They were rapping along with dipset more than the lox actually.

Juelz had substance and Jones had PLENTY of substance.

And most of dipset had BARZ. For some reason, you didn't mention writer, 40, rell, gist, kasa, bezel or penz.
Those guys you mentioned at the end have bars but they aren't core 'Dipset'.