Do y'all take this as Cam and Mase disrespecting Big L or being truthful?

Razzay

Pro
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ma$e doesn’t get his flowers. Naima Cochrane (Dope media personality and former Bad Boy employee) painted the picture perfectly… after Big died, Bad Boy was LOST. Everyone in the building thought it was over and Ma$e kept the lights on almost single handedly. He was writing for everyone, turning in hit after hit.

Agreed Puff got all those accolades when Mase pen and rhythm was behind the era. Mase helped create a wave through 96-99.

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
Just say y’all think Cam and them make better music/are bigger stars than Lux and Mook. The topic was who is the nicest tho…so yeah…nah, Lux and Mook are way way way nicer than all them nigs, facts only. It’s not close. Lol @ Cam being a better rapper than Loaded Lux, tell me you sniff dope without telling me brehs
Tbh, I think Camron is underrated as a multi-syllabic rhymer or technical rapper.

He proved especially on Purple Haze that he could pull it off just as flawlessly as Big L but his style was much more commercial so it gets overlooked.

I think Big L had a stronger mic presence than both Cam and Mase but Cam is on his level as a rhymer.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Mase has flow and content was hard pre-badboy / children of the corn days

But once he got on he made more radio friendly tracks and as an artist made better 'songs' than Cam and Big L. So the argument can be made as better rapper or better artist. Not to get it twisted he still spit hard on all verses but was seen as abandoning his murdah moniker and flow for an era in hiphop that he helped birth:

Had the best verse in one of the best posse cuts of all time…

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tbh, I think Camron is underrated as a multi-syllabic rhymer or technical rapper.

He proved especially on Purple Haze that he could pull it off just as flawlessly as Big L but his style was much more commercial so it gets overlooked.

I think Big L had a stronger mic presence than both Cam and Mase but Cam is on his level as a rhymer.
He not
better than Loaded,
The veterans know it /
I said it and quoted
The metric for dopeness
And set it in stone
For the rest of them jokin
Like Betha’s pen potent..

Took less than 2 minutes of brain power. Cam alright…Lux is an alien, it’s not close. Mook too. Believe me, I hear where y’all coming from, Mase and them are rap stars and famous and all that with albums and shyt…I reiterate tho…the discussion was who’s the nicest, nothing else. Anybody telling me in my face Cam is nicer than Loaded Lux might get some sweet chin music

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Just say y’all think Cam and them make better music/are bigger stars than Lux and Mook. The topic was who is the nicest tho…so yeah…nah, Lux and Mook are way way way nicer than all them nigs, facts only. It’s not close. Lol @ Cam being a better rapper than Loaded Lux, tell me you sniff dope without telling me brehs
Mook isn’t the nicest tho. Lux I give u and that’s because not only is he crazy battling he’s also nice at making music, especially his Mixtape with DJ L. Mook didn’t even have the best Harlem verse on Rollin 25 Deep.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mook isn’t the nicest tho. Lux I give u and that’s because not only is he crazy battling he’s also nice at making music, especially his Mixtape with DJ L. Mook didn’t even have the best Harlem verse on Rollin 25 Deep.
Yeah, I usually don’t like Mook on records. On that stage tho…especially new era Mook, he isn’t Lux level but he’s is twice the rapper, skills wise, all them other humans listed are. IMHO of course.

Being fair, he arguably whipped Lux ass twice too, 🤷🏽‍♂️. I had Lux the first one but I know a lot of people had Mook in that, it’s debatable

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Yeah, I usually don’t like Mook on records. On that stage tho…especially new era Mook, he isn’t Lux level but he’s is twice the rapper, skills wise, all them other humans listed are. IMHO of course.

Being fair, he arguably whipped Lux ass twice too, 🤷🏽‍♂️. I had Lux the first one but I know a lot of people had Mook in that, it’s debatable
Lux CLEARLY won that first one especially if u watched the unaired rounds. The 2nd he didn’t even get the best Lux. Lux is a “different” rapper. It’s not some shyt u see everyday. Mook is nice. But honestly I don’t like to rate battle rappers like that because the shyt is basically spoken word with no structure now. Condensing all of that shyt into a song and still making it dope is a skill in itself.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lux CLEARLY won that first one especially if u watched the unaired rounds. The 2nd he didn’t even get the best Lux. Lux is a “different” rapper. It’s not some shyt u see everyday. Mook is nice. But honestly I don’t like to rate battle rappers like that because the shyt is basically spoken word with no structure now. Condensing all of that shyt into a song and still making it dope is a skill in itself.
shyt, I had Lux in the 2nd one too, lol…that was a bad Mook imo (to be fair it was a ‘bad’ Lux too), he just had a lot of crowd reaction…and the simpletons use that and that alone to gauge who won a battle…I don’t gauge it like that. I know the consensus overwhelmingly, damn near unanimously, got Mook winning that tho, it’s all good.

Mook has gotten way wayyyyyy better since then.