Disney’s new movie ‘Strange World’ features their first-ever openly gay teenage character. And he’s black.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
First question, no but it'll make an interesting debate. Second question is definitely yes.
LGBT been normalized. They just make the mistake of thinking that people are willing to pay for an LGBT experience, and they're not.
I think the ultimate goal is to make LGBT so fashionable that all of Black society embraces it to the point it has a noticeable effect on our population numbers.
Moreover, they want our kids amenable to it to create more Zaya Wades that turn into EJ Johnsons.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
LGBT been normalized. They just make the mistake of thinking that people are willing to pay for an LGBT experience, and they're not.
I think the ultimate goal is to make LGBT so fashionable that all of Black society embraces it to the point it has a noticeable effect on our population numbers.
Moreover, they want our kids amenable to it to create more Zaya Wades that turn into EJ Johnsons.
:ehh:That's fair.

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
Hollywood is overestimating 1) how many gay people there are and 2)how much straight people care about gay shyt.

Speaking from a pure marketing perspective, the LGBT are a niche demographic. They're not mainstream.
The number of gay people is important because not everyone you see waving a rainbow flag is LGBT.
Young people, especially women, swell the numbers but end up phasing out of the LGBT community as they mature.
Or, they turn into "passive" LGBT, meaning they've had some gay encounters in the past, currently live a heteronormative life but still claim the gang.

They keep taking L's on this in entertainment and aren't taking the hint.
Solo, where they recast a character (Lando Calrissian) known for being a ladykiller as LGBT= Flop
The Buzz Lightyear movie with the lesbian couple = Flop
New Proud Family = Flop
Bros - Huge flop
This shyt is probably gonna flop too.

People have noticed the push of LGBT in kid's entertainment and they don't like it.
They stay silent for fear of being call a homophobe and just stay away from these movies and shows.
Shows like Pose and Drag Race are popular with LGBT, their allies and nobody else. Hwood mistakes that success as mainstream success because they think everybody is watching.

TL;DR - Hollywood keeps trying to market LGBT shyt to straight people and kids and we don't want it

Lando wasn’t LGBT in Solo he was robosexual

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hollywood is overestimating 1) how many gay people there are and 2)how much straight people care about gay shyt.
Yeah. I think it's a social media echo chamber.
The left does it and loses money in films where they forced some diversity in and didn't bother with a decent script. The right does it where they talk about nothing but transgenders in bathrooms, and lose elections cause they can't be bothered to talk about their plan to lower gas and grocery prices.
They keep taking L's on this in entertainment and aren't taking the hint.
Solo, where they recast a character (Lando Calrissian) known for being a ladykiller as LGBT= Flop
The Buzz Lightyear movie with the lesbian couple = Flop
New Proud Family = Flop
Bros - Huge flop
This shyt is probably gonna flop too.
The Eternals too where they made the only Black character in the entire movie (Paperboi) an alphabet = flop
Y'all really reaching with some of these examples tho. Just let a mid movie be mid. Eternals wasn't gonna be good if they made Phastos hetero. :yeshrug:

Who's goal is this? Be specific.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Thought this was a fun movie but the way they shoe-horned the gay stuff in wasn’t natural in any way. Honestly it was shoe-horned in so blatantly that seamless editing could probably wipe it right out without even noticing.
It’s like that so it can be cut out for the Chinese release.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Seems to have way less to do with there being gay people in the movie and more to do with it sucking, Disney knowing it sucked, and Disney still going through with a theatrical release to meet potential holiday demand. This should have been a Disney+ exclusive.

To me it also highlights just how much money is being wasted in the streaming era. Netflix could likely make 200-300mil simply by putting Knives Out in theaters for an extended period of time. Instead they're doing a limited theater release and hoping that convinces more people to return to Netflix. Amazon spent massive amounts on LOTR/Rings Of Power and it doesn't seem like the show has had good legs. And of course Disney basically has to hope that Avatar 2 grosses 2bil in order to make a profit. In short, lots of insane decisions and money being set on fire.

Disney is bringing back their old CEO and think that will fix things. Maybe it will, creatively. Maybe not. One thing is clear to me: they don't think the "woke" stuff is the problem, and I think they're right on that. They've gotta fix costs in general, and how streaming factors in to all of this.

Bmezy

All Star
Daps

But we gotta really look at how these institutions think about the demographic stats.
..you make some good points.. but, the uptick in LGBT representation you see in the media isn’t because studios are trying to bait the GP for box office smashes.. you’re thinking about it all wrong.. They know the films will flop.. their main goals are assimilation through diversity/inclusion and it’s skewed towards Gen Z. They’re targeting closeted LGBTQ.. by making THEM comfortable to ‘come out’ ..

when the temperature changed about homosexuality in 09/10, a lot of people who wouldn’t have ‘came out’ or even acted on their attractions, now felt comfortable to live in the open, due to the acceptable environment that they now to lived in. I only know to be true because since then several family members 25 and younger begin ‘coming out the closet’ as either gay or bisexual.
-That’s why Gen Z has a near 20% rate of ppl that ‘identify’ as LGBTQ+ That’s like 1 in every 5 ppl ..it’s why casts in major films/shows has 1 rainbow character for every 6-7 group of ppl.

-It’s also the reason why elders in their 60s/70s are giving their peers heart attacks by coming out as gay.

They really trying to normalize it and make acceptable in society and pop culture. I don’t think they’re trying to indoctrinate straight ppl, but moreso get the attention of closet gays/bisexuals.. so they’d come out and join their cause. it’s happening slowly.. as on era dies, the next is strengthening. They won that shyt.

Imagine if we as black ppl could mobilize like that..