Do black men have self-esteem issue no one is talking about?

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Damn he killed hisself over her? :ohhh:

She probably felt like lil homie was nice and push over. U can't force people to be with u. A lot of times when u lose it, it's really loss for ever and won't ever get that feeling back.

I don't like how he put this on shorty head tho, cause at the end of the day it's her choice to be wit him or nah.

Probably felt he would never find another connection the one he had, but he needed to let her go man

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
People need time to figure themselves out and really zone in on what they want out of life before they learn the hard way by losing something that means a lot to them. Money, status, acclaim isn't all there is to life but most people go through life being told what to do and by the time they can exercise their own sovereignty (graduating from college) the people that exercised dominion over them free them like a slave leaving the plantation expecting them to already have all the answers which they don't. I believe black men who run into these hurdles need a community of brothers elder and younger to converse with to steer themselves in the path that's right for them and if one doesn't exist there's nothing wrong with setting up the parameters to create one for yourselves.
True indeed

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Damn he killed hisself over her? :ohhh:

She probably felt like lil homie was nice and push over. U can't force people to be with u. A lot of times when u lose it, it's really loss for ever and won't ever get that feeling back.

I don't like how he put this on shorty head tho, cause at the end of the day it's her choice to be wit him or nah.

Probably felt he would never find another connection the one he had, but he needed to let her go man

The worst thing that can happen to someone who isn’t mentally strong is to get into a somewhat symbiotic relationship we’re you are reliant on each other. It’s a tradegy what happened to him, I don’t think self esteem issue is rampant among black men though I think a lot of brehs suffer from depresssion. Hell I have had moments when I have been down, I think we try and mask it in different ways. Then again why wouldn’t you be depressed when from the moment you are born you are thrown into the role of the bad guy and you have to prove yourself innocent in all things you do.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Other races issues aren't my concern unless the affect me and my race. I'm talking about my brothers. Anything else is irrelevant to this thread.

Well he answered your question moron....some do some don’t...it’s not something inherent to black men

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I personally don't have this issue, but I see it in others and my heart breaks for them really.

Because I know they have very few people they can confide in without being called "weak" or "soft"
You are just expected to man up and grow out of it...

But in order to cope... some people end up doing some fukkedup things.

This is not an excuse for such behavior, just an outsiders observation.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
That's not my point.

some black men have low self esteem, others dont. That's all I'm saying

Using the few isolated instances where a black man with low self esteem kills himself over unrequited love to suggest that black men as a whole have self esteem issues is ridiculous.
Self esteem is a huge issue in the black community. Too many of us still have a slave mentality. You cant have high self esteem and a slave mentality at the same time. Theyre conflicting mindsets

kovi

All Star
Daps
Coli nikkas will shyt on you for vulnerability, then ask these kind of questions lol.

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
In America, AAs actually have black suburbs, middle-class communties that are largely black.

Has having a black middle class stopped black Americans from getting gunned down in the middle of the street?