do we agree freeways "what we do" is the greatest moment in rocafella history?

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Not sure what you meant to ask ... but I'll try to answer the best I can.

I've heard both. And the rest of Jay-z's catalog, and most of the rest of the stuff released on the label.

"what we do" is my favorite song released on that label.

If you want to argue that other songs or albums had a bigger impact (especially songs off "Reasonable Doubt"), I won't debate that.

"what we do" is the song I would listen to most out of anything on the catalog. So, in my opinion, it's the best song from the label.

In short ... yes. Really.
I aint gonna try n change your opinion brehcifur :yeshrug:

Mandizi

5-I-3 till I D-I-E
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
I could argue try to think up other moments to put against it, but I won't.

I'm just gonna dap it and bump the fukk out of this. Classic beat, classic verses, classic video.

I have Drew Brees on my fantasy team this season and my team name is Brees Bayou because of Jay's line on this song. "Bullets breeze by you (bayou) like Louisiana mane."

Song dropped three years before Brees came to N.O. Jay-Z really was on some futuristic shyt. :ohhh:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
ROC DA MIC might take this. i dont know tho. you can say it was a bigger state property moment, rather than rocafella.

definitely was the biggest philly moment for the roc. this video was philly personified. and the electricity for the song & movie was bonkers. then nelly & murphy lee hopped on the remix when nelly was the biggest thing going in black music and he dissed krs-one.

Last edited:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
You gotta be from the hood to really get Freeway verse. Its written in another language you had to struggle to completely understand :mjcry:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
im not sure if i can say this is their greatest moment song-wise.

they were beating us over the head with classic joints & videos non-stop.

remember, dipset anthem's video was out at the same dam time(if you really consider it roc). "1 for peedi" was out right beforehand. and man, i remember more electricity surrounding "roc da mic" and the SP movie in the prior winter.

i dont know man.

Roc The Mic was a huge banger too. Them Philly boys don't enough credit. State Prop really gave Rocafella a breath of fresh air. Its always DipSet this, DipSet that but, State Prop put in work.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First time I heard this song was in the club. They played that shyt about 10 times back to back...:ohlawd: at the memories

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Roc The Mic was a huge banger too. Them Philly boys don't enough credit. State Prop really gave Rocafella a breath of fresh air. Its always DipSet this, DipSet that but, State Prop put in work.

yea. state prop WAS the roc. and they put the roc on top.

dipset put rocafella OVER the top, but they werent the heart of this.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
bullets brees bayou like louisiana mayne.. hov was ahead of his time :banderas:
mog1.gif

that shyt went right over my head! Damn!