Dj akademiks talked to Drake & Reveals secret info on Kanye and Pusha T

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't follow these guys on Twitter, so I wouldn't have known about what the article took out of context.

In terms of how Drake looks after the fact, I never once referenced the black face or him being a deadbeat father. You were talking about

^^^ That is what I meant about him not caring about how he looks. Drake often puts himself in those types of positions. Of course he's going to do damage control on the black face and being a dead beat father because that damages his brand.

I don't fault you for not knowing breh.

But the fact of the matter is Rolling Stone did a long ass interview with Mailk Yusef (over an hour) about various topics....and literally cut the entire thing down to one poorly edited sentence that makes Drake look like the victim. I don't know how anyone can look at something like that....and not acknowledge all this as a concerted effort to protect him.

Fred.

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
This makes no sense whatsoever.

So you're saying Drake threw shots at Ye on "Duppy", knowing he leaked the info....but wasn't smart enough to address that in either the song, or an interview....just went at Good Music full throttle knowing they could ruin "March 14th" and/or his alleged Adidas deal....never once thought to himself "maybe I should cut their legs off by putting this info out myself"....

Yeah. That's retarded.

Fred.

He's calling out the hypocrisy of Pusha talking about him not writing shyt when the man he's standing next to isn't writing shyt, He's not saying that shyt because he believes Kanye leaked anything at that point

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
These boys like the gossip girls now?

Either drop a track on stfu

This man made a track going at you, your momma, your Dad, your Child, your babymama, and best friend and producer..

If he don't have the heart to speak on whatever these "secrets" then just fall back and take your L

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
Yall want to act like Drake dropped some ether on Kanye in the Duppy freestyle to try and justify him doing that snake ass shyt

get the fukk outta here :bryan:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't fault you for not knowing breh.

But the fact of the matter is Rolling Stone did a long ass interview with Mailk Yusef (over an hour) about various topics....and literally cut the entire thing down to one poorly edited sentence that makes Drake look like the victim. I don't know how anyone can look at something like that....and not acknowledge all this as a concerted effort to protect him.

Fred.

How does that article protect Drake? If things went down like it is implied in the article, it should be put out there. There's nothing in Yusef's statement that makes Drake look like a victim. What I took from Yusef's quotes is this:

1) He heard a story about Drake playing Kanye some songs.

2) People need to be careful what they say and who they say it to (this is what was taken out of context because this is a general cliché and only applies to this situation because information was shared that shouldn't have been shared).

GetRichOrDieTryin

Superstar
Daps
so everyone belives pusha exposed drake

but when drake says this happened everyone is like nah nah we dont believe this

however, lets not forget the story was already out months ago :dead:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How does that article protect Drake? If things went down like it is implied in the article, it should be put out there. There's nothing in Yusef's statement that makes Drake look like a victim. What I took from Yusef's quotes is this:

1) He heard a story about Drake playing Kanye some songs.

2) People need to be careful what they say and who they say it to (this is what was taken out of context because this is a general cliché and only applies to this situation because information was shared that shouldn't have been shared).

Regardless of whether or not you see it, people took it as "this 100% confirms Drake ignoring Push to go after Ye". Which is why he had to explain himself on Twitter in the first place.

And that's obviously the story Drake is running with. So yeah....it makes Drake look like the victim reacting to mean ol Good Music sabotaging his album.

Nothing was implied in the original interview. He said "I heard about that" then they went on to discuss other shyt for a full hour. They took "I heard about that" and turned it into a completely different article with quotes from Drake's camp....and then people like you (no offense) misinterpreted it as some kind of confirmation.

And he goes into a lot more detail on Twitter....the "people need to be careful about what they say, etc." was directed at Drake's camp....because again, he thinks they leaked the info. But Rolling Stone conveniently left all that out.:jbhmm:

Fred.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Regardless of whether or not you see it, people took it as "this 100% confirms Drake ignoring Push to go after Ye". Which is why he had to explain himself on Twitter in the first place.

And that's the story Drake is running with obviously. So yeah....it makes Drake look like the victim reacting to mean ol Good Music sabotaging his album.

Nothing was implied in the article. He said "I heard about that" then they went on to discuss other shyt for a full hour. They took "I heard about that" and turned it into a full article with quotes from Drake's camp....and then people like you (no offense) misinterpreted it as some kind of confirmation.

And he goes into a lot more detail on Twitter....the "people need to be careful about what they say, etc." was directed at Drake's camp....because again, he thinks they leaked the info. But Rolling Stone conveniently left all that out.:jbhmm:

Fred.

People run with what they are going to run with. You got people that are running the other with it and taking it as the articles are his response and therefore another L. No, the articles are journalism.

Drake is running with what? Has he even came forward and confirmed or denied anything being said.

He said he heard Drake played Kanye some songs. I interpreted as "well, maybe Drake played Kanye some songs and maybe he did in turn share whatever was played. I mean it is music".

Rollingstone didn't leave anything out. Like I said, it's a general quote that can be taken many ways.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
People run with what they are going to run with. You got people that are running the other with it and taking it as the articles are his response and therefore another L. No, the articles are journalism.

Drake is running with what? Has he even came forward and confirmed or denied anything being said.

He said he heard Drake played Kanye some songs. I interpreted as "well, maybe Drake played Kanye some songs and maybe he did in turn share whatever was played. I mean it is music".

Rollingstone didn't leave anything out. Like I said, it's a general quote that can be taken many ways.

:what:

Rolling Stone left out 60+ minutes of the interview. If they approached him like "yeah, let's talk about this Drake/Ye thing in depth"....different story. They did an interview under the guise of discussing his career with Kanye and literally only used a soundbite that was widely misinterpreted. Malik Yusef point blank said his statement was edited on Twitter.

If you don't got a problem with their "journalism"....I don't even know what to say.

As far as the bolded:

I guess this is the part where someone says "why believe Ak?"....why don't Drake come out and say he ain't talked to Ak, because this is the second time Ak has claimed he got info directly from him. But contradicting Ak doesn't help Drake, so :manny:

Fred.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what:

Rolling Stone left out 60+ minutes of the interview. If they approached him like "yeah, let's talk about this Drake/Ye thing in depth"....different story. They did an interview under the guise of discussing his career with Kanye and literally only used a soundbite that was widely misinterpreted. Malik Yusef point blank said his statement was edited on Twitter.

If you don't got a problem with their "journalism"....I don't even know what to say.

As far as the bolded:

I guess this is the part where someone says "why believe Ak?"....why don't Drake come out and say he ain't talked to Ak, because this is the second time Ak has claimed he got info directly from him. But contradicting Ak doesn't help Drake, so :manny:

Fred.

The article is about Drake's "March 14", why would they focus in on parts of a Malik Yusef interview that had nothing to do with that was possibly an entirely separate interview.Interviews happen all the time where they take relevant excerpts and insert them into other articles. I mean there's articles everywhere where there's an entire interview with an artist talking about one thing, but then there's an outtake that surfaces that's discussing something else. So if they have 1 hour long interview with Malik Yusef, the entirety of what he said will be released.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
There were only rumors. No one knew if it really was his or not. Drake was going to make it public with this album before the pusha beef

He big mad nikkas fukked up his album rollout:laff:
So sorry you didn't get to suprise nikkas with news of your accident baby:martin:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup.

Drake kept his most profitable fan base - this won't hurt his pockets too much.

But he lost hip-hop. Its over for him here.

As much as he loves the fortune and fame he's gotten from his pop/R&B fans...he craves hip-hop's respect.

It's going to take some time for it to really sink in for him.

It's been over since those ghostwriting allegations. If you have drake in your top 5 let alone top 20 you are not a real hip hop head.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
He's calling out the hypocrisy of Pusha talking about him not writing shyt when the man he's standing next to isn't writing shyt, He's not saying that shyt because he believes Kanye leaked anything at that point

What about the hypocrisy of 6fraud continuously calling out Pusha for being a fake drug dealer when his boss Lil Wayne is also a fake drug dealer who has said very c00nish things :jbhmm: