Do black men have self-esteem issue no one is talking about?

The M.I.C.

The King In The West đź‘‘
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
YqK5Q8T.jpg

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
I can't say for sure that a lack of self esteem is an issue for black men but I can say it was an issue for breh in the video. He loved her and she loved her even more. In this case I would say it's good to take things and people at face value. Again he was codependent and selfless while she was independent and selfish. I don't know what factors lead to them being this way so I can't really judge. It's just unfortunate that it ended with breh taking his own life. Actions speak louder than words and her actions were shytty to put it lightly :francis:

Fandroid

Banned
Daps
I was going to mention this. Not only that, black men and womek have the lowest suicide rates.

More to do with survival than being this unbreakable race of superhumans.

Again, this PERSONAL self-esteem doesn't correlate with the reality of our conditions.

Truetalk

Banned
Daps
Kind of agree with you. You have to have some form of mental toughness to survive in the world because your parents aren't going to teach you everything you need to know to handle society.

Not only that, you have to have some form of security in your abilities to overcome obvious obstacles in life. A mentally weak, insecure person will never become wealthy or do anything of significance in life. That person will end up blaming everything else around him/her to justify their position.

White people make things harder but not impossible. They can never make it an impossibility for people to overcome a lesser position because they aren't gods.

I might make a thread on this but I was thinking is white supremacy the most damaging thing to blacks or is it these other "minority" groups who is our biggest enemies

Daps
Everyone has self esteem issues, they get worse the further you are from white.
Indeed.

I don't believe in the silly idea of weak/strong minded people, what I do believe in is knowing yourself and identifying ways to deal with your shortcomings.
:jbhmm: Why is it a silly idea though?... Nah I disagree. There's certainly a gradient when it comes to mental fortitude.

The second part of the statement is very true and I think central to our condition: "know thyself" as it's said. I'm always writing about this; that is that as black men, we really don't know ourselves - and I don't mean it in the hotep way either. To put it briefly, I mean that because we lack honest introspection, we are unable to form principles of our own that are adequate and as a result we develop inadequate identities. So we have little that anchors and guides us and so we often end up in compromising positions.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
where did I say that systemic oppression stops you from you (usually) breathing on a daily basis?

Mixed race people aren't black.

There's black INDIVIDUALS that are middle class or rich but there are NO black middle class COMMUNTIES.

All black people in the U.K. live in the poor/working class neighborhoods.

If they end up rich they end up living next ot cacs.

Do you see now?

In America, AAs actually have black suburbs, middle-class communties that are largely black.

@rahtid come get your wasteman

fuk merica, trump on yo puss ass now

Shoog Shatmi

All Star
Daps
More to do with survival than being this unbreakable race of superhumans.
The OP asked whether black men have low self esteem in reference to a young brother who committed suicide. This is a question that has been well researched, and the data seem to say NO--in fact the opposite. No one's being extra except you.

Again, this PERSONAL self-esteem doesn't correlate with the reality of our conditions.
If our (relatively high) self esteem doesnt correlate with our success in the world, then we can discuss why. No need to create a false narrative of us having low self esteem and being suicidal when that is the opposite of reality.

Fandroid

Banned
Daps
The OP asked whether black men have low self esteem in reference to a young brother who committed suicide. This is a question that has been well researched, and the data seem to say NO--in fact the opposite. No one's being extra except you.

If our (relatively high) self esteem doesnt correlate with our success in the world, then we can discuss why. No need to create a false narrative of us having low self esteem and being suicidal when that is the opposite of reality.

Suicide doesn't always have to involve the self, physical or otherwise.

SagaAsad

Rookie
Daps
People need time to figure themselves out and really zone in on what they want out of life before they learn the hard way by losing something that means a lot to them. Money, status, acclaim isn't all there is to life but most people go through life being told what to do and by the time they can exercise their own sovereignty (graduating from college) the people that exercised dominion over them free them like a slave leaving the plantation expecting them to already have all the answers which they don't. I believe black men who run into these hurdles need a community of brothers elder and younger to converse with to steer themselves in the path that's right for them and if one doesn't exist there's nothing wrong with setting up the parameters to create one for yourselves.