Dj akademiks talked to Drake & Reveals secret info on Kanye and Pusha T

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
only a sucker or a stan believes this spin machine shyt.

real heads know drake just lost.
Yup.

Drake kept his most profitable fan base - this won't hurt his pockets too much.

But he lost hip-hop. Its over for him here.

As much as he loves the fortune and fame he's gotten from his pop/R&B fans...he craves hip-hop's respect.

It's going to take some time for it to really sink in for him.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah man....that's not the same at all.

The Pac or Nas/Jay shyt was cited in rap bars....so after the fact the minutia of it being explained wasn't essential, but it gave the lyrics context.

This is a spin job because none of this shyt is being addressed in music....it's being addressed in "leaked info" to Rolling Stone and Ak. Drake himself ain't saying shyt....at all....about any of this....he's just releasing tightly controlled info to media outlets and letting people's imagination do the rest. That's the definition of a spin job.

If Drake directly accuses Kanye of this in a verse, it's official. Doesn't even matter if it's factual honestly, I'm saying if this is what he's accusing him of, then come out and say it. If he doesn't care enough to do that....then why would rap fans be invested in it?

Fred.

And no there was a lot left out of the Pac/Biggie beef that was later elaborated on by other people around them during the time. Same goes for the Jay/Nas beef. I mean people could hear records that proved Jay kept Nas name in his music. Nobody knew it went beyond that to near obsession until Carmen did interviews talking about Jay would randomly ask about Nas while they were together.

A spin job isn't leaking information and letting the imagination of people do the rest. A spin job is taking information that is already available and twisting it to one's advantage. Leaking new information isn't a spin job. It's not leaked info because the information from the Rolling Stone article came from T-Minus who worked on "March 14" (the song where Drake addresses the "hidden" child) and Malik Yusef (who is a part of Kanye's camp). There's also the fact that T-Minus supposedly worked on an earlier version.

Rap fans are invested in it because this is information that is already out there. There just wasn't context for it before.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And no there was a lot left out of the Pac/Biggie beef that was later elaborated on by other people around them during the time. Same goes for the Jay/Nas beef. I mean people could hear records that proved Jay kept Nas name in his music. Nobody knew it went beyond that to near obsession until Carmen did interviews talking about Jay would randomly ask about Nas while they were together.

A spin job isn't leaking information and letting the imagination of people do the rest. A spin job is taking information that is already available and twisting it to one's advantage. Leaking new information isn't a spin job. It's not leaked info because the information from the Rolling Stone article came from T-Minus who worked on "March 14" (the song where Drake addresses the "hidden" child) and Malik Yusef (who is a part of Kanye's camp). There's also the fact that T-Minus supposedly worked on an earlier version.

Rap fans are invested in it because this is information that is already out there. There just wasn't context for it before.

Elaborating on things discussed in songs =/= what's going on here. Carmen was discussed in music....Nas and Jay had been throwing subs for years....later Carmen exposes how obsessed with Nas Jay is. There's context there.

There hasn't been a single Drake bar that directly addresses any of this.

As far as the Rolling Stone interview, T-Minus never confirmed anything. Neither did Malik Yusef. T-Minus said he never heard the song until it was released....meaning he has no way of knowing when it was recorded....and Malik Yusef said he wasn't even in Wyoming but "he heard the story". Meaning, he's aware of the rumor Drake played the song.
If you're telling me Drake's camp just came out with this info 2-3 days after Joe Budden mentioned it, totally unprompted....
DKt04lZ.png

And now Billboard is running with story, despite there being literally no proof whatsoever:

Drake's 'March 14' Was Crafted Prior to Pusha-T's 'The Story of Adidon,' Producers Say

Drake is letting people run with conspiracy theories and using Ak as a proxy because directly addressing this would open him to a bunch of questions he can't answer. Like any conspiracy theory, it sounds good until you analyze it.

And a spin job is whatever changes the narrative to paint a person or situation in positive light. That's literally the definition of the term, and what's going on here.

Fred.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Elaborating on things discussed in songs =/= what's going on here. Carmen was discussed in music....Nas and Jay had been throwing subs for years....later Carmen exposes how obsessed with Nas Jay is. There's context there.

There hasn't been a single Drake bar that directly addresses any of this.

As far as the Rolling Stone interview, T-Minus never confirmed anything. Neither did Malik Yusef. T-Minus said he never heard the song until it was released....meaning he has no way of knowing when it was recorded....and Malik Yusef said he wasn't even in Wyoming but "he heard the story". Meaning, he's aware of the rumor Drake played the song.
If you're telling me Drake's camp just came out with this info 2-3 days after Joe Budden mentioned it, totally unprompted....
DKt04lZ.png

And now Billboard is running with story, despite there being literally no proof whatsoever:

Drake's 'March 14' Was Crafted Prior to Pusha-T's 'The Story of Adidon,' Producers Say

Drake is letting people run with conspiracy theories and using Ak as a proxy because directly addressing this would open him to a bunch of questions he can't answer. Like any conspiracy theory, it sounds good until you analyze it.

And a spin job is whatever changes the narrative to paint a person or situation in positive light. That's literally the definition of the term, and what's going on here.

Fred.

Carmen was discussed in music just like Drake's child has been discussed which is why the articles coming out add context. And she was never addressed by name in music until Jay did the double entendre with the play on her name. Even then, no one knew it was a double entendre unless you read the Nas interview from The Source a few months before "Super Ugly" dropped.

Pusha and Drake weren't friends and have thrown shots for years. So how would Pusha even know Drake was using the child to promote the new album?

T-Minus didn't hear the version of "March 14" that everybody else heard until the album dropped. That article is about what Drake revealed in the first iteration of the song and not about the diss. See that's the fallacy of this whole thing. You got people trying to make this seem like it's some kind of a exit plan where Drake is trying to escape responding to Pusha. That's the spin. Drake doesn't need an exit plan because he already took the L when J Prince said there wasn't a response.

The caption on the Rollingstone article clearly reads:

“March 14” seems like a response to Pusha-T’s scathing diss. But producers say Drake’s record came first

And according to the article, Drake played early versions of "March 14". This is the account of Malik Yusef, who is in Kanye's camp. Even though he was admittedly not there when Drake played the song(s), he heard about it. Drake was in fact in Wyoming where a lot of these 7 song albums were recorded because he's credited on one of the songs from Ye's album. When reports surfaced that Kanye was in Wyoming, Drake was one of the names mentioned. In fact, it was implied that Drake and Kanye were doing a joint album.

Nobody's running with conspiracy theories.

And there's spin jobs on both sides, but the information about "March 14" isn't a spin job.

YourSavior

Your Savior
Daps
Reppin
BOSTON
....ak is naive as fk.

Pusha was just replying to two birds one stone... who gives a fukk about who heard and did what.

Duppy freestyle spawned all of this.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Carmen was discussed in music just like Drake's child has been discussed which is why the articles coming out add context. And she was never addressed by name in music until Jay did the double entendre with the play on her name. Even then, no one knew it was a double entendre unless you read the Nas interview from The Source a few months before "Super Ugly" dropped.

Pusha and Drake weren't friends and have thrown shots for years. So how would Pusha even know Drake was using the child to promote the new album?

T-Minus didn't hear the version of "March 14" that everybody else heard until the album dropped. That article is about what Drake revealed in the first iteration of the song and not about the diss. See that's the fallacy of this whole thing. You got people trying to make this seem like it's some kind of a exit plan where Drake is trying to escape responding to Pusha. That's the spin. Drake doesn't need an exit plan because he already took the L when J Prince said there wasn't a response.

The caption on the Rollingstone article clearly reads:

And according to the article, Drake played early versions of "March 14". This is the account of Malik Yusef, who is in Kanye's camp. Even though he was admittedly not there when Drake played the song(s), he heard about it. Drake was in fact in Wyoming where a lot of these 7 song albums were recorded because he's credited on one of the songs from Ye's album. When reports surfaced that Kanye was in Wyoming, Drake was one of the names mentioned. In fact, it was implied that Drake and Kanye were doing a joint album.

Nobody's running with conspiracy theories.

And there's spin jobs on both sides, but the information about "March 14" isn't a spin job.

Breh, what are you reading? Nowhere in that article does Malik Yusef confirm anything. He said "I do know that story", meaning he's aware of the rumors.

As far as T-Minus....he said Drake laid vocals on the beat, but he had no idea what the song was about, and didn't hear the song until it came out. Meaning the beat existed, and Drake used it prior to "March 14th"....but that's it.

I know what the caption states, but neither person they talked to says that. It's clickbait as fukk.

As far as how Push would know any of this....gee, I dunno, because Drake's camp ain't solid? Between the reference tracks leaking....Meek having "Summer 16" before it came out....and Mo-G exposing how the camp operates it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that someone gave Push the info.

Matter of fact, never mind all that. Why doesn't Drake just come out and plainly state all this? And, what is the timeline for this? Because if Drake didn't know Kanye leaked this info, why did he diss him on "Duppy"? If he dissed him for no reason then how is Kanye leaking the info out of bounds?

And if Drake did know Ye leaked it....then why not come out and 100% directly address this shyt before "The Story Of Adidon" even comes out, killing the momentum of that diss record? shyt doesn't add up, at all.

Lastly, this isn't an exit plan for not responding. It's an exit plan for looking like a bytch because J. Prince made him not respond. Now it's "oh well, I'm ignoring Pusha T because my real beef is with his boss"....which still doesn't make any sense because all he's doing is throwing light subs.

Fred.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, what are you reading? Nowhere in that article does it say Malik Yusef said that. He said "he heard that", meaning he's aware of the rumors.

As far as T-Minus....he said Drake laid vocals on the beat, but he had no idea what the song was about, and didn't hear the song until it came out. Meaning the beat existed, and Drake used it prior to "March 14th"....but that's it.

I know what the caption states, but neither person they talked to says that. It's clickbait as fukk.

As far as how Push would know any of this....gee, I dunno, because Drake's camp ain't solid? Between the reference tracks leaking....Meek having "Summer 16" before it came out....and Mo-G exposing how the camp operates it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that someone gave Push the info.

Matter of fact, never mind all that. Why doesn't Drake just come out and plainly state all this? And, what is the timeline for this? Because if Drake didn't know Kanye leaked this info, why did he diss him on "Duppy"? If he dissed him for no reason on that song then how is Kanye leaking the info out of bounds?

And if Drake did know Ye leaked it....then why not come out and 100% directly address this shyt before "The Story Of Adidon" even comes out, killing the momentum of that diss record? shyt doesn't add up, at all.

Lastly, this isn't an exit plan for not responding. It's an exit plan for looking like a bytch because J. Prince made him not respond. Now it's "oh well, I'm ignoring Pusha T because my real beef is with his boss"....which still doesn't make any sense because all he's doing is throwing light subs.

Fred.

Direct quote from Malik Yusef:

“I was not there, but I do know that story: [Drake] played early versions of those songs and so on and so forth,” says Malik Yusef

Drake's camp not being solid doesn't have anything to do with this situation. This is far different from reference tracks leaking especially when Quentin's name already appeared in the credits to some of those songs.

Yeah, Drake should come out and plainly say it.

How would he have known what Pusha T had on him before "Story of Adidon".

Breh Drake cannot save face from not responding to a diss. Why would he care how he looked after the fact? If this all of this adds up, this isn't even about the music anymore.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Direct quote from Malik Yusef:

Drake's camp not being solid doesn't have anything to do with this situation. This is far different from reference tracks leaking especially when Quentin's name already appeared in the credits to some of those songs.

Yeah, Drake should come out and plainly say it.

How would he have known what Pusha T had on him before "Story of Adidon".

Breh Drake cannot save face from not responding to a diss. Why would he care how he looked after the fact? If this all of this adds up, this isn't even about the music anymore.

Malik Yusef has spent the last 2-3 days on Twitter clarifying that:

1. His words were taken out of context.

2. He never claimed to know Drake played anything for Ye.

3. That he believes it was an inside job from Drake's camp.

etc etc etc.

So that's dead in the water.

And I didn't just say the reference tracks. How did Meek get "Summer 16"? How did @Broke Wave know about problems in Drake's camp, before the Mo-G shyt even blew up?

And I'm :dead: at "why would Drake care how he looks after the fact?" Is this a serious question? Even ignoring "March 14th" he wrote a long ass IG post explaining the black face, went ghost for two weeks off IG, then addressed being a deadbeat/absentee father on his album. So clearly he's invested in how he looks to the public.

Fred.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I haven't listen to this yet but going through this thread I'll say this.

Using common sense and not being a Drake hater, a fan of kanye(former before the MAGA crisis) and pusha. After the duppy track. The 1st thing that popped in my head was Kanye is running his mouth either on purpose or just Kanye being kanye talking and thinking about the consequences of what he's saying or his actions.

Duppy dropped way to quick he had been sitting on that for a bit, (same for back to back and charged up) Those are premeditated disses. Not some off the top in a day tracks.

Duppy was suppose to be a 2 birds one stone type of thing. You'd think it was strictly for pusha, but it was really for ye with shots at pusha... the general public wouldn't take it that way tho...

but hold up, SOA dropped and while I think drake knew pusha might a diss and mention his kid and girl.... He didn't expect it to be so "surgical" pusha hit him with a 3 punch combination of, his kid, girl and parents then hit him while he as down with the 40 insult and to top it off painted him in a questionable light with the black face.

So yeah drake thought he was winning the game of chess, and I really don't think his real beef was ever with pusha but more so ye.

He tried to do to much and it blew up in his face, now he trying to explain how it's been about ye the whole time not pusha....

Pusha made it about him tho, and he's been waiting for a green light to really go all in at drake. The whole "fiance" name in the song is the light he needed.

I dont think Drake or his crew is lying about anything and there is a reason ye tweeted about deading the beef wasn't because he was trying to stop it for pusha. It was for himself, he know's he the reason it heated up in the 1st place.

This doesn't mean that kanye did any of this with "malice" (dont even ask me how) or on purpose I think he just confirmed or spilled a lot of beans that push used for ammo.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I haven't listen to this yet but going through this thread I'll say this.

Using common sense and not being a Drake hater, a fan of kanye(former before the MAGA crisis) and pusha. After the duppy track. The 1st thing that popped in my head was Kanye is running his mouth either on purpose or just Kanye being kanye talking and thinking about the consequences of what he's saying or his actions.

Duppy dropped way to quick he had been sitting on that for a bit, (same for back to back and charged up) Those are premeditated disses. Not some off the top in a day tracks.

Duppy was suppose to be a 2 birds one stone type of thing. You'd think it was strictly for pusha, but it was really for ye with shots at pusha... the general public wouldn't take it that way tho...

but hold up, SOA dropped and while I think drake knew pusha might a diss and mention his kid and girl.... He didn't expect it to be so "surgical" pusha hit him with a 3 punch combination of, his kid, girl and parents then hit him while he as down with the 40 insult and to top it off painted him in a questionable light with the black face.

So yeah drake thought he was winning the game of chess, and I really don't think his real beef was ever with pusha but more so ye.

He tried to do to much and it blew up in his face, now he trying to explain how it's been about ye the whole time not pusha....

Pusha made it about him tho, and he's been waiting for a green light to really go all in at drake. The whole "fiance" name in the song is the light he needed.

I dont think Drake or his crew is lying about anything and there is a reason ye tweeted about deading the beef wasn't because he was trying to stop it for pusha. It was for himself, he know's he the reason it heated up in the 1st place.

This doesn't mean that kanye did any of this with "malice" (dont even ask me how) or on purpose I think he just confirmed or spilled a lot of beans that push used for ammo.

This makes no sense whatsoever.

So you're saying Drake threw shots at Ye on "Duppy", knowing he leaked the info....but wasn't smart enough to address that in either the song, or an interview....just went at Good Music full throttle knowing they could ruin "March 14th" and/or his alleged Adidas deal....never once thought to himself "maybe I should cut their legs off by putting this info out myself"....

Yeah. That's retarded.

Fred.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Malik Yusef has spent the last 2-3 days on Twitter clarifying that:

1. His words were taken out of context.

2. He never claimed to know Drake played anything for Ye.

3. That he believes it was an inside job from Drake's camp.

etc etc etc.

So that's dead in the water.

And I didn't just say the reference tracks. How did Meek get "Summer 16"? How did @Broke Wave know about problems in Drake's camp, before the Mo-G shyt even blew up?

And I'm :dead: at "why would Drake care how he looks after the fact?" Is this a serious question? Even ignoring "March 14th" he wrote a long ass IG post explaining the black face, went ghost for two weeks off IG, then addressed being a deadbeat/absentee father on his album. So clearly he's invested in how he looks to the public.

Fred.

The Malik Yusef comments aren't dead in the water, because he was referencing this:

“You gotta be careful how you move, I think. Not I think, I know: You gotta be careful how you move, what you say to people, what gets out, and the whole nine [yards].”

^^^ That looks like he was implying that Kanye did leak the info. That statement doesn't do that at all. It's a general statement. It only taken out of context if people assume he meant Kanye when he said what he said.

I don't follow these guys on Twitter, so I wouldn't have known about what the article took out of context.

In terms of how Drake looks after the fact, I never once referenced the black face or him being a deadbeat father. You were talking about
It's an exit plan for looking like a bytch because J. Prince made him not respond

^^^ That is what I meant about him not caring about how he looks. Drake often puts himself in those types of positions. Of course he's going to do damage control on the black face and being a dead beat father because that damages his brand.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This makes no sense whatsoever.

So you're saying Drake threw shots at Ye on "Duppy", knowing he leaked the info....but wasn't smart enough to address that in either the song, or an interview....just went at Good Music full throttle knowing they could ruin "March 14th" and/or his alleged Adidas deal....never once thought to himself "maybe I should cut their legs off by putting this info out myself"....

Yeah. That's retarded.

Fred.
Yeah,

Drake knows ye aint about the beef life so yeah, I do. I also think he probably didn't feel pusha would respond especially not right away and if he did it wouldn't have had that type of impact that it had and would be good buzz for the album.

Whelp jokes on him.