Do y'all take this as Cam and Mase disrespecting Big L or being truthful?

Crumple

All Star
Daps
He’s been talking about that since his COC days.

Man. Then he has no business speaking on Big L even if he knew him.

I can probably appreciated Big L more.

I just heard How will I make it for the first time this year and it's one of my favorite hip hop tracks of all time now.

Cam is dope, but not this weird talk and him talking to married women at his age.

What happened when he was all "you need a bytch and a plan"? That Camron was great.

Crumple

All Star
Daps
so you saying mef is a terrible actor?

He's been doing acting for a while now, and occasionally drops music

No.

Stop trying to put words in my mouth.

Method Man is a cool actor, but a great emcee and human being.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I don't think L shines on Roc either. He dropped a good album, and there's nothing wrong with that. The hood..at least in Philly...fukked with it heavy. But it was just a good album. And half of it sounded old. And then he had a long ass hiatus with no music. That was '94 when Put it On & MVP dropped...'95 for the album, and then nothing until late '98. That was a completely different era.

I do think he gains an wider audience over the late early 2000s glossy production, but at best he's prob a more lyrically loved Confessions/SDE Cam in status. A solid rapper but not a star. But he was still a better rapper than Cam & Mase. But he's not a pretty boy like Mase or have the natural charisma of Cam.

Man :camby:with this shyt :laff:

L not shining over ROC production???

Just the thought on what the fans missed out on is crazy. If Beanie Sigel and Bleek wack ass could pop/get a hit, then L was most certainly challenging for the crown

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
Also imo it’s a lil disrespectful because L knocked down the door for spitters from Harlem.

He was the founder of Children of the Corn, the first to get a deal, release an album, he put on Cam and Mase or at least those recordings together would be the demos that got them signed

Before L who from Harlem was popping that was a spitter?

Digga broke it down not too long ago

at its core Children of The Corn was really just Cam x Bloodshed x Digga and occasionally Mase as a group
they had some type of Wu-Tang sounding name originally or something Science in it that they went by and had already been recording as

their first song.

L was floating the idea of a group called Children of The Corn and dubbed them all together as that when they went up to Stretch & Bobbito and it stayed after that

even American Dream was originally just the main core of the group
but even after L etc jumped on it they couldn't really do anything because all of them bar Cam and Bloodshed had label deals

thats why the French documentary really just focused on the original three and why Cam said in that podcast to Mase that at least L did American Dream

so again I can see why on the outside on looking in people would think they could be more grateful to Big L and his affiliation helped but really L never had that much impact on their careers, especially Mase's

Big L always championed Cam in any interview clips when asked about Harlem rappers though, don't think he ever mentioned Mase.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Big L was smoking shyt when he was alive.

There was more of a buzz for him than Cam when they was all alive so you never really know how things would of turned out.

Cam went on to become the biggest out of the children of the corn. No1 saw that coming in the 90s.

CAM DID NOT BECOME
A BIGGER STAR THAN MASE

:devil:
:evil:

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps
Big L had his chance respectfully. “MVP” was great but I’m not putting him over guys that had nation wide impact and were in the ballpark lyrically
Did he really tho …. he was pretty much underground to a certain degree vs someone like jay z back then ….. he was supposed to sign with rockafella apparently but he got killled ….. had he signed and really blew then he might have became something big …. Big L thew his life and promising career down the drain for his bozo jealous bully big brother and L was to blindly loyal following big brothers orders n got himself killed .. :dead:

Daps
Did he really tho …. he was pretty much underground to a certain degree vs someone like jay z back then ….. he was supposed to sign with rockafella apparently but he got killled ….. had he signed and really blew then he might have became something big …. Big L thew his life and promising career down the drain for his bozo jealous bully big brother and L was to blindly loyal following big brothers orders n got himself killed .. :dead:

Lifestyles was his shot. Nobody’s fault he was wherever he was at for years after

Razzay

Pro
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mase got 3 fukking albums and only one good one.

Harlem world was a great album. Double Up and Welcome Back could not match that energy and timing of it. Even Puff's sophomore struggled popularity wise because Badboy put out music in their own bubble and didn't try to imitate what was hot (roc and double r).

I wouldn't say tho that Mase's other material wasn't good, same as Puff's forever album they both were overlooked and had heaters.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Digga broke it down not too long ago

at its core Children of The Corn was really just Cam x Bloodshed x Digga and occasionally Mase as a group
they had some type of Wu-Tang sounding name originally or something Science in it that they went by and had already been recording as

their first song.

L was floating the idea of a group called Children of The Corn and dubbed them all together as that when they went up to Stretch & Bobbito and it stayed after that

even American Dream was originally just the main core of the group
but even after L etc jumped on it they couldn't really do anything because all of them bar Cam and Bloodshed had label deals

thats why the French documentary really just focused on the original three and why Cam said in that podcast to Mase that at least L did American Dream

so again I can see why on the outside on looking in people would think they could be more grateful to Big L and his affiliation helped but really L never had that much impact on their careers, especially Mase's

Big L always championed Cam in any interview clips when asked about Harlem rappers though, don't think he ever mentioned Mase.

Facts. Mase was also basically Ruff Ryders at the same time he was doing Children Of The Corn. That’s literally where Puff plucked him and The Lox from.

Razzay

Pro
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Facts. Mase was also basically Ruff Ryders at the same time he was doing Children Of The Corn. That’s literally where Puff plucked him and The Lox from.

JD was also trying to snatch Mase until Puff told him not to sign an anyone.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
they're not better rappers than L :yeshrug:
Ma$e doesn’t get his flowers. Naima Cochrane (Dope media personality and former Bad Boy employee) painted the picture perfectly… after Big died, Bad Boy was LOST. Everyone in the building thought it was over and Ma$e kept the lights on almost single handedly. He was writing for everyone, turning in hit after hit.