Do y'all ever feel like Michael Jacksons greatness is somewhat exaggerated

Daps
Usher, Bobby brown, chris Brown, Timberlake, bieber, beyonce, ginuwine, pharrell, neyo, bruno mars, the weeknd etc

A lot of the biggest stars that the music industry has ever seen was influenced by Michael Jackson.

Him and the Jacksons set the standard for boybands.

His impact on dancing is powerful. The level of fluidity and dexterity that he possessed as a dancer was remarkable. He basically broke in the final evolution of dancing that has yet to be surpassed.

Classic songs/albums that spans decades. Countless records broken. The ability to bring in people of any background is something that probably has never been done before.

There's nobody on Mike's level. Pure excellence at it's peak.

Beyonce isn't even head and shoulders above some of her peers talent wise.

There's literally nothing that she does better than Mike.:yeshrug:

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
nah, fam damn near had a religion/cult while he was alive. even beyonce stans aint touching what mj fans were like. argue about the music maybe, but not the impact

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
I usually enjoy reading your post but a few clarifications..Elizabeth Taylor coined that name and it was actually the king of pop rock and soul..MJ actually hated it so I doubt he would decree he be addressed as such..and if anything those networks went to him, he was the single biggest celebrity on the planet at his peak and speaking as someone who is old enough to remember him at his zenith any acclaim he gets is well deserved, he didnt make videos, he made short movies and those debuts were events in itself. When he dropped a video your whole family watched it. When it comes to music MJ sits alone as the real king in his own stratosphere no one will ever reach. Untouchable.
You're going to have to do some research on this. I came across this information buried deep in a Prince biography so I figured it'd be hard to find a source but the info was readily available with a Google search

Why Michael Jackson Is Called "The King Of Pop"

Michael Jackson Demanded MTV Call Him “The King Of Pop” At Least Twice Per Week: Morning Mix | Idolator

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love
I know all about elvis and how big he was but he is nowhere mike jack
I don't disagree with you but for a certain segment of the population he is. And for a fringe set of those people he is one of the biggest factors in their life and they spend every day of their life dressing like him. Influence is the most important barometer of an artist's success,

♤♡♢♧
Daps
Reppin
the real hiphop.
You're going to have to do some research on this. I came across this information buried deep in a Prince biography so I figured it'd be hard to find a source but the info was readily available with a Google search

Why Michael Jackson Is Called "The King Of Pop"

Michael Jackson Demanded MTV Call Him “The King Of Pop” At Least Twice Per Week: Morning Mix | Idolator
Jackson sent a memo to MTV requesting that VJs refer to him as The King of Pop in 1991. He was still the biggest star in music and the network owed him a debt of gratitude, so they went along with it.
That's not accurate, like dude that you quoted said; Elizabeth Taylor popularized it back in '89.

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love
That's not accurate, like dude that you quoted said; Elizabeth Taylor popularized it back in '89.

So the origin of the phrase might not come with him . . that's neither here or there. The fact of the matter is that there's nothing organic about how the phrase was attributed to him

MufasaChoppa

The Rise & Fall Of Mufasa Choppa
Daps
Reppin
L.A , California
So the origin of the phrase might not come with him . . that's neither here or there. The fact of the matter is that there's nothing organic about how the phrase was attributed to him
wrong. Michaels longtime manager Bob Jones created the "King Of Pop" moniker

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love
wrong. Michaels longtime manager Bob Jones created the "King Of Pop" moniker

I just finished saying that whoever came up with it is inconsequential to what I'm saying .. you're saying Bob Jones, someone else is saying Diana Ross. Either way they decided to run with and begin a backhanded campaign of inserting this phrase and it's association with the MJ into the psyche and lexicon of the masses. It's a great power play. It's great business. Admirable . . . but not organic